Dana White: Once Ben Askren becomes a free agent, I’ll meet with him

Askren is not worth his asking price. Great fighter, not a great draw.

The dude is getting old now. lol @ Dana White finally being open to signing him.

The Welterweight division will forever feel empty without the king.

tumblr_mc0pr0pY2o1qdncs5o1_r2_500.gif

Ill take ben saunders over ben askren any day of the week

The guy is still boring. Why is Dana White open to signing him now?
Put him in his place, and let him know there would never be a bidding war for him. Now they can lowball him

Dana's a fucking noodle...shoulda signed him years ago, now he's just being prick

Of course he’s getting older but I think he’s the only wrestler to compete with George’s at 170, am I wrong? I mean Colby just won the interim belt

Has he come to accept the fact that Welterweight is doomed to be ruled by boring wrestlers?

I like Askren, was great on Rogan's podcast, but he's not a big draw. He's definitely more exciting now than he used to be. His wrestling is world class & his ground & pound has gotten really good. He's gonna give anyone trouble just because of how incredible of a wrestler he is. Not sure he can touch GSP though.

I like Askren, was great on Rogan's podcast, but he's not a big draw. He's definitely more exciting now than he used to be. His wrestling is world class & his ground & pound has gotten really good. He's gonna give anyone trouble just because of how incredible of a wrestler he is. Not sure he can touch GSP though.
He doesn't need to touch GSP. He just needs to out-wrestle the top guys at WW which I think he can easily do.

I always thought he was a bit undersized for WW. Always wanted to see him in the UFC at LW.

Ben Askren in the UFC would really mark the as the Wrestling era

Back