Dana White saying the image of the sport isn't our top

Has nothing to do with this thread. It doesn't matter if Dana believes it or not, this thread was about whether a statement by a company head was professional or not.

Such apologist nonsense. Keep dithering.

Because it's pure bs. Where was this concern when Dana was throwing Jones under the bus for UFC 151? Dana treats his fighters like sh*t but now he's concerned for one fighter's well-being? If it wasn't one of their marquee champions he would just suspend or cut the poor bastard.

So the words are fine, you just don't believe him?

What do you want him to say? "The fuckin image of the sport is our top fuckin priority"

I find it refreshing to tell you the truth. Athletes in most sports come 2nd to the image of the brand. Seeing him say that Jon is a human being and we should worry more about him is a nice change.

I find it refreshing to tell you the truth. Athletes in most sports come 2nd to the image of the brand. Seeing him say that Jon is a human being and we should worry more about him is a nice change.

Even if he doesn't mean it? You people must love politicians.

When you make it dirty, then it's not. Good to know.

If you really believed your boss cares more about you than the company, you're a fool. Or do pretty words and lip service do it for you? Meanwhile they cut your benefits, require you to work more hours and don't hire for vacant positions, and you're fully expendable at the next economic downturn. But as long as she says your well-being is priority #1, you're good. That's why they have EAP which no one uses.

Good bosses do care, by being concerned for employees, they actually are helping their companies image. They want people to want to work for them. They want top performers at other companies to view their workplace as a good place to work. It benefits a company to make sure the employees well being is protected.

You clearly don't understand this

Don't blame for all the retard gifs you are about to get meatball.

Lol, just checked your thread starting history. Several threads talking about how DC will win with ease before the fight, followed by several bitching about UFC/Jones scandal after the fight.

Look what Jones does or doesn't is on him he isn't the bigger then the sport neither is Ronda or Conor. The point is if you are representing the company think before you go off especially after these lawsuits and funny gimmicks going on right now....

Even if he doesn't mean it? You people must love politicians.

Actually I hate politicians because they are liars. I'm giving Dana the benefit of the doubt because of his past behavior. What did he tell his friend Chuck when he got his 6th KO loss? He said man you are going to get hurt, you have to stop fighting, immediately. He didn't try to cash in on Chuck after that, he said its over.

He could be lying about caring about Bones but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Actually I hate politicians because they are liars. I'm giving Dana the benefit of the doubt because of his past behavior. What did he tell his friend Chuck when he got his 6th KO loss? He said man you are going to get hurt, you have to stop fighting, immediately. He didn't try to cash in on Chuck after that, he said its over.

He could be lying about caring about Bones but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

ok....no similarities there I guess.

Lol, just checked your thread starting history. Several threads talking about how DC will win with ease before the fight, followed by several bitching about UFC/Jones scandal after the fight.

To be honest knowing now this whole Jones being bout this life style he isn't a bad guy at all.... I am just saying UFC is nuts for saying YEAH and pounding it's chest about freaking cocaine!

Dana saying in the FS1 interview the image of the sport isn't our top priority right now Jon Jones as a person is.....Is the the most unprofessional response any President/Commissioner has ever issued after one of their athletes has tested positive or been accused of something? Just a mind boggling response we get it Dana you care for Jon but that's not your JOB!!!!

Who the fck said the image of the sport is top.priority to begin with? Is it some divine rule to uphold the image of two guys beating the living crap out of each other under the structure of rules and regulations?

Dana can do whatever the F he wants. He picked the COMPANY up from the ground. JJ is his employee.

You Dont like it....go watch something else. Now personally I agree that Dana is being strangely calm about this. Maybe he has alternate interests. Maybe not. Either way he is not held under any type of law to uphold any image of anything and no that is not his JOB.

If you really believed your boss cares more about you than the company, you're a fool. Or do pretty words and lip service do it for you? Meanwhile they cut your benefits, require you to work more hours and don't hire for vacant positions, and you're fully expendable at the next economic downturn. But as long as she says your well-being is priority #1, you're good. That's why they have EAP which no one uses.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2751175

Good bosses do care, by being concerned for employees, they actually are helping their companies image. They want people to want to work for them. They want top performers at other companies to view their workplace as a good place to work. It benefits a company to make sure the employees well being is protected.

You clearly don't understand this

And you think Dana is a good boss who cares for his employees? Something I wanted to make clear, this isn't your mid-level manager we're talking about. This is the president of the company or upper brass making a lip service statement when all he's done in the past is shown his present words are lies.

Back