***Dana White on Jon Jones: "I applaud him"***(Update:admitted to prior knowledge)

Dana is passing the buck knowing full well the NSAC can't do shit because recreational/illegal drugs outside of competition aren't currently banned. So it's entirely up to the UFC - via their Fighter Code of Conduct - to penalize Jones. A little transparency would have (and still would) be nice, too.

dana is all about making money

jones already hurt his knee which delayed the match, a little coke wasnt going to stop this because the rules are in danas favor

dana is all about making money

jones already hurt his knee which delayed the match, a little coke wasnt going to stop this because the rules are in danas favor

Why make this about Dana. What would you have done?

Spare me, everyone on Sherdog knows Jones doesnt have an addiction. The guy decided to party hard, tested positive for blow, and now other stuff is coming to light regarding his t/e levels and he ran for cover to avoid the media.

BTW I love how Dana just admitted to having prior knowledge on the test results and went on with the fights as planned.

Also never touched on the questionable t/e levels.

The guy conducting the interview genuinely looked sickened.

Nothing like making an assumption about somebody because you watched a few clips of him on TUF and UFC Primetime.

He had the words WITHOUT a context. He didn't really imply the context was Dana white applauding the coke snorting. It's something you assumed because there was no explanation. People tend to assume the worst. It's not as bad as you make it seem. I don't like the lynch mob mentality when TS just used the oldest trick in the book of how to report news and grab people's attention.

Are 'without context' and 'out of context' different? You're argument is getting worse and worse.

If you read an article stating 'Seth Rogan and Dave Franco kill Kim jong un' without stating that it was in a movie, how are people to know what the fuck you are talking about?

Again: Your responses criticizing Dana for applauding Jones, to me and other sherdog members, had nothing to do with us criticizing TS - your finally on the right tracks, but still haven't explained why you were on the wrong ones to begin with.

It sounds like jones was just cycling off some sort of designer PEDs when he got tested, which explains his low t/e ratio. The coke thing was just a story to cover the real culprit up because getting stripped of the belt is much worse than a drug problem for the ufc.

Double $tandard$ like a motherfucker.

UFC/Dana would have lost too much $$$ if something happened to the fight.. And we all know they can't afford that after 2014.

I like how Dana said he worried about Jone$ "as a person" first. Right dude. That's why he wasn't immediately admitted to rehab.

No doubt. It's sleazy, but I understand why they didn't want to cancel. They needed this PPV bad with the 2014, and they're running a business.

Without a doubt they don't care about their fighter. If they truly cared (imagine Dana was his father), the right move would be to stick him in rehab a long time ago instead of after the fight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/6...drug-test-failure-greg-howard-rumors-mma-news

According to this, it was known dude was abusing coke for a while. So it's not like a one time thing.

Oh my. I haven't been on Sherdog much in quite some time, but these threads are killing me.

Yeah, you applaud him for going to rehab but throw him under the bus if it doesn't suit your purpose.

Jones is pretty much the perfect champ and fighter representative for the UFC when you think about it

Are you implying because Jones champions those same Machiavellian/Sophist principles that Dana and UFC espouses so well

LOL the UFC is struggling as it is. They've got to keep their cokehead champ to get some PPV buys. This ought to cost Dana his job and the company should be banned from promoting again.

Coming from a guy that READ about the first ufc starting up in a black belt mag ... Who couldn't wait to see it on TV ... Theres truth in this statement sir .

Agreed. I hope to Christ Trey Parker and Matt Stone are MMA fans. Because this has South Park written all over it.

Imagine a South park JBJ, Cormier, and Dana White. They could do the fight, it would be epic. Dana could give his press conference, then go to meet the Fertittas who would be dining with Satan, Sadam Hussein, Darth vader, and Mickey Mouse. They would not be pleased with his answers, so he would bend over and the Fertittas would give it to him up the ass.

Would watch

Are 'without context' and 'out of context' different? You're argument is getting worse and worse.

If you read an article stating 'Seth Rogan and Dave Franco kill Kim jong un' without stating that it was in a movie, how are people to know what the fuck you are talking about?

Again: Your responses criticizing Dana for applauding Jones, to me and other sherdog members, had nothing to do with us criticizing TS - your finally on the right tracks, but still haven't explained why you were on the wrong ones to begin with.

Fella, it seems like youre just arguing for the sake of arguing. The whole hypocrisy of Jon Jones and the UFC is getting more absurd by the minute.

