Dana White still has no plans to strip Jon Jones of his UFC light heavyweight title

WHO IS MORE LIKELY TO FIGHT BY THE END OF THE YEAR--?--Jon Jones Or Mcgregor,
and an even better question. Chances mcgregor actually fights at 155 because who said he even wants the khabib fight? I think we will get an iterim fight at LHW, we will see jones move up to try to win the belt there, and win or lose--he comes back to regain his LHW strap--jjst spit ballin here

LOL Those contracts are one-sided and draconian, and they wouldn't stand up to actual court battle if there were a fighter who was willing to sacrifice his career to take on the UFC.

Also, Conor has forced the UFC to renegotiate after every single fight.

Not saying that Jones is going to get everything that he's asking for, but the fact that Dana is unwilling strip him means that they're going to work something out eventually.

The advantage Conor had was he was breaking PPV records every fight.

The dumbass judges should have just given Reyes the title like he deserved..

I guess Dana is letting Jones see if he has as many other options as he thought. Plus Jones' last fight was only six months ago, so it's not exactly an emergency to have a title fight at 205. Valentina hasn't fought since that exact same card and has nothing scheduled either.

We still have a LHW division? And I thought they closed it as we got 3 champs in Santos, Reyes and Jones. Well actually 2, Santos and Reyes.
Jones lost his belt to 2 guys and like 11 drug tests.

He earns $5 million per fight. A lot of UFC fighters would kill to make that kind of money. Not saying he doesn’t deserve more but so does the rest of the UFC roster. Change the UFC’s pay structure so everyone gets paid more but it’s not fair to make concessions for one guy.

I think Dana was saying he wants Conor and Khabib type money yet he doesn’t bring in the same PPV revenue to justify it.

The entire roster deserves more too? I disagree 100%. Fighters are everyday people like you and I. There is nothing special about them apart from the fact that they like getting hit for a living. Half of these fighters didn’t even graduate high school and you are saying they deserve more pay? I think they are worth what they will get paid. Do I think jones deserves a pay bump if he were to go up to heavyweight? Yes I do, but I also think jones has 0 interest in fighting at heavyweight. It’s all talk. But, do I think random undercard fighter deserves more? No I don’t, work your way up or move on to something else.

Jon Jones may not have plans to fight any time soon, but his UFC light heavyweight championship isn’t going anywhere just yet

Over the past few months, Jones has been at odds with the UFC after he attempted to procure a fight against heavyweight knockout artist Francis Ngannou after they exchanged several messages on social media teasing a potential showdown. When Jones reached out to the UFC to gauge their interest in the fight, he said the promotion shot down any attempted negotiation for a more lucrative deal to finally see him test the heavyweight waters.

UFC president Dana White later countered by claiming Jones was asking for an absurd amount of money and the conversation with the light heavyweight champion only seemed to turn more volatile from there.

Since that time, Jones has stated that he has no interest in fighting any time soon — if ever again — unless the UFC is willing to pay him what he believes he’s worth.

According to White, he still hasn’t spoken to Jones since this war of words first erupted but it also seems like the UFC hasn’t really attempted to book him in a fight following his win over Dominick Reyes earlier this year.

“You know as much as I know,” White told Barstool Sports when asked about Jones’ status with the promotion. “The last time he said ‘I’m not fighting,’ he’s not fighting, so we’re feeling this thing out. When it’s time for him to fight, we’ll see.”

Ever since Jones made his declaration that he planned on sitting out for an undetermined amount of time, light heavyweight contenders like Reyes and Jan Blachowicz have spoken out in hopes that the UFC would do something to get the division moving again.
Unfortunately for them, there’s been no talk of introducing an interim title, and it appears for now, the light heavyweight championship is still secure around Jones’ waist.

“Not as of yet, no,” White responded when asked if the UFC was considering stripping Jones of his belt.

Lately, Jones has been putting more of his efforts into charity work in his adopted home state of New Mexico rather than talking about his future in fightingIt doesn’t seem like the UFC is trying to rush him back right now with White confirming in the same interview that the promotion has already plotted out events into November, but obviously Jones hasn’t factored into their plans just yet.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

dana white doesnt need to talk to jon jones. he only needs to talk to his manager so late this year jon will defend his belt and it be like nothing happened.

Jones plan:

get off USADA
Weekend of cocaine with prostitutes.
Full Roid cycle.
Pray for DC to win and come back to fight for the HW title.
Month of cocaine with prostitutes.

jon could of already fought dc as the heavyweight champ.

LOL Those contracts are one-sided and draconian, and they wouldn't stand up to actual court battle if there were a fighter who was willing to sacrifice his career to take on the UFC.

Also, Conor has forced the UFC to renegotiate after every single fight.

Not saying that Jones is going to get everything that he's asking for, but the fact that Dana is unwilling strip him means that they're going to work something out eventually.

no conor didnt he made the same 3 million the last 3 fights.

do you yell at bellator for in 2020 still paying prelims fights 2k.,

Dana is slow rolling Jon.

Gonna let Jon make the next move. Doesn't want too strip him of the title and then have Jon blame the UFC $ issue that is masking his ducking ways

Jones is ducking? Who?

If he doesn't fight by February strip him
This should be the norm for all champs
Defend in 12 months or fuck off
We should have mandatory minimums like how boxing does it. But in order to do that, fighters conditions will have to improve.

I'm for this move. I'm a big khabib fan but I wish he had mandatories too

WHO IS MORE LIKELY TO FIGHT BY THE END OF THE YEAR--?--Jon Jones Or Mcgregor,
and an even better question. Chances mcgregor actually fights at 155 because who said he even wants the khabib fight? I think we will get an iterim fight at LHW, we will see jones move up to try to win the belt there, and win or lose--he comes back to regain his LHW strap--jjst spit ballin here

if fans are back it might be conor.

I guess Dana is letting Jones see if he has as many other options as he thought. Plus Jones' last fight was only six months ago, so it's not exactly an emergency to have a title fight at 205. Valentina hasn't fought since that exact same card and has nothing scheduled either.

as in what him working at walmart of mcdonalds?

Jones lost his last fight and he thinks he's entitled to a larger paycheck ?

<Deported1>

If Jones will not fight again this year- the UFC should make an interim LHW title between Blachowicz and Reyes. Both guys wanted to fight again by June. Have them fight for the interim. If Jones does not fight the winner by February (12 months)- the interim champ should be considered the LHW Champ. I remember they did this with Barao, when Cruz had a long layoff.

Back