Dana White stands by his harsh criticism of fighters after a poor performance

I believe that the sport would be even bigger if it had a real business man in his place that also understands the sport. The sport keeps going in spite of big fat baldy.

And you base this belief on what other than pure conjecture?

Strikeforce had a "real businessman" who is "professional and respectful" at its helm. They as an organization started way before UFC did. Look at what happened to them the minute they decided to expand and compete with the UFC.

Do you understand Dana was the front line muscle for the Fertittas, and the Fertittas were the real businessmen running the show? Are you saying the Fertittas aren't real businessman?

good. they need to be told to finish a job and stop coasting for points. Most fights are stale AF now

It's their job to win fights, not please a two-bit promoter.

No, it's their job to entertain. Fighters are first and foremost, entertainers. So yes, pleasing/entertaining people is a fundamental part of their job.

Dana largely offers the same opinions as fans. If the fight sucks, he will say that it sucks. If he was a spin merchant and claimed that the card was great, people would accuse him of spouting bullshit. If he tells the truth and says that it sucks, he gets accused of burying the fighters and being a bad promoter. Dana has many flaws, but on this he is one one us. I applaud him for burying, say, Tyron Woodley when necessary, because 75% of the time his fights stink - and we all bury him too.

Ultimately, in the long run it serves the UFC and Dana better to mirror the fans.

It's more of their job to finish it , not point spar and hope 2 judges like them. Should have one of these numbers people compare the finish/decision rate of every 5 years

Dana needs to learn how to criticize a fight without shitting all over the fighter. He goes too far out.
He's always close to saying something like "This guy is the worst champion ever! He totally sucks! I don't know who the fuck pays to watch his fights..."

Dana needs to learn how to criticize a fight without shitting all over the fighter. He goes too far out.
He's always close to saying something like "This guy is the worst champion ever! He totally sucks! I don't know who the fuck pays to watch his fights..."

Completely fair & i agree

Good, no need to sugar coat shitty performances. Can't stand guys like Till, who after such a shit showing against Wonderboy, jumps on the mic and acts like he won a belt. Fuck outta here.

Nothing's better than seeing Dana's tomato about to explode when he's steaming over a fighter not performing up to his "expectations".

gAN6T_bM_400x400.jpg

I’m sure employees like being criticized by the boss that doesn’t do their job. Nothing to see here folks

Might makes right, I guess. He's MMA's version of Don King.

Well he knows fans are going to shit all over it either way...

On top of which this idiot is still rambling on and how he would have beat up Tito Ortiz in a boxing match. The clown inside truly rages on.

There's never gonna be another Dana White, even his position is gonna get "corporate-tized" after he's done just like our commentary etc. Enjoy him while he's still there. Once Rogan is done, Im done listening to boring Brian Stann commentary.

I really don’t enjoy him at all honestly. I don’t. I don’t need a clownish promoter to sell me a great fight. The great fight itself is what sells me. Him acting like a jackass, cursing people out, claiming he would actually outbox one of his former professional fighters. None of that interest me. I am not about the sideshow. I am about the sport.

He may not be in there fighting... But fuck Francis, did you sign up to fight or what?

that fat bad loser has never competed in his life, you never intentionally put on a bad performance what a clown

Dana isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but I don't understand the vitriol he's received for criticizing Ngannou's performance. The dude didn't fight! It's one thing to have a bad performance while actively trying to win the bout - did that fight look as though Ngannou ever had any intention of trying to win?! That was a Co main event fight on the biggest card this year and you literally throw 9 strikes all fight?! It's an embarrassment and Dana even trying to reason with fans about his performance would have been disingenuous.

Back