Media Dana White: The two best heavyweights in the world are Gane and Lewis (not Ngannou)

Is Dana White dissing Ngannou by calling Lewis and Gane the two best heavyweights?

• Total voters
The funny thing is he’s not wrong.

- Lewis BEAT Ngannou

- Ngannou DUCKED Lewis

- You can argue Gane is better than Ngannou

Those UFC belts are nothing but marketing props, Gane and Lewis are both superior to Ngannou.

<mma4>

No problem; I shouldn't have called you a scumbag. Thanks for apologizing, and thanks for the video. I added it to the opening post.

No worries. From your perspective I would look like a scumbag who is smearing your name. So you are justified in feeling that way.

Now that we set the record straight, to add to your topic, I agree that Dana just unfairly devalued his real champ in the interview. Not sure if it was totally intentional because in his earlier interview he did add in the line that Lewis/Gane are the best fighters who are not champ. He might have missed it out in his eagerness to sell this Saturday's fight.

But either way, if I were Ngannou, I would be going wtf. Ngannou isn't even inactive and now they are having an interim? That's disrespectful. Ngannou had a long road to the title, fighting everyone placed in front of him. It was a well-deserved title victory, which even I as a Stipe fan can 100% acknowledge. And now the company is pulling a power play to let him know he is replaceable if he doesn't fight at their price. This is exactly why fighters need to band together and form a union.

At this point, sadly, Ngannou doesn't really have many options because he doesn't have enough clout. If I were him, I'll focus on destroying whatever challengers UFC places in front of me. Become must-see TV first, and money fights/boxing super fights will start rolling in.

Dana feeds Francis to the canvas inside 4 minutes.

Jesus Christ Dana, and what's worse is all the casuals are eating this shit up and shifting on Francis on his fb posts for being scared or ducking, never defending . He knocked out the champ after earning his way to the belt like what ...4 months ago ? doesn't deserve this kinda bad rep, and this is coming from someone who hated his hype as a contender so big turn around for my view

At this point, Ngannou should just fight out his contract vs. whoever and leave this trash org and fight elsewhere. Go to Bellator or both him and JJ sign w One and kickstart their moribund HW division. Easy paydays and no damage for the rest of their careers vs. having to bow to this scummier version of Don King while gritting their teeth.

Bellator already has better FW and LHW and WW would be on par with it if not for Usman. Would be cool to see the big stars boycott or join up with Jake Paul (not in an org, but for social media purpose to put some real pressure on the UFC's scummy ways).

Wrong guy to piss off too, since Ngannou is close with Usman and Izzy, and they are all the big stars now who are leaps above the rest of the division. Imagine Ngannou, Jones, Izzy, Usman all leaving to go elsewhere, UFC would become a total joke and have PFL tier talent.

The funny thing is he’s not wrong.

- Lewis BEAT Ngannou

- Ngannou DUCKED Lewis

- You can argue Gane is better than Ngannou

Those UFC belts are nothing but marketing props, Gane and Lewis are both superior to Ngannou.

<mma4>
I can’t tell if this is a troll job or someone with horrible opinions lol

Jesus Christ Dana, and what's worse is all the casuals are eating this shit up and shifting on Francis on his fb posts for being scared or ducking, never defending . He knocked out the champ after earning his way to the belt like what ...4 months ago ? doesn't deserve this kinda bad rep, and this is coming from someone who hated his hype as a contender so big turn around for my view
He wants to sit out in hopes to get a Jones fight... kind of annoying considering he JUST got the title

He's great at what he does, but damn he is so unlikeable. That being said, the UFC was sold for 4 billion... WWE is only worth 6 billion... UFC is catching up to WWE in like 1/3 of the time existing.

He wants to sit out in hopes to get a Jones fight... kind of annoying considering he JUST got the title
So you’re more annoyed at the fighter who wants to get paid more than the promoter who can afford to pay him but chooses not to…..okay that make sense I guess lol

I can’t tell if this is a troll job or someone with horrible opinions lol

1. Lewis beating Ngannou is not an opinion.

2. Ngannou refused to fight Lewis in this card, hence Gane getting the shot

3. Facts are not opinions buddy.

l@nd0

I don’t care too much about what he says but I’d sure like to see Jones and Francis having fights soon.
Figure it out Dana. Make a deal with those guys or let them free from their contracts so they can promote it themselves. If you guys cant figure out how to make enough money to put on the biggest fights don’t hold the sport back.

So you’re more annoyed at the fighter who wants to get paid more than the promoter who can afford to pay him but chooses not to…..okay that make sense I guess lol
I didn’t say that… honestly don’t know because I don’t know the actual numbers being negotiated…. I just know a lot of fighters are able to make a deal and Francis doesn’t seem to be able to.

1. Lewis beating Ngannou is not an opinion.

2. Ngannou refused to fight Lewis in this card, hence Gane getting the shot

3. Facts are not opinions buddy.

l@nd0
Francis never refused to fight beast Chief

Simple answer yes….yes he’s wrong
Your boy ducked the fight. What more needs to be said, man? Let him sit, I couldn’t care less. Fighters that don’t want to fight don’t entertain me. Let him stick to whining about boxing money while he makes no money. It’s not my problem. We will all be watching Saturday night. But nobody will be watching Ngannou Saturday night. He played himself.

At what point is it going to dawn on you people that Dana white is a God damn fight promoter?

It's more his job to create hype and manage press than it is to be honest.

Do you really expect him to say these 2 bums are gonna Duke it out while the real heavyweight champ sits it out because we wanted to pay him like a chump and he was like fuck that noise ?

Also Dana has never been real big on fighters that he can't knuckle under

I'm a dana fan but this disappoints me.

Hype machine as usual…

Anyone fighting for a title or interim is gonna be promoted as the best

Well, Lewis did beat Ngannou, so at least there's somewhat of an argument there....Not sure what Gane did to be the second best HW, though.
Yeah , I remember they fight ….
No , i don’t remember ?
Did they fight actually ?

Back