1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Dana White saying the image of the sport isn't our top

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by gspfedkobe24, Jan 9, 2015.

1. straight6 Black Belt

For one (which is the debate of this thead and people are calling him out on) I wouldn't go on and say the image of the sport isn't our top priority but JJ as a person is??! When he says something like that, not only most people don't believe him (with all the things he said and done publicly which people can access easily), more importantly, he affects all the participants of the sport. Its also unfair to other fighters esp the clean ones.

As if the image of the sport is not that important..wtf it says about the sports participants (fighters, trainers, gyms, sponsors, consumers etc). Its just another stupid sh*t he spew out!

2. manwich Green Belt

I don't think Dana cares about Jon or the image of the "sport". I think he cares about the image of the UFC, and of course money.

3. born2killl Brown Belt

No i want the UFC to enforce its own standards of conduct. Is that alot to ask?

4. VAfan Gold Belt

dana is a clown, he's an embarrassment at this point. the power and money and success have clearly gone to his head, he thinks he can say anything he wants now.

I'm in the camp that thinks that the ufc would be better served with a more professional leader. there's an element of instability to dana and that is the last thing you need with someone who is responsible for the welfare of a lot of people under him.

5. dickcheney Gold Belt

Certain fighters fall out of favor of Dana for sure, but jones isn't really one yet. Jones popped for coke, doesn't mean he has a coke problem as far as Dana knows. Jones wasn't even supposed to be tested for it. Then jones checks in rehab, now it's a problem and now Dana is concerned that one of his best guys might be bottoming out of the UFC. Dana is now concerned that jones needs to get better in order to fight for the UFC. Dana is probably also thinking it's pretty tragic if this young guy who is already GOAT fucks the rest of his life for coke. Dana has stood by leben, chuck, guillard even got multiple chances all after drugs of abuse. The guys who didn't were guys like diaz, riddle etc who had tons of other problems and personality issues. Hell even with all that, Dana has ultimately stood behind the diazs....

What makes you think jones is in the group of the riddles as far as Dana is concerned and not in the group of chucks

6. SnowBlynd Red Belt

Right niw the image of the ufc is that they are an organization that will go to any length to protect their interests. Honest, dishonest...makes no difference to then.

7. RepairManManMan Banned Banned

the truth

8. born2killl Brown Belt

1. Mocking him is not an adequate punishment.

2. It is not authoritarian. He can do as many drugs as he wants. He just can't do so while being champion of the LHW division.

9. RepairManManMan Banned Banned

this isn't a videogame. business is brutal.
    Play fair to the ruiles and go down with them.

be safe not sorry.

10. straight6 Black Belt

You gotta be kidding me. Chuck and DW went way back and DW was his manager. They traveled and worked together as a team with same interest when DW was small time. Please tell me what in the world makes you think (with all the threads and sources regarding JJ and DW/ufc) that you can compare JJ to Chuck in terms of actual relationship with DW.

11. dickcheney Gold Belt

You ignored everything else, good job.

What I meant was, jones has not completely fallen out of favor of the UFC and Dana. He is not someone Dana argues with all of the time. He is a company man. Dana clearly cares for a lot of these athletes, there is no reason to think Dana doesn't care for his well being.

12. straight6 Black Belt

Good job with that chuck and JJ comparison in terms of relationship to Dana. ROFL>

13. dickcheney Gold Belt

Ok, so clearly i shut you down. I never said jones and Dana were best friends, I said jones is still in the group of guys in the good graces of Dana. If anything Dana shit talks Greg Jacksons influence, not jones. You can't deny that Dana has guys he cares for and guys he gives multiple chances too (even the diazs) and there is no reason to think jones is not one of them.

Add to that, that jones is already the GOAT at this age, and is clearly going through some troubles, I think it's more realistic that Dana cares for Jon in their real life relationship than not

And you clearly can't argue against that point

14. IngaVovchanchyn Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Sure it is. Why punish cocaine use anyway? It does not decrease the amount of usage.

Says who? If his employers have no problem with it, then why should I? Of course, his employers do somewhat have a problem with it, which is why they shuffled him off to rehab.

Do not get me wrong. I have no desire to see his life fall apart due to drug addiction, but a) harsh rules and laws seem pretty futile against addiction, and b) he may not be an addict.

15. Killswitch91 Brown Belt

People actually think their bosses care about them?

If you die tomorrow, your boss will have you replaced in an hour.

16. dickcheney Gold Belt

and how is that evidence that they don't care about you? Should work stop? Should they say, "sorry customers, kill switch died, so we aren't going to get any work done for the rest of the year. Please still pay us though for what we aren't delivering"

17. Pr0digy I Feed Keys to Retards (⌐■_■)

I agree, its actually quite professional of them to take care of Jones in his time of need. :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  18. Kote Gaeshi Green Belt

he is saying a lot of things

19. sprucelees Silver Belt

he needs to be the next Brock/GSP

20. kflo Titanium Belt

Someday, maybe you will be a boss. What will you do?