Dana White saying the image of the sport isn't our top

Of all the things to complain about DFW, this has to be the lamest I've ever seen on here.

Sure it is. Why punish cocaine use anyway? It does not decrease the amount of usage.

It is going to decrease the amount of cocaine use in the UFC. Guaranteed if the UFC started firing anybody caught using there will be less cokeheads on the roster.

Second, the reason you fire jon jones is not to punish. It is to keep integrity of the biggest mma league in the world. You dont let a junkie fight on the biggest stage in the sport and call him a champion. You just dont.

It is going to decrease the amount of cocaine use in the UFC. Guaranteed if the UFC started firing anybody caught using there will be less cokeheads on the roster.

Second, the reason you fire jon jones is not to punish. It is to keep integrity of the biggest mma league in the world. You dont let a junkie fight on the biggest stage in the sport and call him a champion. You just dont.

You call the champion the champion.

You are being absurd. Suppose jones voluntarily checked himself in without any test results. You'd fire him?

Is this thread ass backwards or what? You are saying a guy saying screw business/image, we care about getting Jon healthy and ok is unprofessional?

So he should have said fuck Jon and his health, we care about the UFC only, he could die for all I care as long as he doesnt take down the UFC with him.

Then I'm sure your thread would be Dana is a piece of trash and doesnt care about his athletes.

SMH at this retarded thread.

You call the champion the champion.

You are being absurd. Suppose jones voluntarily checked himself in without any test results. You'd fire him?

Maybe not fire him, but he has to take a real leave of absence. He can't do rehab in between fights. That is my entire problem.
It makes a joke out of the issue, a joke out of the sport & fans.

Dana saying in the FS1 interview the image of the sport isn't our top priority right now Jon Jones as a person is.....Is the the most unprofessional response any President/Commissioner has ever issued after one of their athletes has tested positive or been accused of something? Just a mind boggling response we get it Dana you care for Jon but that's not your JOB!!!!

What's with the crocodile tears? My top priority isn't the image of the sport, it's watching good fights. It should be theirs too.

Maybe not fire him, but he has to take a real leave of absence. He can't do rehab in between fights. That is my entire problem.

Rehab for 2-3 months, then NA meetings for the rest of his life. What's the problem?

Is this thread ass backwards or what? You are saying a guy saying screw business/image, we care about getting Jon healthy and ok is unprofessional?

So he should have said fuck Jon and his health, we care about the UFC only, he could die for all I care as long as he doesnt take down the UFC with him.

The UFC isnt doing anything to get jon healthy. They are looking the other way because he makes them money. If they actually cared about him they would have suspended him when they found out he was on drugs in early December, and not let him compete without getting clean

Again, Dustin Johnson got 6 months from PGA after his 3rd violation. MLB has 15 game suspension. Jones has months between fights. He GETS a leave of absence.

The UFC isnt doing anything to get jon healthy. They are looking the other way because he makes them money. If they actually cared about him they would have suspended him when they found out he was on drugs in early December, and not let him compete without getting clean

NSAC tells zuffa jones fails for coke, everything else was ok, BUT they also tell zuffa that they fucked up and jones shouldn't have been tested

Zuffa is probably concerned, it's a red flag, but it by no means equates to jones being a junkie or in danger. So they decide they will withhold the info from jones for a week. At this point, yes, they are probably thinking he partied, but it isn't means to cancel the fight. Hell, Dana and company have probably done coke so they probably sympathize.

Fight goes on

They reveal results to jones after the fight, jones either realizes he has a problem or realizes this can be a problem if he doesn't do anything and decided to go to rehab.
Now with jones actually going forward with rehab they realize this might be a bigger problem than they realized, so they hope jones gets well and recovers

That to me seems like the most obvious , and probably the most likely turn of events.

wow hard to believe the responses in this thread.

anyone who thinks Image is more important then a persons well being is just a self serving idiots.

have any of you heard of compassion? or not kicking a guy when he is down?

it was an out of competition test, thats all. and not for a PeD.

i hope none of you have to deal with a family member or friend who is dealing with adversity in there life.

they sure wont get any help from you guys.

It is going to decrease the amount of cocaine use in the UFC.

And you base this claim on what exactly? Has the number of people doing illicit drugs dwindled as a result of drug prohibition?

Guaranteed if the UFC started firing anybody caught using there will be less cokeheads on the roster.

Again, what is your guarantee based on? The US has had two major experiments with prohibition and both have been failures with results far worse than the problems they were intended to solve.

I am not pro cocaine usage by any means. I do not want my children to use cocaine or hang around those who do. But I am relatively comfortable watching a movie knowing the star is known for heavy cocaine use or with watching an NFL game knowing some of their best players were renowned for heavy cocaine use.

It does not affect their relationship with me, because as a fan my relationship with an athlete is not based on trust. If my lawyer or financial advisor was using cocaine, I would replace them as quickly as possible.

^not to mention popping for cocaine is a fluke. They don't test out of competition. All you have to do is not use it for several days prior to the fight.
The only people caught this way are hardcore addicts, not the huge amount of responsible recreational users.

I don't really care what image it presents. At the end of the day, it's a sport where two dudes go in and bang each other, awesome.

it's not unusual for a president to say "we're more concerned about the person than the sport"

nascar did the same thing when that guy killed that kid in that other type of racing (lol i don't know the names at all, so that sentence is vague as fuck)

it's happened in a few other instances in sports too when serious personal stuff was happening.

it's not unusual for a president to say "we're more concerned about the person than the sport"

nascar did the same thing when that guy killed that kid in that other type of racing (lol i don't know the names at all, so that sentence is vague as fuck)

it's happened in a few other instances in sports too when serious personal stuff was happening.

No it's not unusual, but this is DFW we're talking about.

Back