Dana White responds to MM: "it's 'ridiculous' that he doesn't want to fight T.J. Dillashaw"

I don't think you know how contracts are laid out? The UFC won't include this in their clause. This is between MM and TJ. They can sign an external (independent) contract stating this
I am aware of how contracts are laid out. However, as the match makers it is their job to handle this contract. Fighters have never been allowed to do this own their own. What is so difficult about Dana putting this in the contract? Tell me the issue here

Name one thing that DJ was asked to do and didn't. Before this, he was a model company man. He did ever presser, commercial, radio show that they asked him to do.

Let me get this straight: in order to promote a sporting event, DJ needs to "trash talk" (whatever that means to you), social media post (which he already does) and stop playing video games online (where some people actually follow him).

I don't know what "high school freshman" is even supposed to mean.

You know maybe you should just say "be like mcgregor".

Explain "promote" better.
you cant be a model company man while losing the company money

He is the 125lb champion. I don't get what you are saying. You are typing anger.
I am saying Hes unwilling to fight TJ at 125 lbs.

And, there a very legitimate reasons on hating on MM. doesn't make me a troll or angry.

Hey dumbass I did read it, those weren't the terms DJ wanted. TJ offered what MM wanted. Dana needs to put it in the contract. It is that simple.
Did you see his reply to you?

"This is between MM and TJ. They can sign an external (independent) contract stating this"

The guy is saying he knows how UFC contracts work, but then he says this....? Does he know that would be an unenforceable contract? What court would enforce it?

you cant be a model company man while losing the company money
Name one show that has lost money because of DJ. Post the link.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you see his reply to you?

"This is between MM and TJ. They can sign an external (independent) contract stating this"

The guy is saying he knows how UFC contracts work, but then he says this....? Does he know that would be an unenforceable contract? What court would enforce it?
Exactly. Same reasons fighters can't set up their own fights without UFC approval. Fighters cannot set up independent contracts that the company has to enforce.

I am saying Hes unwilling to fight TJ at 125 lbs.

And, there a very legitimate reasons on hating on MM. doesn't make me a troll or angry.
I think your reasons are illegitimate. You don't have to like him. I don't even care that much for him. But you are clearly a troll.

I think your reasons are illegitimate. You don't have to like him. I don't even care that much for him. But you are clearly a troll.
I am dead serious bud. I mean every word of cutting the FlyW division.

Exactly. Same reasons fighters can't set up their own fights without UFC approval. Fighters cannot set up independent contracts that the company has to enforce.
Not only that. But no court is going to enforce a contract where one party gives away his pay to another for "missing weight". Dilly can simply say no I will not pay you.

"Hey if I show up to work late tomorrow, I will sign a contract that says I will give by buddy Fred my salary for the year."

Not in this country.

Last edited:

The company cannot enforce it = truth
But DJ & TJ can do something civil (contractually), whether TJ can back out after I have no idea, but I doubt he would.

So shut down the division already. You don't talk about something like that for 3 years and do nothing. Dana lying per usual..

You don't care for him much? You seem to go great lengths for him. If not, piss off my thread

But DJ & TJ can do something civil (contractually), whether TJ can back out after I have no idea, but I doubt he would.
I feel like I have to spell everything out for these mofos.

He absolutely could back out afterwards on the premise that it would conflict with their deals with UFC. It wouldn't hold up in court which is why it must be done on UFC's end

So shut down the division already. You don't talk about something like that for 3 years and do nothing. Dana lying per usual..

Actually that is the smarter way to do it then making a rush decision.
Not saying DW isn't lying, bc he does a lot, but looking at a division over time & analyzing if it should stay (or not) is smarter than doing shit as an impulse like WMMA 145

Back