Dana White saying the image of the sport isn't our top

You know if Jones really didn't do any PEDs and didn't do cocaine from 48 hours prior up until the fight then I don't have any problem with them keeping him and letting him get treatment. I think that is cool.

The problem is though it's kind of hypocritical given what they did to fighters who tested positive for marijuana. Cocaine is much worse than marijuana. The difference is coincidentally cocaine doesn't show up on drug tests past three days while pot usually shows up 30 days later and can inf act show up 90 days later in rare circumstances.

Im guessing you either don't have a job, or you work some shit job like fast food, which really isn't in a professional setting

I'm guessing you've never talked to the higher ups in your company, you work for a small company, or you're just delusional about the American workplace. I've worked for large corporations pretty much all my adult life and beyond my supervisor or manager the higher ups don't give a damn about you or your problems. Even to your supervisor or manager who you hang out with at the Christmas party will throw you under the bus to save their skin.

Good bosses do care, by being concerned for employees, they actually are helping their companies image. They want people to want to work for them. They want top performers at other companies to view their workplace as a good place to work. It benefits a company to make sure the employees well being is protected.

You clearly don't understand this

NnxAYsm_zpsrgybcciw.gif

This guy still gets it.

You know if Jones really didn't do any PEDs and didn't do cocaine from 48 hours prior up until the fight then I don't have any problem with them keeping him and letting him get treatment. I think that is cool.

The problem is though it's kind of hypocritical given what they did to fighters who tested positive for marijuana. Cocaine is much worse than marijuana. The difference is coincidentally cocaine doesn't show up on drug tests past three days while pot usually shows up 30 days later and can inf act show up 90 days later in rare circumstances.

But that's the AC. It's not hypocritical. It's simply their testing.

Lol, wrong. Dana got it right, and was not unprofessional. He didn't say image wasn't a priority. He said it wasn't top priority but rather jones well being, who is professionally employed by zuffa , is top priority. Please explain in more detail how a company concerned with the well being of their employees is unprofessional in this day and age

I unfortunately have never had the pleasure of dealing with a "professional" employer if that be the case.

DWhite did right.:p

ok....no similarities there I guess.

What you are saying is that Dana is a liar. I'm not saying he isn't but can you give me some examples? Based on how he treated his friend Chuck I'm guessing that he probably does care what happens to Bones but you could be right.

Who the fck said the image of the sport is top.priority to begin with? Is it some divine rule to uphold the image of two guys beating the living crap out of each other under the structure of rules and regulations?

Dana can do whatever the F he wants. He picked the COMPANY up from the ground. JJ is his employee.

You Dont like it....go watch something else. Now personally I agree that Dana is being strangely calm about this. Maybe he has alternate interests. Maybe not. Either way he is not held under any type of law to uphold any image of anything and no that is not his JOB.

Dana cant do whatever the F he wants, he is Lorenzo's lieutenant. Lorenzo is the man. If u want to worship anyone in the organization, its Lorenzo. DW + UFC be nothing without Lorenzo pouring in millions to revive the brand.

Some even argue in the past yr DW has possibly done more damage than good for the sport and the promotion. One thing is for sure, as long as zuffa/ufc is around, Lorenzo will be. Same cant be said about DW (yes I know he owns 9%, but he can always be "asked" to be a silent minority shareholder).

Since when did Dana start preaching humanity?
Ruthless Dana was at least honest. This fake I care for u BS is pure trash.

Everyone already know ufc has no integrity. Any other sport this would be immediate fine and/or suspension. Can you imagine any major sports league president telling a coked out player the shit Dana said?

What you are saying is that Dana is a liar. I'm not saying he isn't but can you give me some examples? Based on how he treated his friend Chuck I'm guessing that he probably does care what happens to Bones but you could be right.

in terms of examples, this is sherdog, brah. just search urself you see dozens of threads/posts on that with different links/video/sources.

Chuck is chuck. they have a special relationship. DW was his manager during chuck's early career. back when DW was still small time. I do believe those 2 had a bond and friendship that goes WAY back. JJ and DW not even close to what DW and chuck had from the early days. DW viciously threw JJ under the bus and JJ even said himself from the ufc 182 pre fight videos... the relationships has changed as he realized what ufc is really like. And that JJ has to lookout for himself as the UFC wont.

Actually I hate politicians because they are liars. I'm giving Dana the benefit of the doubt because of his past behavior. What did he tell his friend Chuck when he got his 6th KO loss? He said man you are going to get hurt, you have to stop fighting, immediately. He didn't try to cash in on Chuck after that, he said its over.

He could be lying about caring about Bones but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
You have to know there's a difference between Dana/Chuck and Dana/anyone else. Dana and Chuck go way back. Dana threw Jones under the bus not long ago for UFC 151, then used his worst moments outside the cage to sell UFC 182.

I'm guessing you've never talked to the higher ups in your company, you work for a small company, or you're just delusional about the American workplace. I've worked for large corporations pretty much all my adult life and beyond my supervisor or manager the higher ups don't give a damn about you or your problems. Even to your supervisor or manager who you hang out with at the Christmas party will throw you under the bus to save their skin.

