News Dana White reveals ESPN numbers have been poor

Well. You have to pay for ESPN+ before you can even buy the PPV.... Plus to watch the full even you also need the ESPN channel.

That means UFC 246 sold over 300,000 ESPN buys

All these "big guys" like Masvidal and Khabib were in 2019 struggling to sell over 100,000 ESPN PPVs

Conor bless.
conor-mcgregor-ufc-246-official-weigh-ins.jpg

Of course the numbers are crap most people dont want to sign up and pay for ESPN+ just to order a PPV.

Well. You have to pay for ESPN+ before you can even buy the PPV.... Plus to watch the full even you also need the ESPN channel.
dont they offer 3rd party sources where your from?

I mean we can use ps4 to buy povs here, also we just go through our opv channel to buy.

Only if you are American

bork1}
bork1}
bork1}

Speaking about UFC 246 PPV projections, White said, "This thing is going to do numbers that we did when we were on traditional pay-per-view." Thereby implying ESPN+ PPVs have done dog shite numbers.

qnagoZQ.gif

I really don't have an issue with the $5 per Month. I do however have a issue with paying $65 to watch Conor fight cowboy on a WMMA infested minus 1 card.

Well, the UFC has gone out of their way to kill their PPV base. What was left of the older boxing crowd doesn't know how to go through all that internet bs to get the fight. Certainly don't want to pay for a streaming service. Raising prices chases off others. And finally the largely shit cards.

Fertittas conned WME. Dana conned ESPN

In time, WME will con some Asian group. Dana said they had a $5B offer from Asia for the UFC that they turned down. I don't believe that for a second. They wouldn't have left $1B at the table to sell to WME. But that offer he was referencing was probably close.

Last edited:
Who cares? Financially ESPN is a way more lucrative relationship than xxx.xxx amount more PPV buys.

I really don't have an issue with the $5 per Month. I do however have a issue with paying $65 to watch Conor fight cowboy on a WMMA infested minus 1 card.
Facts, the fight will be available the next morning on ESPN so for 5 bucks I’ll take it. I don’t care if I know the result already, better than paying for this terrible card. I’ll wait twelve hours lol

ESPN+ is what was going to push casual buyers over to illegal streams.
Its a convoluted and frankly retarded system for buying. Not to mention price spike.

Most PPV buys are coming from bars in United States.

Only one man can fill the bars:

Back