Dana White picks Barao over Aldo for #2 P4P

Barao still fights to finish every opponenet violently

Aldo has gone the route of GSP and is better than everyone else and is content to just win

I agree with this

#1 Barao
#2 Jones
#3 Aldo
#4 Cain

This....and thank you for not putting Weidman in your tops... doesnt belong.

in terms of competition aldo should be ahead of barao imo

Aldo has more or less reached his ceiling in terms of popularity, Dana is interested in seeing how far Barao can go. Plus, there's no denying Renan still fights with a degree of reckless abandon Aldo hasn't had in a long time.

First response is dead on. Dana is in the business of promoting fighters and he believes there is more upside on a relatively still unknown Barao then there is with Aldo who has been less devastating in his last few fights.

What I don't understand is how do fans not rank Aldo 1? I mean he has been at the top forever. He is really underrated, has been number one long before Jones/Barao wherever else. He deserves way more respect. He is undoubtedly number 1.

Dana really needs to stay consistent, one moment it's barao, then jones, pettis, wideman, cain, anderson. figure yourself out dude

anyhow, MM is #2 to Aldo, and Barao is #3.

Actually:
1. Aldo
2. MM
3. Barao
4. Jones
5. Mendes
6. Faber
7. Benavidez
8. Pettis
9. Melendez
10. Dodson/Cain

something like that

Last edited:
Aldo is turning into the GSP of striking. He's good but boring as hell to watch BUT and this is a big but, Aldo can still pull finished, and I smell it in his next fight...

What I don't understand is how do fans not rank Aldo 1? I mean he has been at the top forever. He is really underrated, has been number one long before Jones/Barao wherever else. He deserves way more respect. He is undoubtedly number 1.

Just bleeders don't like that he doesn't finish fights. Yes, he had a KO 3 fights ago, but it's gotta be every fight. Just bleed bro!

Aldo's amazing, but i don't think we've seen the limits of Barao's skillset and depending on Aldo moving up we could see Barao be a 2 div champ and possibly even challenge for a LW belt too someday

Yeah.

Aldo is p4p #1 right now as far as I'm concerned. That guys got one of the most impressive striking skillsets there has ever been in MMA. Period.
His combos that end in keg kicks are the best I have seen

But he loses P4P points in my view for his cardio. There is a good argument Frankie did enough to win round 3 and he definitely won 4 and 5. Aldo could have lost that fight that he damn near took Frankie's legs off in the first two rounds simply because he ran out of gas. At some point someone is gonna have the skill to use the same gameplan and get the victory.

No doubt he is one scary and versatile striker with kind of a silent nasty streak where you can tell he is looking to take someone out viciously. But to me P4P has to be well-rounded with a good gas tank. He fixes that and not sure anyone beats him

Barao is number 1,

The skill and talent is all there, he just needs to give the doubters some more proof which will be hard while Aldo stays at 145.

In January Dana said Barao could be p4p No 1 with a win over Faber, Barao went on to stop the p4p No 13 in the first round.

Aldo is more technical than Barao and I pick myself over Dana for smarts.

Back