Dana White: Once Ben Askren becomes a free agent, I’ll meet with him

He doesn't need to touch GSP. He just needs to out-wrestle the top guys at WW which I think he can easily do.
I agree with you. I was only saying that because he's called out GSP for years & that's the fight he wants.

I like Askren, was great on Rogan's podcast, but he's not a big draw. He's definitely more exciting now than he used to be. His wrestling is world class & his ground & pound has gotten really good. He's gonna give anyone trouble just because of how incredible of a wrestler he is. Not sure he can touch GSP though.
That’s how I’m feeling but I don’t know if that’s giving askren more credit than he deserves. I mean if georges is the only wrestler I think he can’t beat than he could win the belt in that division.

I would looove to see Askren in the UFC against one of the best. Then it will be settled how good he really is, so we don't have to wonder! His wins over Lima and Koreshkov looks pretty damn good today, but how much have they improved since Askren was the champion in Bellator? This would be a very good signing indeed! :cool:

Fuck yeah. Go 50 year old Askren!

I'm sure he'll do great, just like Lombard did when he was brought in at the young age of 70.

Dude probably should have tried to be less boring in his prime

I always cringed a little when reading posts by people proclaiming that "real fans" love to watch Askren "fight."

The Welterweight division will forever feel empty without the king.

tumblr_mc0pr0pY2o1qdncs5o1_r2_500.gif
Your boy is busy picking cherries, the WW division is currently the most exciting and he’s doing his best to avoid the Woodley, Till and Colvington of the roster.

I always thought he was a bit undersized for WW. Always wanted to see him in the UFC at LW.
At 5'10" it is possible. He was still well over 155 in the Olympics a decade ago though so no easy task. He would need to shave his head!

I would looove to see Askren in the UFC against one of the best. Then it will be settled how good he really is, so we don't have to wonder! His wins over Lima and Koreshkov looks pretty damn good today, but how much have they improved since Askren was the champion in Bellator? This would be a very good signing indeed! :cool:
Koreshkov came into that fight with the dumbest game plan ever. Durr it's a fight not a wrestling match, I don't care about his wrestling. I remember watching the pre fight video like

<JagsKiddingMe>

that never stopped gsp...

GPS has more charisma, and up until Serra he was crushing people left and right with tons of finishes. Even post Serra he had dominant beat downs like Penn 2 and Fitch. Askren was laying on people throwing baby punches in the B leagues.

Dana waited too long. We will never know what a prime Askren could or couldn't do.

Seriously? Usman and Colby would destroy Askren.
Askren hasn't really been in trouble since the Sapo fight. He handled everyone in Bellator at the time handily and has the credentials to back it up.

Back