Dana White on Nick Newell:

There are some things you're just not supposed to do if you don't have two arms... the disability acts only go so far. I seriously doubt they extend to MMA.

:rolleyes:OMG, really we are full of ignorants in Sherdogs forums :redface:

I'm from England

Baseball is barely played outside of America, if at all.

I couldn't tell you a single baseball players name other than Kenny Powers

Have Newell fight this guy.

i'd love to know if this guy actually has a fight.

Heck, I'd be honored to fight this guy myself.

edit: ah he fights at 125lbs... a 125lb fighter with down syndrome. I'm 230.... still probably be a tough fight :icon_cry2

Last edited:
This is tear jerking..I feel for Nick immensely..it was especially sad early in his career he had a tough time finding people who would want to fight him. one guy even did a no show at weigh ins..imagine how Nick must've felt at that instant..I hope this kid makes it

I wouldn't have a problem with letting him go through TUF, but just signing him outright would be a bad move. I've seen nearly all of his fights, and only his last fight did he seem like he had a truly worthwhile opponent. He's a talented guy, and his story is inspirational, etc, but I don't think he'd get through TUF, and if you threw him in there with any experienced fighter in the UFC, he wouldn't last past the first round. Not so much b/c of his disability, but I think there's simply a big talent disparity. Of course, it would be framed by the ignorant mainstream media in a way to make the UFC and MMA look bad.

And as Newell himself said, it's hard to find people who want to fight him. They have nothing to gain (you beat a guy with one arm - big deal) and everything to lose (you got beaten by a guy with one arm - you suck).

Seriously, with whom in the UFC would you want to put Newell in the Octagon and expect a good, competitive fight?

Dude has finished 8 of 9 fights. I know its just fight finder info, but that seems pretty legit to me. I'm sure his disability to him is nothing. Might help em in certain situations man.

if the kid is good enough he will fight in the ufc. its not smart to bring in a disabled guy and have him get smashed. it would be a nightmare

i've seen his 3 fights and was very impressed. i dont know how good his opposition was but nicks performance was very impressive

He'd be too much of a liability. If he comes in and gets KO'd a couple of times, think of the negative publicity the UFC could receive.

That is brutal and shame on the fighter who no showed him. I love how people in this thread are stating that Nick needs to win more fights, he is 9-0 and just beat a Bellator Vet who actually won in Bellator. Give the guy a chance!

Not only that but Nick is a belt holder...

Not only that but Nick is a belt holder...

the words "belt holder" don't really mean much outside of the UFC.

the worst guy in the UFC at that weight class could come take that belt from him.

I want to see Dana set up a Newell vs. Lesnar vs. Zach Gowen triple threat match.

ive always liked newell and have honestly been surprised at how well he's done.

Unfortunately most of America would struggle to pass a 12th grade reading test.

The original "point" was that Dana changes his mind by doing the exact same thing twice. The guy has a shitty grasp of written English - too bad the forum is full of people that would struggle to pass a 12th grade reading test.

He'd be too much of a liability. If he comes in and gets KO'd a couple of times, think of the negative publicity the UFC could receive.

I truly hope this is not how the UFC will determine whether to sign him or not in the long run

the words "belt holder" don't really mean much outside of the UFC.

the worst guy in the UFC at that weight class could come take that belt from him.

I normally like you natman... but that post is dumb as fuck. The UFC is known to have scrubs that have been crushed outside the UFC. The kid deserves max respect until someone beats him.

Dana hasn't seen him fight.

Joe Silva would make the call and Dana would go with whatever Joe decided.

He wouldn't be the first disabled UFC fighter.

Back