Dana White on Romero's Bellator debut: good luck Bellator

I wouldn’t have signed Yoel if I were Bellator. He’s simply not worth the price tag

He didn't flip on him, he just said "Isn't he cute" then pretty much just said they're picking up the guys they released. I actually think Dana likes Coker.

I can't remember Dana ever saying anything bad about Coker. I haven't heard any fighters say anything bad about Coker either. Everyone in the business seems to like him and the way he does things.

I wouldn’t have signed Yoel if I were Bellator. He’s simply not worth the price tag

He might not be but i'm not sure. I would imagine he is purse has gone down a lot due to the losing streak. Numbers aren't out for Bellator 266 yet but the estimates for Romero's pay are 100-150k.

Dana is only saying that because he's got a new middleweight doofus to take Romero's place
554cd-16234002177350-800.jpg

How dare you comparing that Doofus to Vettori?

He didn't flip on him, he just said "Isn't he cute" then pretty much just said they're picking up the guys they released. I actually think Dana likes Coker.
Why wouldnt he like him? He is non-confrontational and no real ambition to compete. I think Dana will freak ou when Coker leaves and someone with more ambition takes his place.

Meh. Maybe. I don’t think he cares anymore. Back in the day it used to be ufc vs all but now with $500m in the bank who really gives a shit anymore.
Agreed, early-2000's to mid-2010's the UFC was very aprehensive and even aggresive towards any type of competition. Now, they are so far ahead he doesnt give a shit anymore.

I wonder how Romero feels knowing he could of been a UFC champ if he just made weight...

What other choice Bellator has though? How many fighters with some sort of fame that could pull fans away from UFC could Bellator sign?

What other choice Bellator has though? How many fighters with some sort of fame that could pull fans away from UFC could Bellator sign?
Being beloved by the non paying, always complaining hardcore fan base =/= fame

Agreed, early-2000's to mid-2010's the UFC was very aprehensive and even aggresive towards any type of competition. Now, they are so far ahead he doesnt give a shit anymore.
UFC is in the middle of an anti trust law suit. He needs other fight promotions to seem competitive, even if only in word. He has also complemented ONE in the past

UFC is in the middle of an anti trust law suit. He needs other fight promotions to seem competitive, even if only in word. He has also complemented ONE in the past
I wonder how much they paid for rumble now

this isnt anything anyone didnt already know about Yoel. He's just one of those guys.

He also did just kind of rip One though when he was asked about the stupid Mighty Mouse mixed rule fight. He said when you are losing money and are desperate you have to try new things.

Back