Dana White stops a prank

They hyped the prank to get people to watch because this week's fight sucked!

Um, is ronda so stupid she doesnt realizt that almost all men have unibrows

Unibrows are part of the stereotype of Armenian men. What she was more getting across was (and what was missed by most people during her rant), was that it's a dirtball move to be making fun of someone for what they look like. If you're making someone feel bad about themselves for what they look like, that's not a prank, that's just being a jerk. It all depends on how the person receives it, and when it's clear they don't receive it in the silly way you intended, it's time to back off of it go somewhere else with it.

It certainly wasn't intended to be racist, but it is a bit lame to harass someone throughout a show for their looks.

I don't know if it is racist, but if what others have said is accurate, it could be offensive.

Somebody equated it to portraying a Jew with a big nose.

I don't, I've never known an Armenian closely.

That being said, it did seem to really get to Edmond. So, it might have been something he was self conscious about.

Sure, Edmond doesn't seem like the most emotionally stable individual, but still. For something to upset him to the extent of leaving practice, it must of been significant.

I don't know if it is racist, but if what others have said is accurate, it could be offensive.

Somebody equated it to portraying a Jew with a big nose.

I don't, I've never known an Armenian closely.

It's almost like those caricatures in the 1940s from Looney Tunes of blacks, Mexicans, Germans, etc.

Even if it was meant as a personal insult to Edmund's looks, it's still petty.

so unibrows are off limits if they are on the face of a person who is apart of a race that stereotypically has unibrows? like if edmond was swedish and had his unibrow, it would be cool, but since he's armenian it's not? pretty dumb.

is making fun of meisha's nose ok, as long as she's not jewish? cause alot of ronda fans were doing that weeks ago, now they've changed to "making fun of someone's looks is low."

fuck edmond can pluck is unibrow, meisha can't change her nose without surgery.

Honestly man, eyebrows can be shaped in 2 seconds. It's not a permanent feature on anyone. Even comparing it to body type, or nose or jaw, is insane.

I know a couple guys who trim the middle of their eyebrows because they felt the unibrow doesn't suit them.
A couple other guys couldn't care less.

Additionally, I never realized Armenians were associated with unibrows till Ronda made the distinction.

THIS guy is the most popular symbol for unibrow.
anthony-davis-angry-bird.jpg

It's been a meme for years.

Once again having thick eyebrows isn't a racial feature. It's a personal choice. I'll fix it for Edmond in 2 seconds if he's that embarrassed by it.

Every site has recaps. No need to go into a forum dedicated to discussing TUF & be surprised people are discussing TUF

There seems to be a subset of Shertards who are genuinely surprised that hundreds of thousands of MMA fans are tuning in watching TUF, much less discussing about it after each episode.

I was relief when the haters said they would "boycott TUF 18", but alas, that didn't prevent them from sticking their heads in here and stinks this place up with their worthless "contribution" every damn week.

Last edited:
Pranks worse than this have been going on forever on TUF. This is the first time I can remember Dana feeling the need that he needs to go and remove the prank because he doesn't think that one side can handle it maturely.

Aren't Armenians Caucasian? I'm not sure that can be construed as racist if a person from the same race is just making fun of extra facial hair.

We don't really have a good common term to cover that case. So people just seem to use the word racist and most know what they mean.

That scene was hilarious. Watching Dana mope around pulling down pictures because he doesn't want pranks on his TUF show. Please....he LOVES the pranks b/c they get viewers and get people talking. He got more publicity but trying to stop the prank. They could have just not aired it at all if he didn't want to bring it up.
The whole show is just manufactured and Dana is a giant hypocrit. It's fantastic!

The damage control and favoritism displayed by Dana is pretty pathetic. That was a tame prank and not the least bit racist. He just didn't want his sweetheart having another meltdown that no amount of editing could hide.

Honda's heads all fucked up from judo slams or something, the way she impulsively acts is borderline and she cries over everything. I liked her before TUF, now I hope Tate gets the W for the sake of humility.

Pranks worse than this have been going on forever on TUF. This is the first time I can remember Dana feeling the need that he needs to go and remove the prank because he doesn't think that one side can handle it maturely.

Exactly, RR & her assistant coach & Edmund are children

Best part was RR looking around the room yelling "right?" to her staff & team & nobody agreeing & RR walking out mad that she is the only seeing it

:icon_lol:
I did laugh at that scene.

As other posters have pointed out the unibrow transcends ethnic/racial lines.

I did laugh at that scene.
As other posters have pointed out the unibrow transcends ethnic/racial lines.

I am not one to throw "racism" around that easily.
We have seen how the use of that word can turn a situation violent, when it wouldn't be without that word.

More than her other childish acts, this one bothered me

I keep seeing post relating to Dana saying that.

When did he say that?

The only thing I saw was his convo in his car with RR, that the near fighting has to stop, bc it makes everyone look bad.

I did not see any meeting with Miesha at all, nevermind a "no pranks" meeting

I keep seeing post relating to Dana saying that.

When did he say that?

The only thing I saw was his convo in his car with RR, that the near fighting has to stop, bc it makes everyone look bad.

I did not see any meeting with Miesha at all, nevermind a "no pranks" meeting

I think he said he might have to go talk to Tate about the pranks but he never did. Just another day at Miesha Tate High School. In the end, the rebels always make the cool clique look foolish. Then they play a Simple Minds song and roll credits.

I agree ! I was like wtf why is Dana taking down the pictures and why are the pictures blurred..

Back