Dana White saying the image of the sport isn't our top

Except the issue is that Dana is trying to sound altruistic and caring when the only reason he really gives a flying fuck is probably his pocketbook.

Why does the benefit to Danas pocketbook mean that the sentiment is bullshit? Just because it benefits Dana to show concern, why does that mean he doesn't have concern?

Lol, wrong. Dana got it right, and was not unprofessional. He didn't say image wasn't a priority. He said it wasn't top priority but rather jones well being, who is professionally employed by zuffa , is top priority. Please explain in more detail how a company concerned with the well being of their employees is unprofessional in this day and age

TS is probably unemployed. Likely never had a job. Probably lives with his parents. So this is something that I would not expect him to understand.

Why does the benefit to Danas pocketbook mean that the sentiment is bullshit? Just because it benefits Dana to show concern, why does that mean he doesn't have concern?

Because he's trying to act like Jones' wellbeing is top priority, not the fact that without Jones the UFC has a bit of a star power vacuum right now.

Every sport as to deal with image problems at some point, all a professional sports org can do is to put rules & regulations in place and cross their fingers at least 75% of their sporting professionals will follow.

Fans & the general public are savvy enough to know the org is not to blame in most cases of individual misconduct, but the individual who chose to do the wrong thing and got caught.

Because he's trying to act like Jones' wellbeing is top priority, not the fact that without Jones the UFC has a bit of a star power vacuum right now.

So you confirm, they need Jon well in order to continue to be a star... And if jones spirals out of control and is unable to be well enough to stay employed, then it is a black mark on the ufc... So right now, jones being well is top priority because it directly benefits the ufc

I agree with Dana... the sports image isn't that important. Mainstream acceptance has peaked, and further whitewashing will ruin the sport further.

Image means so much to some of you...probably because so much of modern society has replaced substance with image, and that's all you know - a thin rice paper society based on the ideas of ideas, mostly bad ones.

I'm not comparing the crime. I'm comparing the excuse from the league that treats grown men like babies who didnt know what they were doing...we know thats BS and in reality theyre protected because of money.

1. Jones broke no NSAC rules. The UFC could probably fine him or suspend him based on their code of conduct, but I could care less at this point. Fans who do not like Jones' activities should mock him for them incessantly, which I think is fair play.

2. Punishing people for bad behavior vis a vis recreational drugs does not work, and it never has. And as a crucial point, it is the authoritarian position of always telling people what to do and how to live their lives that seems most like treating people like babies.

Don't seem that long ago when Dana was proclaiming Ronda Rousey the biggest mma star there is, as this changed?

if the ufc doesn't protect jones they literally have 0 star power besides maybe those that like ronda

So you confirm, they need Jon well in order to continue to be a star... And if jones spirals out of control and is unable to be well enough to stay employed, then it is a black mark on the ufc... So right now, jones being well is top priority because it directly benefits the ufc

I don't think you understand the argument I am making.

People are acting like "oh, Dana actually cares about his wellbeing". No, he doesn't. He couldn't give TWO SHITS if a fighter has a drug problem, he just wants to make sure they show up to fight and he makes money.

Look at Leben. Jones could be out getting DUIs and snorting blow off a tranny hookers ass for all Dana cares as long as the mainstream public doesn't get wind he won't give a fuck.

Don't seem that long ago when Dana was proclaiming Ronda Rousey the biggest mma star there is, as this changed?

I don't believe she is, which is why I said that. Has Rousey ever been the ONLY title fight on the card? I can't remember if she has but I feel like she is always on the card with another title fight after hers.

That is incredibly stupid. Its like if Ray Rice KO'd his wife and instead of punishing him, the league sent him to wifebeater rehab and said theyre only concerned about his well being & he'll come back stronger.... Jon Jones is a grown man who made grown man choices. Hes not a 4 year old that didnt know any better.

Cut the bullshit, and cut jon jones already. Its going to happen so why are we wasting time

So you want UFC to make decisions based your your personal sense of control-based morality. Really the stupidest idea one could have.

Exactly, he cares about JJ BECAUSE of ppvs and ticket sales. UFC without gsp, brock, and with silva at the very end of career they desperately need to hang on to JJ. But don't make it sound like he cares about Jon's well being first and foremost as it just make him sound silly.

Dana saying in the FS1 interview the image of the sport isn't our top priority right now Jon Jones as a person is.....Is the the most unprofessional response any President/Commissioner has ever issued after one of their athletes has tested positive or been accused of something? Just a mind boggling response we get it Dana you care for Jon but that's not your JOB!!!!

Your response is the most exaggerated response someone on Sherdog can have.

Exactly, he cares about JJ BECAUSE of ppvs and ticket sales. UFC without gsp, brock, and with silva at the very end of career they desperately need to hang on to JJ. But don't make it sound like he cares about Jon's well being first and foremost as it just make him sound silly.

