Dana White Terrorized by One UFC Fighter's Fans

How do you see it?

• Total voters
So it's Tony's fault for not fighting for an interim title even though he was stripped of his interim title and had already won a fight after returning from his injury

Alright Dana

But whyyyy...

Tbh I supported the decision at the time cause I thought Holloway would beat all of them and thought they were trying to kneecap Tony's run, but Tony did turn down that fight. And Dustin was really getting agitated at the time, seem to recall him complaining on SM? Anyway putting the interim label was a good way to keep him happy for awhile I guess.

But yeah screws everything up a bit. Way I see it Tony has 2 interim defenses and Dustin has an interim interim belt. Tony wouldn't deserve a defense for the Pettis win but since when has that stopped anyone from getting a title shot?

Sorry Dana. You have half-a-point here, but you lose the benefit of the doubt with your past shenanigans surrounding chasing dollar bills and matchmaking.

If you want to chase money to an increasingly exclusion of merit, that's fine...but don't expect to get the benefit of the doubt when those worlds collide.

I'm not shedding any tears.

Between April/2014 and April 2016 (24 months), Khabib fought twice, going 2-0 with 1 finish. Since that time, and prior to winning the title from McGregor in November/2018, Khabib went 3-0, with decisions over Iaquinta and Barboza, and a stoppage of Johnson. Brings 1 "... Of The Night" bonus to the table (during that timeframe).

Between May/2014 and July/2016 (26 months), Tony ran a streak of 7-0 with 5 finishes. Since that time, and prior to returning to face Cerrone, Tony went 3-0, with stoppages over Pettis and Lee, and a decision over RDA. Brings 7 "... Of The Night" bonuses to the table over the same period.

Not trying to take away anything from Khabib's most recent run of opponents, but it would be hard to argue Khabib was more deserving of a title shot than Tony was.
Khabib earned it the second he dominated RDA, and RDA was champion less than a year later while Khabib was still undefeated

Tony May very well be the lightweight goat and he’s still only had a shot at interim. That’s criminal for a sport that is “as real as it gets “

Khabib earned it the second he dominated RDA, and RDA was champion less than a year later while Khabib was still undefeated

Tony finished Barboza and Barboza took Khabib to a decision. Tony also has a decision win over RDA, if somehow that means any benchmark, and during a period more closer to RDA's peak at LW rather than leading up to it.

Tony finished Barboza and Barboza took Khabib to a decision. Tony also has a decision win over RDA, if somehow that means any benchmark, and during a period more closer to RDA's peak at LW rather than leading up to it.
RDA has just beat Cerrone, was on a 5 fight win streak when Khabib fought and went on an undefeated streak to the title after Khabib beat him. He was coming off getting KO’d when Ferguson faced him.

Are we really going to knock Khabib for not finishing Barboza when it was as one sided a beat down as you could have?

<Goldie11>

Between April/2014 and April 2016 (24 months), Khabib fought twice, going 2-0 with 1 finish. Since that time, and prior to winning the title from McGregor in November/2018, Khabib went 3-0, with decisions over Iaquinta and Barboza, and a stoppage of Johnson. Brings 1 "... Of The Night" bonus to the table (during that timeframe).

Between May/2014 and July/2016 (26 months), Tony ran a streak of 7-0 with 5 finishes. Since that time, and prior to returning to face Cerrone, Tony went 3-0, with stoppages over Pettis and Lee, and a decision over RDA. Brings 7 "... Of The Night" bonuses to the table over the same period.

Not trying to take away anything from Khabib's most recent run of opponents, but it would be hard to argue Khabib was more deserving of a title shot than Tony was.

Hard to be a fan of Tony's after listening to his interview with Matt Serra

tenor.gif

Tony had no reason to fight Holloway, the title fight is his 4fights ago, and UFC are trying to trip Tony up.

Mark my words, they will make Justin vs Tony happen for a 3 rounder for Gaethje to have a better chance, otherwise they will say Tony was too inactive to get the title fight if he doesn't get extorted into picking that fight. Suddenly, when he signs the contract, Khabib makes a quick turnaround to fight Conor and UFC will claim Tony is already signed so uhhh tough luck kiddo.

How many times has he pulled out?

Almost every single time he's been offered a top 5 fighter. Hell, he even wanted nothing to do with Michael f'n Johnson in a rematch. It should not be a surprised that his nickname is El Chicken.

Dana White is being too soft tbh. Those MS 13 thugs have no right no bully Dana White.

Did anyone else misread that as One FC fans?

Me even being a die hard Poirier fan thinks Tony deserves it before Poirier, and he sure as shit shouldn't of had to fight Poirier for a shot at the title. This is a prime example why I hate Dana fucking White with a passion, he tries to spin and lie about everything, fuck him.

Tony should get it. He should fight the winner of Khabib/Poirier but tbh it will prob go to Conor and Tony will fight the loser. He should have fought Max. I feel for him to some point but I also know how the fight game goes.

They offered him the Max or Poirier fight while he was having a mental episode and on a restraining order from his wife.. but lets not let facts get in the way huh Dana?

Tony fucks Kabeeb up and Dana knows it.

Protecting his boy. This has been proven with Dana not making the rematch with Conor too.

You’re right, Dana is protecting his boy, Conor, by not having that rematch.

Back