Dana White talks Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov

This fight you could book right now,dana,is the biggest fight in the UFC. Khabib has provided you with all you need to hype on your fancy pants promos.

You are out of your mind if you think that.

The biggest fight in the UFC requires A LOT of main stream attention. No one outside of the educated knows who the fuck Khabib is. He's not a draw in the slightest, hence why he's never even headlined a card.

For his fight against Diaz at ww? Is that your question?

You insinuated that Conor had a lot to lose in that fight. I'm wondering just what it was that he was risking?

He lost the first time and it didn't seem to hurt him at all - therefore he didn't take a huge risk.

You're such a blatant hater it's disgusting. Here's an easy one....he picked Nate because RDA pulled out at the last fucking minute. RDA. Who was viewed as unbeatable at the time. In a higher weight class. He didn't even need to fight anyone.

He's a warrior through and through and people like you disgust me.

Won't bother shooting holes in the rest of your kindergarten dissertation, but let's just say you need a head check.

He was finished by a LW and still got a shot at the LW title that year.

Tell again what he had to lose?

You insinuated that Conor had a lot to lose in that fight. I'm wondering just what it was that he was risking?

He lost the first time and it didn't seem to hurt him at all - therefore he didn't take a huge risk.

It didn't hurt his image at all getting choked out? Didn't hurt his mystique? Hurt his legacy? It was a fight he didn't have to take and that others have backed out of. He had more to lose taking the fight than to gain by fighting it. It was a late replacement fight, not the one he signed and trained for.

You are out of your mind if you think that.

The biggest fight in the UFC requires A LOT of main stream attention. No one outside of the educated knows who the fuck Khabib is. He's not a draw in the slightest, hence why he's never even headlined a card.
Everyone know who he is now that he fought on the same card as conor and threw the gauntlet down. Were Nate Diaz and Eddie alvarez huge draws?

It's so cute that you guys believe Khabib won't get injured while doing something retarded at AKA to be able to take a fight with Conor in first place.

You're adorable.

If he beats Tony then Kablob gets the chance to see if he can hold Conor down before getting KTFO.

You're such a blatant hater it's disgusting. Here's an easy one....he picked Nate because RDA pulled out at the last fucking minute. RDA. Who was viewed as unbeatable at the time. In a higher weight class. He didn't even need to fight anyone.

He's a warrior through and through and people like you disgust me.

Won't bother shooting holes in the rest of your kindergarten dissertation, but let's just say you need a head check.
You totally skipped the entire point of him "picking nate" and you don't even realize it...Pettis, cerrone, ferguson, khabib, edgar all offered to step in for rda but he picked nate. So why side e pick nate over the others?

Last edited:
Conor is lucky they isolate the post fight pressers now. Khabib would have words with him.

Untrue.
He picked the Nate fight because he underestimated Nate and knew Nate had no training camp at all. He then arranged for the fight against the lightweight to he at welterweight, to have an inbuilt excuse. An excuse we've heard plenty of: "Raah rah this lightweight was three times my size; amazing behemoth raah rah"
Worst case scenario: He loses at welterweight, keeps his featherweight belt and his lightweight aspirations.

Then he lost and chose to rematch Nate at welterweight. Seems really brave, but honestly, what were the options? Live with having been bested?
Worst outcome: He loses again to a guy who's got his number and sinply says: "Oh well, welterweight isnt for me."

Then he chose not to defend his belt at featherweight (really bad worst case scenario!) or to work his way up to a lightweight title shot, but immediately went for the champ. Worst case scenario: "Oh well, this champion dude is just really good and I'm a featherweight anyway."

Now he's started to mouth off to Woodley, all the while ignoring every contender in his weight classes. Worst case scenario when he loses to Woodley: "Oh well, he's just 10x my size and really good, and I'm still the champ at LW anyway."

Last time Conor took a chance was when he accepted short notice Mendes for the interim title. That loss to a smaller dude without the belt to fall back on or any inbuilt excuses could've really hurt his career.

Then he got the belt and started becoming a calculating bitch.

I'm not saying he's scared of anybody. He's a fucking elite cage fighter. But despite apoearances to the contrary, from a strategic point of view he manages his career like a humongous pussy.

