Dana White: 'No problem' if Eddie Alvarez wants to finish career outside UFC

Dana chews you up and spits you out when you’re used and broken.

That is the way of the UFC. Thanks for getting brain damage on my program, now don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
What can he do differently? Severance package? Eddie was in control of his own career

Lol- at the end of the day, Eddie might be tough but he can't take a punch against elite of division.Dana will keep eddie at same pay or bump in wrong direction .

He didn't really say anything bad here, I don't think. Basically said he thinks if Eddie gets a better offer elsewhere, he should take it and harbors no ill will towards Eddie if he decides to do that.

So he basically said..Do what you want I am ok with either choice..

In comes the Dana hate.
He said “at the end of the day we are looking for young guys that want to be champions”. That’s something every fighter should remember before signing their next ufc contract.

It's not personal, just business...

Difficult to pass judgement on this approach by Dana until we see the contract offer provided to Alvarez.

This comment coupled with a £100,000/£100,000 fight contract for an old vet who always brings it on fight night? Cool.

This comment coupled with a £20,000/£20,000 deal? Shithouse behaviour.

Letting Eddie walk is silly but whatever. Eddie just like Moose and Rory are great main card slots but they let those guys go no problem

dana read trumps art of deal....its just posturing for better negotiations

I dont think alvarez has so much bargening tools in this one

Gambling on last fight of your contract and losing is bad, headlining the lowest rated UFC on FOX card all time, in your last fight, is damning

I've enjoyed his career. He's 35 and not sniffing the belt again. Dana will negotiate from this position. Eddie will think he's gonna win the belt back. They won't agree and he'll end up looking around, maybe he nds up in Bellator maybe back in the UFC. Either way Dana is not overpaying.

As usual, reading comprehension on Sherdog is lacking. There's nothing wrong or thread worthy with what DW said. It's a pretty respectful response. The part that gets panties in a bunch,
but Alvarez doesn’t necessarily fit the mold of what the UFC boss is looking for at this point
, wasn't said by DW. That is a quote from the WRITER.

Dana chews you up and spits you out when you’re used and broken.

That is the way of the UFC. Thanks for getting brain damage on my program, now don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Dana's so stupid. You don't let exciting fighters walk. You just don't.

Did I read something different from what you guys read? He said he'd be happy to sign Eddie to another contract but no hard feelings if he wants to avoid further brain damage against lesser competition in another promotion. It's an offer with no force or pressure. Could either of you please give an example of a more reasonable position Dana could have taken here?

Eddie is clearly on the downside of his career and whether fairly or unfairly, has kinda become a joke despite being a former world champion after getting clowned by Conor, not too different than what Anderson did to Forrest. He's going to claim a big payday despite not being a threat to become world champion again. He might not be worth it to the UFC depending on what he's looking for. He's certainly a good gatekeeper and a fight night tier headliner though.

At this point, I think, Chandler runs through Eddie if he goes back to Bellator.

Dana makes me sick sometimes. He’s shitting Eddie who is one of the best fighters in his division, which also happens to be the best division in the UFC which makes him one of the best fighters in the world.

Translation: if you want to resign for less money great, I’ll be richer, if not go somewhere else, I don’t care. Thanks for getting you brains knocked in.

Back