You should start your own business. How can u be such a muppet

Well you work for a shit company. I work for a very large engineering firm and some of my projects have visibility up to the VP level (I'm not trying to say I am super high up, but my work has led to interactions up to VPs) . They care that the work is good because it equals money for the company and that equals bigger bonuses for them. In order to get good work, they need good people. To get and keep good people , they need to consider the employees well being which includes benefits. It is in the higher ups well being to care about the employees well being. Just because the higher ups have an incentive to care , doesn't mean their cares are bullshit.

In regards to Dana white he clearly has certain guys he super cares about from chuck to Franklin to GSP, etc. why don't you think jones can be someone he cares about? Just because you don't like jones on the Internet doesn't mean people in jones real life don't care for him.

And you ask if I talk to "higher ups" implying that you have talked to them at your company, and what? Did they tell you that they don't cate about you? That's what your implying and I highly doubt it. It sounds like all you know about the corporate world is from sitcoms

As a Champion, there is no one greater in fame than Jones. But the UFC still has Ronda and Weidmen who are pretty big, in comparison to the other fighters.

Even though Anderson is not a champ no more, he still is the biggest PPV draw the UFC has of now.

in his last 6 headliners, he sold above 700,000 in 3 events. Two of which were above 1 million.

People care about seeing Andy win or lose, more so than Jones or Ronda.

No, you're wrong, Dana absolutely said the right thing here. Even if it's 100% true you don't publicly state that your companies brand is more important than the well-being of the people you employ. That would be idiotic and horrible PR.

Well you work for a shit company. I work for a very large engineering firm and some of my projects have visibility up to the VP level (I'm not trying to say I am super high up, but my work has led to interactions up to VPs) . They care that the work is good because it equals money for the company and that equals bigger bonuses for them. In order to get good work, they need good people. To get and keep good people , they need to consider the employees well being which includes benefits. It is in the higher ups well being to care about the employees well being. Just because the higher ups have an incentive to care , doesn't mean their cares are bullshit.

In regards to Dana white he clearly has certain guys he super cares about from chuck to Franklin to GSP, etc. why don't you think jones can be someone he cares about? Just because you don't like jones on the Internet doesn't mean people in jones real life don't care for him.

And you ask if I talk to "higher ups" implying that you have talked to them at your company, and what? Did they tell you that they don't cate about you? That's what your implying and I highly doubt it. It sounds like all you know about the corporate world is from sitcoms

You act like the higher ups care about you as a person. No, they care about the company and their bottom line. Of course they want successful projects and good teams of employees to achieve that but you as an individual are not essential to that. You are plug and play, another line item on the budget, easily replaceable. I've worked for good and bad companies and it doesn't change that any business decision that means money or savings for the company means the little guy is expendable. I've had CFOs and directors smile and be pleasant in direct conversation, then go on to make policies that are clearly not in the interest of the employees outside upper management.

I think it's amazing that you guys think Dana cares about Jon Jones. In his history he's only shown this special bond with Chuck, but somehow you are extrapolating that to guys like Franklin and even Jones. They showed the ESPN footage that put Jones in the worst possible light to help sell 182. They blame him for the first cancelled event in UFC history because he refused to fight Sonnen. But now they care about him and his drug problem? You folks sound incredibly naive considering Dana's past treatment of fighters.

You should start your own business. How can u be such a muppet

How am I a muppet for knowing DFW is a hypocrite and liar and that most bosses don't care about their employees? You're the muppet for thinking they do.

it is well documented that white tends to be a hypocrite and tends to often contradict himself.

You act like the higher ups care about you as a person. No, they care about the company and their bottom line. Of course they want successful projects and good teams of employees to achieve that but you as an individual are not essential to that. You are plug and play, another line item on the budget, easily replaceable. I've worked for good and bad companies and it doesn't change that any business decision that means money or savings for the company means the little guy is expendable. I've had CFOs and directors smile and be pleasant in direct conversation, then go on to make policies that are clearly not in the interest of the employees outside upper management.

I think it's amazing that you guys think Dana cares about Jon Jones. In his history he's only shown this special bond with Chuck, but somehow you are extrapolating that to guys like Franklin and even Jones. They showed the ESPN footage that put Jones in the worst possible light to help sell 182. They blame him for the first cancelled event in UFC history because he refused to fight Sonnen. But now they care about him and his drug problem? You folks sound incredibly naive considering Dana's past treatment of fighters.

Showing that footage and selling 182 was in jones benefit. Think about it. More than ever , people have become fans of jones because it lifted his mask a little, plus PPV points.
Again, you job experience just doesn't ring true. Have you ever managed a team at your work? Or led a project? Did you feel they were just faceless plugs?

Again, your experiences sound like something you saw on Ground Floor or whatever that tbs sitcom is

See, here's the thing, you are basing your arguments around YOUR personal experiences.

I don't have as much reason to be cynical about upper management, as all of my experiences with upper management have generally been positive.

btw, I replied to you in that other thread.

Back