1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Dana White saying the image of the sport isn't our top

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by gspfedkobe24, Jan 9, 2015.

1. RockUmSockUm Black Belt

Selling 182 by showing the ESPN footage didn't help Jones' image or mental wellness (might have led to drug dependency). Instead of selling it as a fight between two of the best in the sport, they showed how ugly and petty grown men can be.

Not sure why my job experience "doesn't ring true". I've worked in corporate America and the educational institutions for almost 20 years and I've seen all kinds. What I know is that the higher ups do not care about the underlings as much as you seem to think. Why do you think worker satisfaction is at an all time low?

Yes I have led projects and am currently a supervisor (of sorts). And while I try to be fair and accommodating, at the end of the day if someone messes up and causes problems for me or the team, they are expendable. Ain't nobody got time for dat kind of nonsense.

2. MusterX Titanium Belt

Weidman is alot like Cain, awesome fighter, not very many fights. Weidman is 12-0, he would have to fight 10 more times and win them all just to get to where Bones is right now so they probably don't want to see Bones get suspended.

3. kflo Titanium Belt

The problem is when others get judged as if you would be different. If you think everyone is like this, you are acknowledging you would be too. And if so, what is the issue?

Not sure what people are suggesting he should have done differently. An honest assessment.

4. MIKE BOWLING Purple Belt

Your a muppet for going to work everyday working 9-5. Has nothing to do with dw.

5. Thai Otoshi Gold Belt

Yeah, no shit. No one is arguing against that.

But if an employee is performing in every major aspect of their job; which in Jones' case is helping to promote his fights, making weight, and actually fighting. Drug issues, even where I work, are looked at as workable flaws in employees that can be fixed with rehab and other avenues.

6. RockUmSockUm Black Belt

No, my personal experiences aside, this is how corporate America is run. I tend to get along with upper management but I've seen how they operate. I worked for a company that regularly bought out smaller companies, absorbed key personnel and patents, and canned the rest. That never affected me until they talked of selling my division for about 2 years. Then I worked for another company that downsized and streamlined and cut jobs. It's all bottom dollar stuff. I don't take it personally, any more than I take it personally in a positive way when a bigwig says "hi" to me in the hallway.

7. RockUmSockUm Black Belt

Well that's 99% of the population so congrats on being special. But owning your own company is even harder work, and free-lancing has no stability and a lot of pitfalls.

8. MaTaLa #ConorFold Banned

Deserves Got Nothing To Do With It, Unfortunately
    So you're saying there's a chance Dana may be lying.

[​IMG]

9. RockUmSockUm Black Belt

Yet most companies have zero tolerance policies on drug use, and won't even hire you if you can't pass a drug test. What you are saying is that as long as you perform, they will take care of you, and as soon as you don't, you're shown the door. How is the company taking care of you then? That's the definition of the company looking out for it's own interests. Drug issues in a sport that tests fighters for drug use is a lot different from drug issues in other professions.

10. MIKE BOWLING Purple Belt

Sherbro listen to they way u talk it's not like ur an idiot. If I can do it anyone can take a chance get away from the big business start something on the side and in a few weeks years u never know. Just don't spew your pathetic corporate knowledge on these boards

11. born2killl Brown Belt

That is incredibly stupid. Its like if Ray Rice KO'd his wife and instead of punishing him, the league sent him to wifebeater rehab and said theyre only concerned about his well being & he'll come back stronger.... Jon Jones is a grown man who made grown man choices. Hes not a 4 year old that didnt know any better.

Cut the bullshit, and cut jon jones already. Its going to happen so why are we wasting time

12. kflo Titanium Belt

He popped for coke which wasn't supposed to be tested. It didn't violate ac rules. It's an absurd position. You would not do it if you were in their position. Why take a fake stand?

13. straight6 Black Belt

so popping coke is ok now for ufc champ during training camp? Im not saying coke should be tested or not, but now that is discovered and known to the public. Ufc should of at least pretend to stand up and state this is unacceptable and address this issue. It DOESNT conflict with their support of Jones to rehab and recover.

whats with the double yellow??

14. Gonzaginator Brown Belt

It's hilarious that Dana would say the only thing that matters is Jon Jones. The sport doesn't matter, the business doesn't matter, belt doesn't matter...then how come Dana knew about the fact that Jon Jones is a cokehead and yet didn't say a word? You know the guy is a coke addict, that he needs help, and yet you don't say a word? So how can you say Jon Jones is important when you decided to keep your mouth shut to make sure your precious UFC event doesn't get cancelled? Typical hypocrite Dana White once again. What a clown.

15. Oeshon Steel Belt

complete nonsense considering he knew he tested positive before the fight and let it still go ahead AND withheld this information until after the fight from jones.

if jones' well being was the top priority, Dana and the UFC would have put him in rehab after the positive test and cancelled the fight.

the real top priority = making money

16. IngaVovchanchyn Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

There is a big difference between what Ray Rice did and what Jon Jones did. The comparison is not apt at all.

17. born2killl Brown Belt

Its not about AC rules. The UFC like every league has a tight code of conduct; if you say something racist, if you have domestic violence case, if you snort fucking cocaine, youre suppose to be suspended if not cut. You can't have the champion be a crackhead going to rehab inbetween title defenses. THATS absurd and beyond embarrassing for the whole sport until its corrected.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  18. straight6 Black Belt

this.

19. Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Except the issue is that Dana is trying to sound altruistic and caring when the only reason he really gives a flying fuck is probably his pocketbook.

20. born2killl Brown Belt

I'm not comparing the crime. I'm comparing the excuse from the league that treats grown men like babies who didnt know what they were doing...we know thats BS and in reality theyre protected because of money.