News Dana White reveals ESPN numbers have been poor

ESPN conned the UFC. They got them to jump on a streaming service with low subs and they got them to require that subscription in order to buy the PPV. I just honestly don't understand how anyone at the UFC thought this was a good idea. The benefit of ESPN is getting on their MAIN channel, not having a special slot on ESPN 2 or some sub service.
they got them to jump onto espn+, which is partnered with disney for many millions of dollars. not sure who conned who here huh?

they got them to jump onto espn+, which is partnered with disney for many millions of dollars. not sure who conned who here huh?
Which still generates less sales than their previous model. ESPN/Disney Media conned the UFC.

Unless it comes out of Dana's mouth or someone very high up at ESPN nobody knows what numbers they are doing.

Nobody has access to those numbers anymore like Meltzer used to.

People are making up numbers now based on dumb shit like google trends and youtube views
A good sign that they aint doing good is Dana White aint dropping them like he used to he would release estimates like crazy not anymore.

I haven’t purchased a PPV since the ESPN deal; I don’t even know anyone that buys ESPN+.

Watching mma is ridiculous
You have to pay for 3 services and purchase ppv (purchase #4) to watch one ufc event, and then you have to manually swap between them
Outside the UFC Scott Coker is time delaying Bellator and previous Strikeforce for west-coasters
20 years ago we would have thought we'd all be watching thru cageside VR goggle streams

I've seen this claim a lot and I've never found it to be true. Feel free to PM me evidence, no one has yet.

Streams are not worth it for any adult with money to spend on their favorite sport, imo.
...are you serious?

If so, feel free to PM me. Just went fishing to watch conor get his gimme fight and it was perfect HD all the way through.

UFC is dead, once Conrad retires nobody will give a shit about it. Jon Jones can do a few cards but that's about it. Nobody cares about Usman, Stipe, Nunes etc.

Back