News Dana White reveals ESPN numbers have been poor

So how do other nationalities buy the PPV?

I live in Canada so we would buy the PPV the same way we always have though our cable providers.

as far as i know ESPN+ is exclusively in the US.

Lucky he has all those Reebok merch dollars to fall back on!

I think The ESPN deal as a whole has been good. However you eliminated every other provider other than ESPN. So it’s impossible for the numbers to be as good.

I attempted to buy the Diaz/Masvidal card and their payment system rejected two of my credit cards multiple times. I ended up watching the fights for free.

I live in Canada so we would buy the PPV the same way we always have though our cable providers.

as far as i know ESPN+ is exclusively in the US.

Thanks, I was just curious. I'm at the other end of NAFTA and the UFC PPVs are just part of my inexpensive cable package. The down side is that it's in the same shoddy picture quality as everything else.

Thanks, I was just curious. I'm at the other end of NAFTA and the UFC PPVs are just part of my inexpensive cable package. The down side is that it's in the same shoddy picture quality as everything else.

The Yanks really got screwed on this deal

<Lmaoo>

I can stream for free without hassle on my laptop. It was a one time cost. Great deal.

giphy.gif
3M5B.gif

Conor no longer a draw confirmed.

Conor nuthuggers on suicide watch now.

I used to purchase PPVs pretty frequently and have not watched one since the ESPN+ deal started

How is it possible that you can't buy ppv straight ? Wtf

It has never been possible to buy a ppv "straight". In the past you had to buy it through a cable company or youtube or whatever. You always needed an account with some other service to actually make the purchase.

It has never been possible to buy a ppv "straight". In the past you had to buy it through a cable company or youtube or whatever. You always needed an account with some other service to actually make the purchase.

Yeah plus you needed a TV too with the YouTube right. Damn.

In the US you don't need to have ESPN+ to watch the PPV. I'm looking on a computer not a TV but on UFC.TV they have PPV at the top right of the screen. Click on that and it will take you to ESPN+. The main offer in the middle is to buy the PPV and sign up for ESPN+. But right below that in small writing is the option to buy UFC 246 without subscribing. This option was available last month too. Last month my friend used a firestick and bought the PPV through an Amazon Prime account and he doesn't subscribe to ESPN+ But yes I agree that the ESPN+ is overly complicated and a pain in the ass. The UFC doesn't really like their fans.

So what can you watch ESPN+ on? If it's just on a phone, it must be awfully hard for a group to view together.
iPod Touch, which lets me watch Disney+ Mandalorian, VUDU, Spectrum Cinemax/Showtime on demand, History Channel on demand, Bellator app live, DAZN, ONE FC app, Bleacher Report on the HDTV via Lightning HDMI cable.

I refuse to use iPad or computer.

No idea if ESPN is happy with deal but it’s clear PPV is not their main objective. Subscribers are the goal. They want that recurring subscriber base

People dont like change.

Streaming is the future and the ufc jumped on board. Yea it sucks that you have to pay for epsn+ . But for people saying this is a dumb mistake by the ufc, no.. they're understanding the change and adapting. It's actually very smart.

Speaking about UFC 246 PPV projections, White said, "This thing is going to do numbers that we did when we were on traditional pay-per-view." Thereby implying ESPN+ PPVs have done dog shite numbers.

Or it could have something to do with Dana knowing this card is dog shit for a PPV...

People dont like change.

Streaming is the future and the ufc jumped on board. Yea it sucks that you have to pay for epsn+ . But for people saying this is a dumb mistake by the ufc, no.. they're understanding the change and adapting. It's actually very smart.
I think it's exactly the opposite.

Any millenial can find a perfect HD version of this and any other PPV card if they want.

I don't watch wrasslin, but they apparently did it right with a $9 version of fight pass that also includes all PPVs.

Back