Dana White responds to bjorn rebney, bellator pay-per-view woes

CardinalAqua

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

clicky, Clicky, CLICKY HERE for story

Dana White in reference to bellator said:
Dana White said:
I see that Bjork has been saying a lot of stupid s--t lately.He's screaming for attention. Screaming for attention.
Dana White said:
What has that guy done to raise the bar in mixed martial arts whatsoever?
the war of words continues between these two TITANS :icon_lol:​

Bjorn screaming for attention? The same could be said about Dana all the time!

Bjorn screaming for attention? The same could be said about Dana all the time!

Dana gives his thoughts and opinions when asked by media. Honestly.

Bjorn clearly makes shit up and takes outrageous positions just to get headlines.

OP posted some choice quotes to make Dana look like a hot head. In regards to the fight being cancelled Dana actually said "That was the legit fight on the card. It's tough. It's tough losing that,"

"Those guys, I don't care about those guys. I don't see them as competition whatsoever. I see that Bjork (Bjorn Rebney) has been saying a lot of stupid s--t lately, he's in the press. He's screaming for attention. Screaming for attention. Talking about New York and the union and he's going to... what the f--k has he done to do anything in New York? What has that guy done to raise the bar in mixed martial arts whatsoever? He's done nothing. He's done completely zero. Zilch.

That's where the other quotes came from. Can anyone here actually disagree with what he said? It's true, Bellator has done NOTHING to help MMA make it in New York. UFC is spending a tonne of cash on trying to get in there. Constantly promoting the sport there. Once it's allowed there, it is for all companies, not just the UFC.

Dana does not need to be be civil to his competitors, that's fine. But the "Bjork" thing just makes him like a bit pathetic.

It's pretty petty, kinda get the feeling that if Dana had a Fabio-esque mane of hair, he'd be calling him a bald prick.

Bjork... lol :icon_chee

She's a beautiful eccentric woman, and her music is quite good. Please explain why you laughed out loud when you read her name?

Dana gives his thoughts and opinions when asked by media. Honestly.

Bjorn clearly makes shit up and takes outrageous positions just to get headlines.

Dana does that too, but at least Dana doesn't try to act like every fighter's best friend. Bjorn comes off as super fake and thinking that he's so nice and wonderful.

OP posted some choice quotes to make Dana look like a hot head. In regards to the fight being cancelled Dana actually said "That was the legit fight on the card. It's tough. It's tough losing that,"

"Those guys, I don't care about those guys. I don't see them as competition whatsoever. I see that Bjork (Bjorn Rebney) has been saying a lot of stupid s--t lately, he's in the press. He's screaming for attention. Screaming for attention. Talking about New York and the union and he's going to... what the f--k has he done to do anything in New York? What has that guy done to raise the bar in mixed martial arts whatsoever? He's done nothing. He's done completely zero. Zilch.

That's where the other quotes came from. Can anyone here actually disagree with what he said? It's true, Bellator has done NOTHING to help MMA make it in New York. UFC is spending a tonne of cash on trying to get in there. Constantly promoting the sport there. Once it's allowed there, it is for all companies, not just the UFC.

100% agree. good points.

She's a beautiful eccentric woman, and her music is quite good. Please explain why you laughed out loud when you read her name?

Speaking only for myself, I LOLed at the thought of Bjorn Rebney in the swan dress.

Bjork's music is terrible and she reminds me of Yoko Ono.

Dana: shut the fuck up, you fuckin goof

quite true. i wonder if it's worth it in terms of time and money (vs. Return on Investment), when they can just do shows in NJ.

Dana White said:
I see that Bjork (Bjorn Rebney) has been saying a lot of stupid s--t lately, he's in the press. He's screaming for attention. Screaming for attention.

ngbbs4e8e40087eafa.gif

Seriously? MMA is illegal in NY because of things totally unrelated to MMA, it is only illegal there because the UFC is owned by the Lorenzo and Frank, it has nothing to do with the sport itself.

Dana does that too, but at least Dana doesn't try to act like every fighter's best friend. Bjorn comes off as super fake and thinking that he's so nice and wonderful.

Dana had the benefit of having an independently wealthy ownership group and an established commodity prior to inking the deal with Fox and even so, Dana will occasionally dial it down when Fox's cameras are rolling.

Bjorn is way more dependent upon Viacom so he needs to keep it professional.

That said, they really need to get rid of the Bellator voiceover guy, whom I suspect is the same guy who did voiceover work for Bully Beatdown. That shit just screams bush league. Just have Jimmy Smith do it.

Back