Dana White Not Sure If Jon Jones Is Addicted to Cocaine

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dana White on Jon Jones: 'There's definitely something wrong' if you're doing cocaine three weeks before huge fight

UFC president Dana White is not sure if Jon Jones is addicted to cocaine. But he believes there must be some issue if Jones is engaging in recreational drug use less than a month before a massive fight.

"My thing is whether you have a problem with street drugs or not, you say you don't have a problem, there's definitely something wrong if you're doing that three weeks before the biggest fight of your life," White said on The Jim Rome Show on Thursday.

. . .

"Obviously, I was horrified," White said. "I didn't see that one coming. I didn't expect that."

. . .

This isn't the first headache with outside-the-Octagon issues Jones has given the UFC. The champ was busted for DWI in 2012. He plead out and didn't receive any jail time.

"He's been a bit of a handful," White said. "He's a young with an extreme amount of talent and has done some incredible things, but he's been a bit of a handful."

. . .

White said he believes Jones when he says he's going to clean up his life, moving from upstate New York to Albuquerque, N.M., to train full time at Jackson-Winklejohn MMA.

"This kid probably has $15 million in the bank," White said. "He was living in his hometown. All his buddies that he grew up with were hanging out with them every day. He's made this commitment now to move down to Albuquerque, N.M., where he trains and he's gonna stay in sharp year round. He seems like he has all the right intentions, but we'll find out."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/1...es-theres-definitely-something-wrong-if-youre

"but we'll find out" is right.

lots of folks get a DUI and do blow and are addicts.

and lots of folks get a DUI and do blow and party hard, and then stop when they feel like it.

Barkley got a DUI looking for an alley to fuck a hooker in. and he's back on TV. Jones keeps winning, keeps making $.

guess we'll find out. or won't.

Damn! 15 mil in the bank? Fuck Anderson silva money. it's all about dat Jon "blow" Jones money.

Sounds like he plans on straightening out. What's a dui here or there or some blow? Besides he did a whole day at least of rehab.

How the hell did Jon Jones get this good basically training seasonally? Sure his frame and overall size have been a big part of his success, but damn he became that dominant that young without even training full-time. Gotta give the man his due. Gus is the only chance Jones loses at lhw in my mind. After that he's just coasting.

As for the coke, Dana has a good point. He's either got a problem with coke or he's having a problem with focus, and I think he knows it too, hence the smart decision for his career to move to Albuquerque

How the hell did Jon Jones get this good basically training seasonally? Sure his frame and overall size have been a big part of his success, but damn he became that dominant that young without even training full-time. Gotta give the man his due. Gus is the only chance Jones loses at lhw in my mind. After that he's just coasting.

As for the coke, Dana has a good point. He's either got a problem with coke or he's having a problem with focus, and I think he knows it too, hence the smart decision for his career to move to Albuquerque

Jones saw the quote that said "hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work hard" and then found the guy who wrote that, snorted a line and elbowed him in the ribs

If he tested dirty while in training camp then how is living in Albuquerque full time gonna fix the problem?

"but we'll find out" is right.

lots of folks get a DUI and do blow and are addicts.

and lots of folks get a DUI and do blow and party hard, and then stop when they feel like it.

Barkley got a DUI looking for an alley to fuck a hooker in. and he's back on TV. Jones keeps winning, keeps making $.

guess we'll find out. or won't.

Charlie sheen has been living that sort of lifestyle for the last 25 years. Drugs, partying, women, hookers, you name it. He also had the the #1 rated tv show. made millions per episode. Was able to make it to work on a daily basis(pretty much) and now has another top rated tv show. Just because some guys like to party, doesn't mean they have a problem.. we just happen to live in a very very conservative, politically correct society. Where if you get drunk once, you're suddenly an alcoholic. haha

If he tested dirty while in training camp then how is living in Albuquerque full time gonna fix the problem?

Dana is implying his old friends were a bad influence on him. Which is probably true to a degree. However, if he wants Coke, there's plenty of it in Albuquerque and plenty of "new" friends he could make to do it with if he so chooses...

Yeah, nobody in New Mexico has access to cocaine...

wide.jpg

bump

(see what i did there!)

Not sure if the $15 million figure is accurate, but I would pissed as hell if I was a fighter and the promoter was talking publicly about my estimated personal finances. That's really bad form.

Back