Dana White says McGregor vs Aldo will be in Las Vegas

Could be a ploy to show the Irish (politicians) this is a big opportunity for them to make revenue, and seeing if they will show interest.

aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

Where is this gif of pinkman from?

SHould be in Brazil.

They just cant do it in Ireland, its not possible. they'd either have to do the main card from 4-7am so PPV airs in primetime in US or they do it in Primetime in Ireland and that means PPV airs in US in afternoon.

Either you destroy your PPV buys which is where they are making their money or you try to sell tickets for a 5am card and they likely wouldnt be able to do it that early. Dont they have laws and stuff about noise and events that late in some places?

Just no way to do it and make it work in Ireland without either losing money or not being able to sell out.

Brazil could work cause of the time difference, they've done Brazil PPV before. Thats what they should do.

I just dont see this fight being a big ticket seller in Vegas, its only really special in Ireland or Brazil. Its not Anderson/Sonnen. Especially if they do it in May and you hve a Floyd/Manny or a Floyd/Cotto fight happening that money.

SHould be in Brazil.

They just cant do it in Ireland, its not possible. they'd either have to do the main card from 4-7am so PPV airs in primetime in US or they do it in Primetime in Ireland and that means PPV airs in US in afternoon.

Either you destroy your PPV buys which is where they are making their money or you try to sell tickets for a 5am card and they likely wouldnt be able to do it that early. Dont they have laws and stuff about noise and events that late in some places?

Just no way to do it and make it work in Ireland without either losing money or not being able to sell out.

Brazil could work cause of the time difference, they've done Brazil PPV before. Thats what they should do.

I just dont see this fight being a big ticket seller in Vegas, its only really special in Ireland or Brazil. Its not Anderson/Sonnen. Especially if they do it in May and you hve a Floyd/Manny or a Floyd/Cotto fight happening that money.

It would be a pretty big ticket seller to be honest. Lots of Brazilians would fly out, lots of Irish and Americans would be into it as well.

But WHAT THE FUCK? If ever there were a fight to do in Brazil or Ireland, THIS IS THE FUCKING ONE! They've done PPV from Ireland before, they could do it again.

This is just insane. It would enhance the viewing experience so much if it was in a stadium somewhere else. Vegas? COME ON!

What a missed opportunity to get some heads turning in Europe by having a huge stadium show. It would be huge for MMA if they had 80k stadium show. I lot of media attention, possible new fans.

They will probably get around 300k PPV buys anyway since Ireland doesn't pay for PPV.

Another fail from UFC.

Couldn't sell out the arena in Boston. Not gonna sell a stadium anywhere.

Well if McGregor wins then I guess I'm getting into Aldo/McGregor for freezies. Gotta love those Vegas connections.

It would be a pretty big ticket seller to be honest. Lots of Brazilians would fly out, lots of Irish and Americans would be into it as well.

But WHAT THE FUCK? If ever there were a fight to do in Brazil or Ireland, THIS IS THE FUCKING ONE! They've done PPV from Ireland before, they could do it again.

This is just insane. It would enhance the viewing experience so much if it was in a stadium somewhere else. Vegas? COME ON!

Wasnt UFC 93 on tape delay?

they cant do that today, also cant air the card live in afternoon and expect it to sell.

and trying to do event at 4-7am in ireland would be bad, maybe they can sell tickets but dont they have laws and stuff about stadium events and noise early in the morning?

I'm sure UFC looked at everything and figured its not doable.

But Brazil would be a better option since they do PPV from Brazil alot.

Boston isnt Ireland dude and they are just about at a sellout in Boston the same day as Pats are in AFC title game which shuts down the city.

Thats a huge deal to even sell they tickets they've sold.

I consider that a govt/politics issue.

If (by some chance) McGregor wins the belt and defends, he'll be gigantic, and maybe Ireland would be persuaded to make exceptions. Lots of ifs and maybes in there of course.

The problem is that Croke Park is 130 years old and surrounded by residential housing. Any application, by anyone, would have to go through the courts and the courts always rules in favour of the residents association.

Lets be honest, if you lived in one of the houses surrounding the stadium, would you want 90,000 drunk UFC fans screaming their heads off until 6:00 AM ?

safe_image.php

It doesnt make sense to do in Ireland. Its BS to have the champ fight there. Vegas is where the money is and all of the swinging dicks with the money damn sure arent going to fucking Ireland. Conor is the one that got this rumor started with his stadium talk. The UFC wouldn't attempt their first stadium show in Ireland anyway.

He paid siver to lose?

Again, Siver gladly gets a fat check tomorrow as he takes a dive at 2:02 left in the first. We will never see him again.

i can def see why this is in vegas,the money,i went to ufc 182 and good seats for jones vs dc i paid was 1065 after taxes

off topic but if rumors are true imagine how much tickets for manny vs pac in mgm grand will be lmao

First of all, those things have nothing to do with each other.

Second of all, there's a massive football game happening in the same town, at the same time.

Third of all, what are the attendance figures?

I figured there would be too much red tape.

Boston isnt Ireland dude and they are just about at a sellout in Boston the same day as Pats are in AFC title game which shuts down the city.

Thats a huge deal to even sell they tickets they've sold.

So this is the excuse that you guys are going to use?

Thanks for letting me know before hand.

Back