***Dana White on Jon Jones: "I applaud him"***(Update:admitted to prior knowledge)

'you don't tell everything right away'

TS didn't tell everything at ANY point. He didn't fill the holes he left. You then get a bunch of responses about how Dana does blow, too, and how he likes that Jon does it. You still don't get it - TS could've posted in any of the other threads on it, which clearly explain everything, but he chose not to and the reason is clear. He's not some reporter who makes a living off of misleading headlines, at least not ones on sheepdog; he did this to get people thinking the wrong thing, and did nothing to change that, knowing full well what that meant. It meant even MORE people talking shit about Jones and Dana - something we already have PLENTY of. He didn't need to be sneaky about this. THAT is what the other thread members you quoted, and myself, find disparaging by the thread. Plus, the responses were still when the situation was fairly fresh, as somebody who didn't get to catch the interview, how the hell am I to know what, exactly, Dana applauded? As already stated, it was click-bait - a very annoying and scummy thing to do, especially for somebody who stands to gain nothing out of doing so.

I actually find it comical that it bothers you as much as you make it seem. But as an empathic guy, I think I understand your frustration and my thoughts are with you.

I'll close this conversation by saying that applauding Jones for going to rehab is like giving a child a bag of candy after he broke your window and laughed at your face when caught red-handed.

I actually find it comical that it bothers you as much as you make it seem. But as an empathic guy, I think I understand your frustration and my thoughts are with you.

I'll close this conversation by saying that applauding Jones for going to rehab is like giving a child a bag of candy after he broke your window and laughed at your face when caught red-handed.

Not really. I don't think he had to go to rehab. He broke no rules and they couldn't even cancel his fight. I mean maybe Dana gave him an ultimatum but nobody knows. I think the biggest part that is missed in this story is that Bones broke no rules that would even cause the fight to be cancelled. The athletic commission knew about it and they couldn't do anything about it.

Coke scandal aside, in ur logic, pls explain the low te level and ufcs prior knowledge of drug test

If he failed a steroid test why didn't the athletic commission cancel the fight and suspend him?

It doesn't bother me very much. I simply agreed with somebody else that it was annoying. What then bothered me was your ridiculous analogies that had NOTHING to do with what we were discussing.

What then continues to bother me, and which bothers me more than anything else in this thread, is that you refuse to grow from a conversation and take the knowledge you should have gained to change your mind. Instead, you continue to throw up a defensive wall with more pitiful analogies to children and news reporters.

Jones did nothing wrong to Dana, Dana is simply glad that somebody whom he has a close relationship with decided to get some help for himself with something Jon apparently feels he struggles with. If my friend is a coke addict, then gets caught doing it by somebody who he wanted to hide it from, and follows that with getting help, I would applaud my friend - even if the situation would have been a lot nicer to take care of sooner, I would still be glad my friend is getting help now instead of later, or never.

The UFC officially became a soap opera today, tbh. lol Positive cocaine tests withheld from everyone until after the fight, some incredibly dubious T/E results, Dana mouthing off, etc. I have to hand it to them though, this is getting interesting.

If he failed a steroid test why didn't the athletic commission cancel the fight and suspend him?

That speaks to the NSAC's idiocy, not Jones's innocence. Will you even concede that SOMETHING is fishy with the T/E results?

It doesn't bother me very much. I simply agreed with somebody else that it was annoying. What then bothered me was your ridiculous analogies that had NOTHING to do with what we were discussing.

What then continues to bother me, and which bothers me more than anything else in this thread, is that you refuse to grow from a conversation and take the knowledge you should have gained to change your mind. Instead, you continue to throw up a defensive wall with more pitiful analogies to children and news reporters.

Jones did nothing wrong to Dana, Dana is simply glad that somebody whom he has a close relationship with decided to get some help for himself with something Jon apparently feels he struggles with. If my friend is a coke addict, then gets caught doing it by somebody who he wanted to hide it from, and follows that with getting help, I would applaud my friend - even if the situation would have been a lot nicer to take care of sooner, I would still be glad my friend is getting help now instead of later, or never.

You can't be that naive. Dude's a professional MMA fighter making millions. Likes to party and has cocaine involved in that. You think him "going to rehab" is not damage control, but instead he's actually going to rehab and not doing cocaine anymore? You understand how the cocaine may not actually be the problem here? The only problem I see - Jones and Dana may silently, in their minds agree with me on this one - is that he got caught.

I'm not changing my mind about how Jones is, and should be the victim here, and how Dana in a terrible fear of losing money is doing 100% transparent damage control with his bald head sweatier than it has been in a long time. If someone really posts something as stupid as hoping he kicks the imaginary addiction in his imaginary rehab he's claiming to enter, me posting, in a slightly humorous way, analogs of children and news reporters should be the least of your worries.

