Dana White thinks Conor McGregor is #1 p4p fighter in the UFC lol(2016)

My understanding of #1 p4p is that the fighter who holds that distinction is the best fighter in the sport irrespective of weight. The measure of that is how accomplished they are compared to other fighters. It's not about how many weight classes you can excel at but how good you are at fighting.

So currently I consider Demetrious Johnson to be #1 p4p.

3 weightclasses above his original... Maybe you forgot, but the last time they fought he won. That is more significant than the result of the first fight. If they fight again he will win again. Get mad bitch.
3 weight classes up?

That is 185

Also Nate fought most of his career at 155 while Conor looks like a cancer patient at 145....you're dumb as shit

3 weightclasses above his original... Maybe you forgot, but the last time they fought he won. That is more significant than the result of the first fight. If they fight again he will win again. Get mad bitch.

You're trolling right? No one could be this stupid.

I don't see any harm with Dana saying this.

P4P rankings are always hypothetical about which fighters we think would do well at all weights. yet rarely does any fighter in the top ten of that list move up and face the best of the division above them, most move up and take low ranked fighters if they move up at all.

McGregor is the only champion that moved up and challenged himself against the champion of another weight class and destroyed him, made him look like he didn't even belong in the octagon. No other fighter is doing that so how is it wrong to say he isn't P4P best? He's proving he's good at multiple weight classes, the others in contention are still hypothetical.

Dana is being modest, again, Conor is the p4p of all combat sports ;)

How the fuck is everyone saying he is when he was finished just earlier this year....

Yeah he got 2 belts but nobody else was getting a title shot at another weight after being 1-1 with Nate....There are other guys who have defended the crown in their division for a long time

At least MM and Jones are ahead of him
I don't really think this thread is worth givong serious thought to.
BUT, if Dana really believed this guy was so legit, why did the UFC not allow Frankie enter the cage to call him out after his fight (I believe the Mendes fight)? They pretty much seem to always allow that, but they didn't want him facing the guy.
I honestly think it's best to limit the number of responses to this bullshit following. It will evwntually pass. Maybe (just maybe) the cream will rise to the top and at least the hyped up fighters may be the guys who are actually the best.

Are you so dumb as to think him losing a fight somehow erases all the accomplishments? The positives far outweigh the negatives. And that's just how it is.
Are you talking about Aldo or McGregor, here? I'm not sure who you were responding to.

Are you talking about Aldo or McGregor, here? I'm not sure who you were responding to.

McGregor (although a similar thing could apply to Aldo as well.) Person I was talking to thinks Diaz choking Conor out is some absolute barrier preventing him from being the #1 P4P fighter at the moment.

• Cormier is a much much better fighter than he is. Undefeated against GOOD heavyweights, all of which were closer to their prime than not. Only one loss at LHW and that's to a great fighter, maybe the p4p all time GOAT.
  • Jon Jones fought and won a month after Mcgregor lost to a Journeyman, so he's also clearly ahead P4P. I still consider him to be active
  • Ferguson is on a 9 fight win streak and is going on 3 years undefeated, he's also better
  • Rumble Johnson is a better version of Mcgregor, but gets no promotion for obvious reasons. One loss in 4 years; and that's to the p4p best active fighter Daniel Cormier. He knocks guys the fuck OUT like they are nobodies. He makes most fighters look ameture.
  • Dom and Might Mouse are next. I don't put them close to the top because I don't think there is a ton of talent in those divisions; which is why they've been undefeated for so long.

Then after that you can put Mcgregor.

Yeah, let's just gloss over the fact that he got embarrassed and tapped by an out-of-camp lightweight, then struggled to a majority decision against him in the rematch.

Anyone who thinks that Conor is no1 P4P is a fucking moron.

at around the 2:55 mark

EDIT: for the record I'm not disagreeing, just curious as to what you guys think compared to the Jones, MM, .etc

If you don't disagree then WTF is with the lol? He has two titles in two weight classes. Is it a joke to think he's doing what p4p actually means?

• Cormier is a much much better fighter than he is. Undefeated against GOOD heavyweights, all of which were closer to their prime than not. Only one loss at LHW and that's to a great fighter, maybe the p4p all time GOAT.
  • Jon Jones fought and won a month after Mcgregor lost to a Journeyman, so he's also clearly ahead P4P. I still consider him to be active
  • Ferguson is on a 9 fight win streak and is going on 3 years undefeated, he's also better
  • Rumble Johnson is a better version of Mcgregor, but gets no promotion for obvious reasons. One loss in 4 years; and that's to the p4p best active fighter Daniel Cormier. He knocks guys the fuck OUT like they are nobodies. He makes most fighters look ameture.
  • Dom and Might Mouse are next. I don't put them close to the top because I don't think there is a ton of talent in those divisions; which is why they've been undefeated for so long.
Then after that you can put Mcgregor.

Yes, they're great in their weight classes. McGregor is the best in two weight classes and proved it decisively.

He knocked out the FW champ (and p4p number 1 at the time) and the LW champ.

He is the p4p king. Mickey Mouse got destroyed by Cruz and had to build a midget weight class for him.

I don't think he's the all-around best fighter out there, BUT he is the one fighter with the credentials (two division champ) to make a legit claim to being p4p best.

Conor's good, but Dana has always confused pound for pound with £ for £.

If you're not disagreeing then why put "lol" in the title?

Back