100% true, but you won't convince his delusional nuthuggers here, they think he's 4 division champ material lol.

Dana doesnt like ground fighters as UFC champs.. I know it for a fact. He wants striking champs who bang bro.

Everyone know who he is now that he fought on the same card as conor and threw the gauntlet down. Were Nate Diaz and Eddie alvarez huge draws?

Nate was already a bigger draw than Khabib before the first Conor fight and afterwards it's not even close. Eddie was simply a vehicle to allow Conor to become 2 weight champ.

You said Khabib v Conor would be the biggest fight the UFC could make. And that is simply 100% not true. Really interesting match-up for the well informed. But I guarantee it doesn't beat Conor's last few fights in terms of PPV numbers.

Also doesn't help that the average dumb arse American can't pronounce his name. All these factors come into play.

Like it or not the biggest fight (PPV numbers) the UFC could put on is Conor v Nate III. Followed up by Conor v Woodley.

I personally want Conor v Ferguson. But once again, Ferguson isn't a big enough draw.

It sucks but that's the world we live in.

Untrue.
He picked the Nate fight because he underestimated Nate and knew Nate had no training camp at all. He then arranged for the fight against the lightweight to he at welterweight, to have an inbuilt excuse. An excuse we've heard plenty of: "Raah rah this lightweight was three times my size; amazing behemoth raah rah"
Worst case scenario: He loses at welterweight, keeps his featherweight belt and his lightweight aspirations.

Then he lost and chose to rematch Nate at welterweight. Seems really brave, but honestly, what were the options? Live with having been bested?
Worst outcome: He loses again to a guy who's got his number and sinply says: "Oh well, welterweight isnt for me."

Then he chose not to defend his belt at featherweight (really bad worst case scenario!) or to work his way up to a lightweight title shot, but immediately went for the champ. Worst case scenario: "Oh well, this champion dude is just really good and I'm a featherweight anyway."

Now he's started to mouth off to Woodley, all the while ignoring every contender in his weight classes. Worst case scenario when he loses to Woodley: "Oh well, he's just 10x my size and really good, and I'm still the champ at LW anyway."

Last time Conor took a chance was when he accepted short notice Mendes for the interim title. That loss to a smaller dude without the belt to fall back on or any inbuilt excuses could've really hurt his career.

Then he got the belt and started becoming a calculating bitch.

I'm not saying he's scared of anybody. He's a fucking elite cage fighter. But despite apoearances to the contrary, from a strategic point of view he manages his career like a humongous pussy.
tumblr_nisvy9vbma1r61vzwo1_400f-gif.75775

You totally skipped the entire point of him "picking nate" and you don't even realize it...Pettis, cerrone, ferguson, khabib, edgar all offered to step in for rda but he picked nate. So why side e pick nate over the others?

None of those guys offered to step in you moron where the fuck do you get this shit?

Cerrone and Pettis had fights booked Edgar said no as did Aldo (one said he wasn't ready other one was injured) Ferguson and Khabib were silent and barracking for a title shot.

So please enough of your Bullshit.

None of those guys offered to step in you moron where the fuck do you get this shit?

Cerrone and Pettis had fights booked Edgar said no as did Aldo (one said he wasn't ready other one was injured) Ferguson and Khabib were silent and barracking for a title shot.

So please enough of your Bullshit.
Dana white said they offered to stop in...you are correct about edgar I forgot, Dana claimed he turned down the offer then edgar flipped shit and said he never turned it down.

But otherwise you're just wrong, when dana made the announcement he listed several fighters who offered to take it and simply added "a lot of guys wanted the fight"

So please, enough of your bullshit, if you prefer to live I'm a world f denial and delusion you can so it all alone

It's so cute that you guys believe Khabib won't get injured while doing something retarded at AKA to be able to take a fight with Conor in first place.

You're adorable.

Damn, I forgot he over trains there. Curse the MMA gods!

It didn't hurt his image at all getting choked out? Didn't hurt his mystique? Hurt his legacy? It was a fight he didn't have to take and that others have backed out of. He had more to lose taking the fight than to gain by fighting it. It was a late replacement fight, not the one he signed and trained for.
He thought Nate was a mark. The second fight he had to spend 300k on his camp and barely won decision.

Back