You can't be that naive. Dude's a professional MMA fighter making millions. Likes to party and has cocaine involved in that. You think him "going to rehab" is not damage control, but instead he's actually going to rehab and not doing cocaine anymore? You understand how the cocaine may not actually be the problem here? The only problem I see - Jones and Dana may silently, in their minds agree with me on this one - is that he got caught.

I'm not changing my mind about how Jones is, and should be the victim here, and how Dana in a terrible fear of losing money is doing 100% transparent damage control with his bald head sweatier than it has been in a long time. If someone really posts something as stupid as hoping he kicks the imaginary addiction in his imaginary rehab he's claiming to enter, me posting, in a slightly humorous way, analogs of children and news reporters should be the least of your worries.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/6...drug-test-failure-greg-howard-rumors-mma-news

'imaginary'... right.

You're just like every other teenager who wants to hate 'the man' without realizing that without him things wouldn't be where they are today. And god forbid he actually shows a moment of compassion - Round up the lynch mob and hang the lying fuck!

You do realize that just because you don't like Jon (I don't either) it doesn't mean he doesn't actually have a drug problem, right? I mean, there is a difference between recreation (something I know a bit about) and addiction (something, again, I know a bit about thanks to some unfortunate family situations).

I have no doubt that Dana is worried about possibly losing money and the image of the sport taking a dive, but to pretend that he also doesn't care about someone whom he has spent A LOT of time with, and who has made him A LOT of his money, is silly.

you said 'You understand how the cocaine may not actually be the problem here?' but I seriously wonder if your warped little brain can understand that it may, in fact, be a problem. Or has your distaste for a man you've never met really blind you that much?

Jones did nothing wrong to Dana, Dana is simply glad that somebody whom he has a close relationship with decided to get some help for himself with something Jon apparently feels he struggles with.

Jones threatened his and UFC's image & money-earning potential. And while Dana may be putting up a supportive front right now, there's no fucking way he was "simply glad" upon getting the test results - there weren't yet even plans for rehab at that point because Jones wasn't told about his failure until a week+ later.

Jones threatened his and UFC's image & money-earning potential. And while Dana may be putting up a supportive front right now, there's no fucking way he was "simply glad" upon getting the test results - there weren't yet even plans for rehab at that point because Jones wasn't told about his failure until a week+ later.

Im not saying he was simply glad with the situation itself, but with the fact that he entered rehab - which is what he applauded him for.

And its not as if Jon was intentionally tarnishing their images. I'm sure it was the furthest thing from his mind when the blow was becoming the closest.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/6...drug-test-failure-greg-howard-rumors-mma-news

'imaginary'... right.

You're just like every other teenager who wants to hate 'the man' without realizing that without him things wouldn't be where they are today. And god forbid he actually shows a moment of compassion - Round up the lynch mob and hang the lying fuck!

You do realize that just because you don't like Jon (I don't either) it doesn't mean he doesn't actually have a drug problem, right? I mean, there is a difference between recreation (something I know a bit about) and addiction (something, again, I know a bit about thanks to some unfortunate family situations).

I have no doubt that Dana is worried about possibly losing money and the image of the sport taking a dive, but to pretend that he also doesn't care about someone whom he has spent A LOT of time with, and who has made him A LOT of his money, is silly.

you said 'You understand how the cocaine may not actually be the problem here?' but I seriously wonder if your warped little brain can understand that it may, in fact, be a problem. Or has your distaste for a man you've never met really blind you that much?

1. My age has nothing to do with anything - and I actually told my age in one of these posts already.
2. I don't hate Jones, I hate his lifestyle while he's supposed to be the best MMA fighter there is. It makes me take the whole sport a lot less seriously.
3. Your hurt feelings are affecting your arguments. You're bringing my age up, say I have a 'warped little brain' and that I have a distaste towards Jones. That's called very poor argumentation and you shouldn't do it if you want to be taken seriously.

I find it hard to give a fuck.

1jvs5g.jpg

Agreed. I hope to Christ Trey Parker and Matt Stone are MMA fans. Because this has South Park written all over it.

Imagine a South park JBJ, Cormier, and Dana White. They could do the fight, it would be epic. Dana could give his press conference, then go to meet the Fertittas who would be dining with Satan, Sadam Hussein, Darth vader, and Mickey Mouse. They would not be pleased with his answers, so he would bend over and the Fertittas would give it to him up the ass.

Woah, calm down.

(UPDATE)

- Dana admitted to having prior knowledge on the test results and went on with the fights as planned.

- Never once touched on the whole scandal of the questionable t/e levels.

- The guy conducting the interview asked if some people might find his stance hypocritical, Dana ducked and the host looked sickened during the latter part of the interview

- Was asked why he didnt notify Cormier... Dana simply stated: because there was no reason to.

Dana being Dana.

Back