Dana white needs to stop calling his employees “kids”

He's selling his product to the public as some young hungry musclebound oiled studs to attract a certain demographic it seems. Just an observation... I'm only here to see people fight.

He is from Boston, having worked with 2 guys who were originally from Boston, they all say Kid.. too everyone. I used to call them kid back sometimes, no offense taken, they just say it automatically.
I am from Boston and have lived here forever. You are very correct. The majority of people say it.

How Boomer of him

Maybe im old and dont get it but it seems like a silly thing to get offended by.

Offense is taken, not given - so its up to each individual adult he's calling "kid" to decide how they feel.

Either way, my point specifically is that it comes off passive aggressive. Think of the overall milieu of how Dana White treats fighters to give it some context.

funny because "the stud" is now known as the "male" in a lesbian relationship.
I just learned about this a few days ago. A stud that cannot impregnate... Seems legit. The animal kingdom called and it wants it's term back.

And studs.
they’re grown ass men. Just watched an interview where he called DC, age 40, a kid. Just preposterous at this point.

“Who knows with that kid”
“That kid is a stud”

Yeah that's very normal here. It says adolescent but that's not how it's used here, everyone's kid. So funny you get fired up about it lol. If you traveled outside of moms basement you'd learn some places have words they use differently (jk..mostly)

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Glossary_of_Boston_slang#K

K
  • kid - referred to a person, adolescent. Term of endearment to a friend "What's up kid?" or as said in Boston "Whatup kid?"

He didn't take all that HGH for nothing.

Its weird, he is talking about guys in their 30's most of the times, disrespect? Nah, but its still weird, its promoter "lingo" i guess.

Its something the fertitas brothers advised him so the fighters would know their place and do what they're told without bitching about it, like a kid.

And studs.
they’re grown ass men. Just watched an interview where he called DC, age 40, a kid. Just preposterous at this point.

“Who knows with that kid”
“That kid is a stud”
Does this issue bother you deeply?

Reading your post reminded me of something else that I read recently; one characteristic of an overly opulent, safe, and spoiled society is that the people would begin to elevate very small and trivial issues into large crises and controversies.

Back