What in danas past makes you think he doesn't genuinely care about some of the fighters? Why do you think jones can't be one of them? Why does it devalue danas concern just because it benefits the UFC?

Sherbro listen to they way u talk it's not like ur an idiot. If I can do it anyone can take a chance get away from the big business start something on the side and in a few weeks years u never know. Just don't spew your pathetic corporate knowledge on these boards

Sorry but the way you talk... alright let's keep it civil. What did I say about corporate life is pathetic or in any way makes you think I like it or agree with it? I think it's complete bullsh*t but it's the reality. I don't mind it because it hasn't personally affected me too much. Owning your own company or working for yourself is a lot more work and you have to love what you do, and even then the grind would make you love that work that much less. I like to separate work from pleasure for the most part so owning a business where your work life is based on your personal interests isn't for everyone. I go to work to make money to support my personal interests, not to work because I love the work. I don't mind the corporate work environment I just see it for what it is and have no delusions that the higher ups care about me or my problems.

I don't think you understand the argument I am making.

People are acting like "oh, Dana actually cares about his wellbeing". No, he doesn't. He couldn't give TWO SHITS if a fighter has a drug problem, he just wants to make sure they show up to fight and he makes money.

Look at Leben. Jones could be out getting DUIs and snorting blow off a tranny hookers ass for all Dana cares as long as the mainstream public doesn't get wind he won't give a fuck

I don't know the current status of leben or anything, but I do know the UFC stood by him for years during various types of drug tests and being on the wrong side of the law for years... So expressing concern for jones seems in line with what they've done in the past for various fighters. It doesn't really help your case

Sorry but the way you talk... alright let's keep it civil. What did I say about corporate life is pathetic or in any way makes you think I like it or agree with it? I think it's complete bullsh*t but it's the reality. I don't mind it because it hasn't personally affected me too much. Owning your own company or working for yourself is a lot more work and you have to love what you do, and even then the grind would make you love that work that much less. I like to separate work from pleasure for the most part so owning a business where your work life is based on your personal interests isn't for everyone. I go to work to make money to support my personal interests, not to work because I love the work. I don't mind the corporate work environment I just see it for what it is and have no delusions that the higher ups care about me or my problems.

It sounds like you are projecting some of your dissatisfaction in your work to your management, whereas if you had a job that you were truelly invested in and cared about the work you did, you might find you have different experiences.... At least that's the sense your putting off in your posts

so popping coke is ok now for ufc champ during training camp? Im not saying coke should be tested or not, but now that is discovered and known to the public. Ufc should of at least pretend to stand up and state this is unacceptable and address this issue. It DOESNT conflict with their support of Jones to rehab and recover.

whats with the double yellow??

Didn't even realize. Made a mock hot mic thread that apparently contained inappropriate sexual references!

What in danas past makes you think he doesn't genuinely care about some of the fighters? Why do you think jones can't be one of them? Why does it devalue danas concern just because it benefits the UFC?

Im not saying you are, but if ur a zuffa shill..no point to continue.

Dana said the UFC knew about Jones' test results around Dec. 4th/test result for cocaine way B4 the fight. But when test results hit the media AFTER the fight, Dana's starts to act like he only cares about Jones getting help in his personal life and proud of him for checking into rehab LOL

How convenient DW only cared about JJ and his major personal problem after the fight. Sure, after JJ make them some more money from ufc 182, lets be proud and supportive that he checks in rehab. And now that JJ's issue is TOP priority, AHEAD of UFC's image ... ROFL. Gotta love Dana White.

DW only cares about money. He could care less about JJ, GSP, Silva, etc.

when a fighter no longer obeys and bows down to his every command or brings him $$, then its throw under the bus time. See how he treated GSP after he announced to take leave from the sport. Wake up, DW doesn't care about fighters.

Im not saying you are, but if ur a zuffa shill..no point to continue.

Dana said the UFC knew about Jones' test results around Dec. 4th/test result for cocaine way B4 the fight. But when test results hit the media AFTER the fight, Dana's starts to act like he only cares about Jones getting help in his personal life and proud of him for checking into rehab LOL

How convenient DW only cared about JJ and his major personal problem after the fight. Sure, after JJ make them some more money from ufc 182, lets be proud and supportive that he checks in rehab. And now that JJ's issue is TOP priority, AHEAD of UFC's image ... ROFL. Gotta love Dana White.

DW only cares about money. He could care less about JJ, GSP, Silva, etc.

when a fighter no longer follows his every command or brings him $$, then its throw under the bus time. See how he treated GSP after he announced to take leave from the sport. Wake up, DW doesn't care about fighters.

How would you have handled it? Serious.

Back