Dana White says McGregor vs Aldo will be in Las Vegas

What a missed opportunity to get some heads turning in Europe by having a huge stadium show. It would be huge for MMA if they had 80k stadium show. I love of media attention, possible new fans.

They will probably get around 300k PPV buys anyway since Ireland doesn't pay for PPV.

Another fail from UFC.

They are 5hrs ahead of EST
That means prelims would start at midnight-ish with Conor fighting at 5am
There were issues with noise regulations at that time
You REALLY don't think Zuffa wanted to make that work?

Good news

I might attend

Just imagine if they worked as hard to promote Aldo three years ago as they do McGregor now.

What a missed opportunity to get some heads turning in Europe by having a huge stadium show. It would be huge for MMA if they had 80k stadium show. I love of media attention, possible new fans.

They will probably get around 300k PPV buys anyway since Ireland doesn't pay for PPV.

Another fail from UFC.

yeah like wtf

and like, ok maybe you cant fill 80-90k but they could have tried a 30k stadium or w/e?

and vegas fans are boring as hell

i hope the irish people go there to make some noise at least

So McGregor fans why would you be upset about the fight not being in Ireland?
Don't have enough faith in your "goat"?

Because who wouldn't want to be at an event in Croke Park, with 90,000 people ?

[YT]0x5OsWCcgvE[/YT]

theres gonna be no rematch, the way he looked at the weigh ins, this isnt good

i bet hes moving up right after he gets the title

Just imagine if they worked as hard to promote Aldo three years ago as they do McGregor now.

You really posted that thinking it made sense?

They did promote Aldo. Aldo did not promote himself.

Aldo is getting that now by his recent comments & being in Boston

A fight with Conor will be by far his biggest payday

They are 5hrs ahead of EST
That means prelims would start at midnight-ish with Conor fighting at 5am
There were issues with noise regulations at that time
You REALLY don't think Zuffa wanted to make that work?

I guess there are issues about this card but probable benefits would be bigger than just instant results.

I think sacrificing one PPV to get a lot more new fans was reasonable. In Europe there is almost no MMA in sport media. Like zero. Even big fight. Never ever. Not even Spider vs Weidman 2, Jones vs DC, NEVER!

This big show would turn some heads, some people who never heard of MMA would maybe tune in. Who knows, I bet a lot of media would be interested to see what this "new" MMA thingy is. Maybe there are a lot of potential MMA fans in Europe who never had chance to see main stream media cover this sport. No matter which sport, filling stadium with 80k or 60k is a big thing outside of soccer who does that every weekend during whole year.

Missed opportunity just to get maybe 100 or 200k more buys. Short sighted by UFC.

Last edited:
tumblr_lw0recwtsA1qh59n0o1_250.gif

the "fixed" that the mod did to this post was perfect.

You don't seem to understand the only reason the UFC is running with the McGregor train now is because Conor created it. Sort of like how people buy blue chip stocks AFTER they are already huge.

Conor single handly made himself a huge star while he was still fighting on the prelims and then the UFC picked up on what he was doing and gave him more avenues to run with it.

Aldo doesn't do shit. Put a camera in his face and he stares like some autistic kid. He's boring as shit outside of the cage. (but sadly so are most fighters)

and keep in mind, it's what Conor is doing outside of the cage that is being promoted and what has made him such a huge star.

I think sacrificing one PPV to get a lot more new fans was reasonable. In Europe there is almost no MMA in sport media. Like zero. Even big fight. Never ever. Not even Spider vs Weidman 2, Jones vs DC, NEVER!

This big show would turn some heads, some people who never heard of MMA would maybe tune in. Who knows, I bet a lot of media would be interested to see what this "new" MMA thingy is. Maybe there are a lot of potential MMA fans in Europe who never had chance to see main stream media cover this sport. No matter which sport, filling stadium with 80k or 60k is a big thing outside of soccer who does that every weekend during whole year.

Missed opportunity just to get maybe 100 or 200k more buys. Short sighted by UFC.

There are a dozen threads a day that say how every decision Zuffa makes is for the lining of their pockets
I would think they looked at it from all angles
We do not know what they do regarding the logistics

I guess there are issues about this card but probable benefits would be bigger than just instant results.

It really depends on where the UFC makes the most of their money and what % they get of the gate vs what % they get of the PPV.

if they're remotely close, I think selling out a stadium might be worth giving up some ppv's..

but if they're not remotely close (which I have a feeling they're not) then it's not.

Las Vegas is the fight capitol of the world.

It really depends on where the UFC makes the most of their money and what % they get of the gate vs what % they get of the PPV.

if they're remotely close, I think selling out a stadium might be worth giving up some ppv's..

but if they're not remotely close (which I have a feeling they're not) then it's not.

I think he was saying that it would make less money for UFC now, but help in the long run
He seemed to be admitting it would make less having the event in Ireland at a normal hour

I think that they know better than we do about these things & all the variables

There are a dozen threads a day that say how every decision Zuffa makes is for the lining of their pockets
I would think they looked at it from all angles
We do not know what they do regarding the logistics

I don't know, this just doesn't seem logical to me. Trading huge media exposure in Europe for few more buys. Maybe it will be a big hustle to organize stadium and sell that many tickets but still, potential reward could be big. I think UFC can take a hit with one PPV, risk it a bit. We all know how many PPV failed last year.

Seems like a missed opportunity in my eyes. Just my two cents.

Probably, they would lose money on that event but like I said they could gain a lot more. Maybe opening new markets in Europe, attracting new fans, who like in Sweden, would be willing to pay a lot for some Fight Pass card which are much lower quality than PPV. Getting media coverage by big sports channels in Europe would certainly help. In fact UFC could've even made it free in Europe so audience can watch it for free and get even more eyes on it. Many people would watch just out of curiosity. Who knows how many would stick around. I was under the impression that was the reason why they wanted stadium show, to break big into Europe.

Seems like that would be a good strategy for their "World Fucking Domination" plan :p

Back