Dana White: Tonight's PPV is trending higher than 189

ForbiddenSun

The VP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
No world tour, no millions in promotion, and no title fight as the co-main ala Conor. This was an easy squash match for Ronda in the main -1600 favorite and to hear this is trending bigger than 189 for PPV proves Ronda is the biggest star in MMA

If she gets anything over 600k it would have been amazing. If she comes anywhere close to 1m that would be the most impressive drawing power in MMA history.

I was guessing 500k before the event, this one had about 60% more views during the weighins compared to her last event, if that means anything.

Also i think it's safe to assume that atleast some attention from the 189 hype will carry over to coming events giving them a little boost.

Glad Ronda performed so well, it was about as good as you could expect.

Lots of celebrities are tweeting about Ronda right now.

Danas trending is meaningless, twitter isn't ppv buys

I've been saying around 700k, an improvement of about 100k over her previous card which didn't really have a significant co-main. This takes into account the fact that it's a card outside the US, adding shogun/little nog as a co-main, but also the "Ronda won an ESPY" effect which will be surprisingly significant because even though people don't take much stock in the ESPYs, it's great for exposure.

Dana bringing WMMA into the UFC sums up all that's wrong with him and the UFC.

If this did better then 189 would be insane. I mean the expectations for this card werent huge, but back to back huge ppv numbers would be great

all these ppv numbers are highly inflated, if the report doesn't come from the source, don't trust it

That's a shame coz it was a awful fight card.
It would be bad if more people watched this than 189

It's trending higher because Ronda is a huge hit with non-mma fans and celebrities in the twitter world.

Waiting for Meltzer. Closest thing to an unbiased estimation we could get.

yeah its obviously trending higher. Everyone bought 189 because they wanted to see it. most people didnt buy 190 because they knew they could look up the entire 34 second main event online because everyone knew bethe wouldnt last a minute. personally i predicted 12 seconds. ended in 34.... i wasnt far off.

Last edited:
Dana embellish a little? Would he do that?

What if UFC 190 did 1.5 million buys. It would either mean absolutely nothing in the long run since It was a shit card highlighted by one fighter, so the casual staying is mininum. Or that going forward women's MMA is the wave of the future.....

Damn i hope not. This was one of the worst cards ive seen in a long while. Having fucking gadelhia open was the perfect way to suck the life out of a card from the beginning.

My bar was packed tonight. To think, i wanted to leave after the shogun fight!

Should've. Everything went as predicted.

I saw about 5 different people on my Twitter feed who have NEVER posted about MMA before talk about Rousey and how good she is.

It doesn't suprise me that it's trending higher than UFC 189, but trending high doesn't = PPV buys.

just like 189 doing 1mm ppvs...then reports coming out that its not nearly close to that. lol.

Dana's just hyping her up n will for next 5 days until next PPV needs to be sold. Then Mighty Mouse will be the p4p best.

Back