Media Dana White Rips On Showtime For Canelo Vs Plant Faceoff

Dana only cares about you if you’re making money for him or taking money from him. Showtime is definitely making money in the combat sports world and Dana doesn’t like that. That’s money out of his pocket in his mind.
I imagine he is is also upset about his failed Zuffa boxing venture. He can't get top fighters for sub 100K salaries in boxing so it never took off

Because Dana would never let a altercation happen at weigh ins to generate hyp- ohh wait.

LOL it wasn't that long ago that meathead Jeremy Stephens pushed Klose at the weigh ins injuring him and the fight had to be cancelled. Which was a much worse outcome than this Canelo stuff as the fight is not cancelled.
Dana never misses a chance to bash a competitor. That being said, I just watched the vid and it’s pretty bad. Canelo pushes him halfway across the stage and everyone just stands there and does absolutely nothing to break it up. And Dana’s pretty quick to take the heat when this happens in his promotion.

p02WRZC.gif

Dana has always been a petty hater...

His own mother doesn't love him.... True Story.

So Dana is talking shit about boxing, what else is new? The UFC is the premier org/sport for face-off shennanigans...he cant say shit about this, Boxing doesnt have shit breaking out as often as in MMA, he cant talk shit cause its not like HE is the one always having people in between face-offs, thats AC requirement afaik.

So Dana is talking shit about boxing, what else is new? The UFC is the premier org/sport for face-off shennanigans...he cant say shit about this, Boxing doesnt have shit breaking out as often as in MMA, he cant talk shit cause its not like HE is the one always having people in between face-offs, thats AC requirement afaik.

It's still amazes me that mainstream media outside of MMA hasn't caught on to the fact that Dana is full of shit and most of the stuff out of his mouth is either a lie or rank hypocrisy.

Imagine trying to sneak a punch and getting rekt

E_1jv7wVQAQiyHc

Thing is, in spanish "motherfucker" sort of translates into that, Canelo thought Plant said that he fucks his own mom, thats a pretty common offense in spanish, the context of the exchange had nothing to do with Canelo's mom imo, but im just trying to understand where Canelo's anger came from, the guy has a VERY basic English, he did said the same thing to Demetrious Andrade when they got heated not so long ago, he said the same word to Jake Paul's guys crashing his post fight interview in the ring when he told them to get off the ring, like i said its a pretty common thing to say (with poorly translated English) in Spanish, so he took offense from it, even when he has said it himself.

Had not seen that staredown, yeah that was stupid af

I think Plant will stick and move on Canelo and lose a decision. Highway robbery is what I'm predicting.

First time I seen Plant fight was when he got in a street fight in some ghetto. He boxed the shit out of some thug

There’s still a weird notion here that boxing isn’t effective in a street fight, as if punching someone in the face just doesn’t cut it.

You can see just from the reflexes, defence and countering ability of Canelo there how brutally effective boxing can be.

There’s still a weird notion here that boxing isn’t effective in a street fight, as if punching someone in the face just doesn’t cut it.

You can see just from the reflexes, defence and countering ability of Canelo there how brutally effective boxing can be.
imagine he threw with full power and fists instead of open hand slaps. Plant would have been koed in an instant. if a boxer decides to start a streefight, its over 90% of the time no matter what skill the other guy has.

In fairness he was pissed when that happened in the UFC and threw Sean Shelby under the bus iirc.

In general, ofc his comments are ridiculous, he just doesn't like the showtime guys and this is as good excuse as any to go off on them.
and don't get Dana started about Bob Arum!! That quickly turns into a bleepity-bleepity-bleeeeeep session..........

Canelo is as quick as he is sharp.

He walked into suckerpunch range and then proceeded to matrix Plant

Back