Dana White MEDIA SCRUM: Khabib/Tony is not happening, Khabib is the guy at 155, Aldo wants Khabib

So he's ducking whoever he doesn't sign to fight? You realize with that same logic he could sign to fight Aldo, then be ducking Ferguson and the rest of the contenders, right?
He wants a title shot. He was offered an interim title shot vs Aldo. He ducked.

Spin and spin and spin, facts don't change just because they're inconvenient for you.

Winner of Ferguson/Aldo vs winner of Khabib/Conor

lol @ people calling out the TS regarding something Dana said.

"Khabib is NOT the man!!!". GTFO

Why should we have an interim belt when the champ isn't injured and hasn't defended his belt?

Sick of the interim belts. Its like the belt doesnt mean anything anymore.
Because he's sitting out for a while. An interim belt means literally nothing other than that whoever holds the interim belt will face the champion in the next title fight. If Khabib wants that title shot, winning the interim belt is the fastest and most bullet-proof way to get it. He's been burned before, but if he's holding an interim belt they have to give him the shot. It makes sense for his career. And yet he declined.

Then, right after declining, he said that "no one wants to fight me" - except for, you know, the guy who wanted to fight him and he declined.

Interesting, no?

Spin and spin and spin, facts don't change just because they're inconvenient for you.
what about Khabib wanting to fight Tony.. ur spinning that

Interim titles are BS.

when GSP and Silva were champs, interim titles were rarely heard of

now thanks to Conor, its a weekly thing to see an interim belt being defended

how about Conor defends his belt against the #1 contender like every other champion so that top fighters from other divisions like Aldo don't have to come in and create a fake title for him while hes busy spending his money on cars

Obvious business move, Dana is just saying shit so that fighters don't demand more money to fight. Tony clearly wants more money, so now "Aldo is in the radar" vs Khabib and not Tony. He's putting pressure on Tony. Dana might be a fucking lying goof, but he's a good businessman, he knows what he's doing.

Interim titles are BS.

how about Conor defends his belt against the #1 contender like every other champion so that top fighters from other divisions like Aldo don't have to come in and create a fake title for him while hes busy spending his money on cars
That's wonderful, but you know that's not happening. You can hate it, you can despise it - it doesn't matter. How you feel about the reality of the situation does not change the situation. So because this is the situation we're in now, how about we deal with it instead of just ranting the same things over and over again?

Because he's sitting out for a while. An interim belt means literally nothing other than that whoever holds the interim belt will face the champion in the next title fight. If Khabib wants that title shot, winning the interim belt is the fastest and most bullet-proof way to get it. He's been burned before, but if he's holding an interim belt they have to give him the shot. It makes sense for his career. And yet he declined.

Then, right after declining, he said that "no one wants to fight me" - except for, you know, the guy who wanted to fight him and he declined.

Interesting, no?

I think Conor fans don't want to see their boy get smashed so they're trying to get their boy to avoid Khabib.

Interim titles are BS.

Firstly, list me 5 interim belts that have been defended in the past year.

Secondly, so you want Conor to fight Ferg since he's the #1 contender instead of Khabib? We're all okay with that, meanwhile Khabib still ducked a title shot again someone from the weight class below him.

Conor managed to create chaos in two different divisions and now all of them are at each others throats

I agree. Ferguson wants a title shot. He wants that pay day. He was offered the opportunity to get it, but he won't sign the fight. He's ducking. Those are facts. What you're doing is spinning the facts to fit your narrative.

You're looking at this through Ferguson colored glasses, probably tainted by your bias of how you THINK the sport should be run, but a lot of your logic just falls flat on it's head.

I think Conor fans don't want to see their boy get smashed so they're trying to get their boy to avoid Khabib.
Actually, I want to see that fight. I've said from the beginning I want to see Conor fight Khabib. And yet, here's Khabib's chance to guarantee himself that title shot, and he's turning it down.

That doesn't make sense, and no matter how you try and turn it around on Conor or his fans, Khabib is ducking Aldo. Period.

Dana is lying to the media in order to get Ferg to agree to the fight. But it is good to see him doing a scrum again - although we know that this will not be a regular occurrence unless the new based owners tell him to. :)

Clearly. There is no way in hell Aldo is getting an interim title fight at 155. Khabib will fight Ferguson.

Firstly, list me 5 interim belts that have been defended in the past year.

Secondly, so you want Conor to fight Ferg since he's the #1 contender instead of Khabib? We're all okay with that, meanwhile Khabib still ducked a title shot again someone from the weight class below him.

No.... I said I want Conor to defend his belt. He is the champion, Aldo isn't. If he defends it against the winner of Khabib/Tony thats fine.

I just dont want interim titles.

People shouldn't have to fight fake champions for a fake belt because the true champion is running scared

Actually, I want to see that fight. I've said from the beginning I want to see Conor fight Khabib. And yet, here's Khabib's chance to guarantee himself that title shot, and he's turning it down.

That doesn't make sense, and no matter how you try and turn it around on Conor or his fans, Khabib is ducking Aldo. Period.

the only one turning any actual fight down is Conor with his "pull out merchant" talk. which is codeword for "i dont wanna fight that guy"

I agree. Ferguson wants a title shot. He wants that pay day. He was offered the opportunity to get it, but he won't sign the fight. He's ducking. Those are facts. What you're doing is spinning the facts to fit your narrative.

You're looking at this through Ferguson colored glasses, probably tainted by your bias of how you THINK the sport should be run, but a lot of your logic just falls flat on it's head.
Er...what?

Khabib wants a title shot. He turns down a title shot vs Aldo. That's "ducking"

Not sure where you're getting anything else from, or what you're even talking about regarding how I "think the sport should be run" - I'm talking about facts. You and the other Khabib fans are the ones spinning this shit like it's a fucking carousel. Then you call my "logic" into question - with literally no examples, of course - and resort to personal insults and Sherdog armchair psychology.

You're really something special, aren't you?

Er...what?

Khabib wants a title shot. He turns down a title shot vs Aldo. That's "ducking"

Not sure where you're getting anything else from, or what you're even talking about regarding how I "think the sport should be run" - I'm talking about facts. You and the other Khabib fans are the ones spinning this shit like it's a fucking carousel. Then you call my "logic" into question - with literally no examples, of course - and resort to personal insults and Sherdog armchair psychology.

You're really something special, aren't you?
project much?

Back