Dana White on Nick Newell:

he hasn't. He says as much in the video. All that stuff is up to Joe Silva anyways. If Joe wants to give him a shot they will. I say treat him like anyone else. Give him a shot. If he loses cut him. Nick is really good and has looked great lately.

This, Dana didn't even know he actually had an arm past his elbow and asked questions on who he's beat, etc. after.

Do you know what a sense of humour is?

I'm not sure. Is it when I laugh at people who don't realize that they're trying to insult someone by juxtaposing two words that mean exactly the same thing, thus making themselves look stupid?

That's just what the UFC needs, footage of a fighter wailing on a one armed man who can't block an overhand right on national television.

I'm not sure. Is it when I laugh at people who don't realize that they're trying to insult someone by juxtaposing two words that mean exactly the same thing, thus making themselves look stupid?

No, that's not right. It's when you laugh at someone who tries to insult someone using intelligence, however, everyone just thinks that person is a dick!

The original point was that Dana changes his mind all the time.
Too bad this forum is full of people like you....

He also said he's never seen nick fight before and he didn't know Nick has part of his forearm which helps him a lot just because dana doesn't know who he is yet doesn't mean he doesn't have a chance

in fact iirc correctly he tried out for tough and was denied then started getting some more w's and was invited to try out for another season of tuf but he chose not to.

ok so it didn't happen exactly how i remembered it but here are some articles about nick trying out for tuf

the ultimate fighter 13 tryouts draw several notables including galvao amoussou toney
But the most memorable moment of the day very likely went to one-armed fighter and former "Fight Path" subject Nick Newell, who wowed on the mat with a dizzying array of submission attempts before tapping his grappling partner with a deftly executed omo plata.

until ufc calls xfc 19s nick newell looks to extend undefeated streak
When it was decided that welterweights would be the focus of "The Ultimate Fighter 13," Nick Newell was out of luck.

The UFC was ready to give him a shot but with the stipulation that he might not get another at his natural lightweight class.

So Newell, who was born with just one full arm, went home and picked up four more wins.

When bantamweights and featherweights then became the focus of "The Ultimate Fighter 14," Newell was invited back and passed all his audition hurdles. He literally was about to fly to Las Vegas to begin competing on the show before producers decided to move a different direction.

Newell, though, kept moving the same direction: forward.

I just watched this Newell video win a small org championship. Incredibly inspirtational stuff, can't help but root for the guy.

With that being said any talk of him being in the UFC is absurd. Lets not pretend he wouldn't get stopped in the first round regardless of opponent.

That's a pretty bold statement to make about Newell having no shot in the UFC. He just submitted Bellator veteran Eric Reynolds who is a very solid fighter.

You don't think Newell could hang with guys on the UFC's LW roster like Tiequan Zhang, Mitch Clarke, Jeremy Larsen, or C.J. Keith?

Newell would likely lose to a lot of the top guys, but based on what he's done thus far in his career, I believe he could easily defeat some of the names I listed above.

Womans mma is bad enough. We dont need anymore handicapped divisions or anything. Anyone who takes a fight with that guy( or that guy with no limbs) is an absolute joke.

You are an uneducated joke, chump. Just watch some of his fights.

No, that's not right. It's when you laugh at someone who tries to insult someone using intelligence, however, everyone just thinks that person is a dick!

The original point was that Dana changes his mind all the time.
Too bad this forum is full of people like you....

The original "point" was that Dana changes his mind by doing the exact same thing twice. The guy has a shitty grasp of written English - too bad the forum is full of people that would struggle to pass a 12th grade reading test.

The original "point" was that Dana changes his mind by doing the exact same thing twice. The guy has a shitty grasp of written English - too bad the forum is full of people that would struggle to pass a 12th grade reading test.

Dude is Brazilian!! Surely your 12th grade reading ability should allow you to know that!!

Dana also said women would never fight in the UFC.....Nick will get his shot soon.

Dana later covered himself in the interview saying that he wouldnt think the ath. comm. for the state of Nevada would sanction it. He also was on record saying that he would never have someone as old as Hershal Walker fight in the UFC which could be considered age discrimination but pro sports look at things way differently than regular jobs. Safety concerns cover most of these cases.

It would be bad rep for UFC unfortunately.

I have to disagree.I feel very weird watching Kyle Maynard,the guy with almost no limbsin an MMA fight.Newell on the other hand is a perfectly capable fighter and deserves a chance.

The guys won by a rear naked choke how the fuck do you do that with one arm?

Dana also said women would never fight in the UFC.....Nick will get his shot soon.

They asked about the possibility of Nick being on TUF and Dana said idk, maybe. So he's not really eliminating the possibility. Nicks story is inspirational, but White also brought up the fact that he hasnt fought anyone even close to UFC caliber.

The guys won by a rear naked choke how the fuck do you do that with one arm?

He has 1 full arm and 1 arm about 3 inches past his elbow. He lands vicious elbows with his stump too.

I'm all for him going through tuf. The guy is awesome.

I just watched this Newell video win a small org championship. Incredibly inspirtational stuff, can't help but root for the guy.

With that being said any talk of him being in the UFC is absurd. Lets not pretend he wouldn't get stopped in the first round regardless of opponent.

He just beat a guy that would very likely pick up some wins in the UFC.

I like the dude, hes very inspiring. I wouldnt mind to see him in TUF someday. Why not?

I'm all for him going through tuf. The guy is awesome.

He definately is. Even tho 1 and 1/2 arms is a disadvantage, there are also advantages as well. Easier to make weight and any strike with his stump is considered an elbow which he can bring from all directions. His body size has been way larger than all of his opponents thus far.

Back