Dana said he wanted to "applaud" Jones... of course this means for entering rehab. But the whole hypocrisy of it is that he had prior knowledge of the tests and decided to keep it under wraps, specially when he followed up saying "his only concern was for the well being of the fighter"

Even the interviewer followed up by saying that many would consider that hypocritical considering he couldve made him go to rehab beforehand if it was such a problem.

Now the t/e results come out and Jon Jones decides to run for cover.

Seems shady, no?

Man ... All "ufc is dying " jokes aside none of this looks good . at all . on an mma site , instead of talking about fights this is the story that's dominating . as much as I dislike Jon Jones this is pretty sad .

- You said out of context as if TS purposefully made it seem like Dana applauded the snorting, which you as a smart guy know you can not say based on the evidence you have. I switched 'out of' to 'without' to make it even more clear that he may have not implied anything - maybe he left it to our imagination, and of course trusted a human being's curiosity to open the thread straight away.

- That's exactly how you make people interested and open the thread, you don't tell everything right away, you leave holes. Pretty basic stuff, good you're catching up and we're headed towards a conclusion here.

- Your criticizing of TS made me want to try to show you the other possible way of understanding TS' thread heading. I didn't want to start arguing, instead I made a post implying I saw it as pretty much TS wondering why Dana white applauds Jones for admitting he has been a naughty boy.

It was to stop the lynch mob mentality and the stomping of TS for doing pretty much nothing. You're taking the whole thing to another level now.

Double $tandard$ like a motherfucker.

UFC/Dana would have lost too much $$$ if something happened to the fight.. And we all know they can't afford that after 2014.

I like how Dana said he worried about Jone$ "as a person" first. Right dude. That's why he wasn't immediately admitted to rehab.

You act like Bones was going to die because he was strung out with needle marks on his arm and had to be admitted immediately. Its already been stated that the fight was allowed to go n for 3 reasons.

1. Bones was in good shape, not strung out.
2. There were only trace amounts of cocaine in his system
3. Bones broke no rules and the athletic commission couldn't stop the fight if they wanted to.

- You said out of context as if TS purposefully made it seem like Dana applauded the snorting, which you as a smart guy know you can not say based on the evidence you have. I switched 'out of' to 'without' to make it even more clear that he may have not implied anything - maybe he left it to our imagination, and of course trusted a human being's curiosity to open the thread straight away.

- That's exactly how you make people interested and open the thread, you don't tell everything right away, you leave holes. Pretty basic stuff, good you're catching up and we're headed towards a conclusion here.

- Your criticizing of TS made me want to try to show you the other possible way of understanding TS' thread heading. I didn't want to start arguing, instead I made a post implying I saw it as pretty much TS wondering why Dana white applauds Jones for admitting he has been a naughty boy.

It was to stop the lynch mob mentality and the stomping of TS for pretty much nothing. You're taking the whole thing to another level now.

'you don't tell everything right away'

TS didn't tell everything at ANY point. He didn't fill the holes he left. You then get a bunch of responses about how Dana does blow, too, and how he likes that Jon does it. You still don't get it - TS could've posted in any of the other threads on it, which clearly explain everything, but he chose not to and the reason is clear. He's not some reporter who makes a living off of misleading headlines, at least not ones on sheepdog; he did this to get people thinking the wrong thing, and did nothing to change that, knowing full well what that meant. It meant even MORE people talking shit about Jones and Dana - something we already have PLENTY of. He didn't need to be sneaky about this. THAT is what the other thread members you quoted, and myself, find disparaging by the thread. Plus, the responses were still when the situation was fairly fresh, as somebody who didn't get to catch the interview, how the hell am I to know what, exactly, Dana applauded? As already stated, it was click-bait - a very annoying and scummy thing to do, especially for somebody who stands to gain nothing out of doing so.

Fella, it seems like youre just arguing for the sake of arguing. The whole hypocrisy of Jon Jones and the UFC is getting more absurd by the minute.

Dana said he wanted to "applaud" Jones... of course this means for entering rehab. But the whole hypocrisy of it is that he had prior knowledge of the tests and decided to keep it under wraps, specially when he followed up saying "his only concern was for the well being of the fighter"

Even the interviewer followed up by saying that many would consider that hypocritical considering he couldve made him go to rehab beforehand if it was such a problem.

Now the t/e results come out and Jon Jones decides to run for cover.

Seems shady, no?

How is that hypocrisy? he can't MAKE anyone go to rehab. He is glad that somebody he has a close relationship made a wise decision - no matter when he made it. Doesn't seem shady at all; seems like people just shitting on Dana for something that they don't need to be - and like somebody else already said, theres already plenty of ammo for that, so why did you need to add this blank to their ammo?

8ct1YSn.gif

just seen this gif and had to post it lol

Back