Dana White On Concussions: "The UFC Is Safer Than The NFL"

Its too early to tell regarding MMA. Anyone that says otherwise is just trying to spread what they want to believe.

i23243_Page1.gif
tumblr_m8njwlOy5u1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

20pcykx.gif

Liddell-after-KO-loss1.jpg

cro-cop-gonzaga.gif

Yep, definitely safer than the NFL :p.

Dana's probably right. Football is a fucking violent sport. 6ft6 300+ pound guy running full speed at each other repeatedly over the course of a game.

Dana's probably right. Football is a fucking violent sport. 6ft6 300+ pound guy running full speed at each other repeatedly over the course of a game.

jesus christ, get your fuckin head out of your ass. dana is as always just tellin the press whats most profitable.

Yes, he's right, it is safer. In the UFC if you get KO'd twice you're fired, but in the NFL you could be hit in the head every day for 16 years.

So he actually has no scientific evidence to back up this fact?

Also, the NFL has spent tens of millions on concussion research for its players. The UFC has done what?

lol. safest sport in the world!

Safer than soccer. Those guys seem to break their legs / arms / faces at least 2x a game.

Look at the injury lists for for former NFL players. Even with advanced padding they suffer concussions regularly.

There is your scientific evidence.

in modern sports people hit harder BECAUSE of the padding. The NFL and the NHL and at least as dangerous as the UFC.

jesus christ, get your fuckin head out of your ass. dana is as always just tellin the press whats most profitable.

I don't often agree with Dana but the level of debilitation suffered by NFL players in retirement does legitimize what Dana says.

Just using logic it seems like football is more taxing on the body and brain.

What the ref let Weidmann do to Munoz wasn't very healthy...

in modern sports people hit harder BECAUSE of the padding. The NFL and the NHL and at least as dangerous as the UFC.

Absolutely! I think the NFL is far more dangerous than MMA in regards to brain trauma.

the comment about it being "the safest sport in the world" is pretty ridiculous lmao. I bet there's some kayaking atheletes that disagree! :-D

Back