Dana White says Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor will be in Las Vegas [VIDEO]

No home country advantage, but stadium will be filled with Brazilians and Irish, I can imagine there will be crowd fights. Imagine if Dillashaw vs Barao 2 was on this card.

Aldo still has pull for the fight as a champion so it'll be in Vegas.

Rematch in Dublin! Clean off!

Good.....was unnecessary for Aldo to go to Ireland and fight in Conors home town.

Good.....was unnecessary for Aldo to go to Ireland and fight in Conors home town.

Why? So aldo should never have to travel because he's champ? This is the guy who moans he doesn't get paid enough. I'm sure he would love a cut of a stadium show In Ireland

The GOAT already bypassed Dana. He does business directly with Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta. Dana's just trying to look relevant. Means nothing.

the idea of planning an outdoor stadium fight in a cold, wet and windy country like ireland had disaster written all over it anyway

Are there no large indoor stadiums in Dublin?

I agree with those who say the UFC botched an opportunity to TRULY globally expand. Fight Pass shows with lackluster cards go through the motions but dont give the global audience the real deal. McGregor vs Aldo was the perfect storm.

A slap in the face to the Irish fans who have lit up McGregors last two events by travelling to America. They will have spent thousands on those trips and now the UFC wants them to do it for the third time in a year?

What is the point of this global expansion thing if you find a place that has a huge desire for MMA and then refuse to give them the big fights? I understand Vegas is the fight capital of the world but this a huge opportunity for the UFC to smash their attendance and gate receipt records. They have bottled it.

I'm sure they would have love to have this fight in Dublin and open up a new market but the arena's management is probably trying to make their year off that one night.

Aldo should make a two minute prediction against Conor mcgregoat

One finish by aldo that wasn't by random shoulder dislocation in the last 3 years or more and hes going to finish Conor in under two mins? :icon_lol:

angry-panda-1-o.gif

The reporter asked if the title fight was going to be in Boston and he chuckled and said "No, that'll be in Vegas".

I wouldn't put too much into what he said in this interview. Odds are it's in Vegas, but it didn't come across as official or anything. It was just a quick response to a dumb question by a reporter who knows nothing about MMA.

I'm sure they're still exploring the Irish soccer stadium idea.

Im with this, think it was just a throwaway comment by dana to placate the interviewer

lol at the nba players wouldnt make it in the UFC but CM Punk can...

Better for McGregoat.

PPV in Ireland wouldn't sell shit due to the time zone. Conor will make a ton of money on points fighting for a belt on a Vegas PPV.

All the Irish whining about the UFC blowing their chance for global expansion: bullshit. He's already the most famous man in the country. Ireland literally shuts down when he fights. And this will continue to happen whether he fights in Dublin, Vegas, or Kathmandu. Expansion is going just fine.

I will laugh like hell if Siver finds a way to win tonight, not because I dislike McGregor, but just fuck Dana.

Back