Dana White MEDIA SCRUM: Khabib/Tony is not happening, Khabib is the guy at 155, Aldo wants Khabib

You're right, ranking ultimately doesn't matter. But since we here on Sherdog like to pretend that it does, I see no argument for putting Khabib over Ferguson. Ferguson has no history of repeated, severe injuries, he's proven himself against top fighters, his style is far more exciting imo, and he's not shit-talking everyone while unable to fight and he hasn't ducked anyone - Khabib is pretty clearly ducking Aldo at this point.

I don't see a good argument either, but I don't see a good argument for a lot of things teh UFC does. They're installing their narrative, and that's how they're going to play it. I personally hope they're bullshitting and FergusonKhabib gets made, but it is what it is.

If you recall, there have been several times where Khabib had tried to fight ranked guys, but no one would sign to fight him. There was a period of time where Khabib couldn't even get an opponent, and then by the time he did, he got injured.
But even this is nonsense. Aldo wants to fight him right now, and he's ducking Aldo. He's great at calling people out when he's injured and can't fight, but it doesn't seem to me like he has any real drive to fight top-ranked contenders and prove himself. If he's the best in the division, he should jump on the chance to fight a guy that was P4P top 3 for half a decade. Ducking a fighter from a weight class lower than you is not a good look, and no amount of spin from Khabib or his fans can change the fact that he's turning down a fight with a proven great.

Aldo beats Khabib. Conor doesn't. Conor beats Aldo at 155lb. Best thing for Conor is for Aldo to get the Russian.
Are you sure? Khabib is a monster sized LW who wrestles with HWs.

He has had trouble making 155lbs, several times. I think the size might play a huge role in a fight against Aldo.

Aldo is a scary matchup though

What a joke. Lightweight is quickly moving from my favorite division to least favorite, thanks to all the bullshit and politics.

But even this is nonsense. Aldo wants to fight him right now, and he's ducking Aldo. He's great at calling people out when he's injured and can't fight, but it doesn't seem to me like he has any real drive to fight top-ranked contenders and prove himself. If he's the best in the division, he should jump on the chance to fight a guy that was P4P top 3 for half a decade. Ducking a fighter from a weight class lower than you is not a good look, and no amount of spin from Khabib or his fans can change the fact that he's turning down a fight with a proven great.

He signed to fight Ferguson and Ferguson won't do it for whatever reason. I don't understand how you're spinning it as if Khabib doesn't want to fight top guys when he's the one who signed to fight the top guy.

I don't see a good argument either, but I don't see a good argument for a lot of things teh UFC does. They're installing their narrative, and that's how they're going to play it. I personally hope they're bullshitting and FergusonKhabib gets made, but it is what it is.
I want to see Khabib fight a top fighter, whether it's Aldo or Ferguson doesn't really matter to me. He wants the shot? Earn it. Isn't that what we've been hearing from these same Khabib fans for years? "Earn it!" they said when Conor wanted a title shot after beating Poirier and Siver.

Well, Khabib, now it's your turn.

Go. Look. At. Their. Fucking. Records.
khabib. has that -0 ferg has that -i just got beat the fuck up how did i win column and a loss column. i remember watiching lando who the fuck is that LIGHTING ferg up. and ferg has those long arms that saved him with a flukey darce on more than 1 occasion. yeah tony pulls wins out. yeah tony ferg did look great at altitude. "imo most impressed i have ever been by tony." but when has he ever looked like a world beater/elite fighter? he just looks like a guy who wins on heart n cardio. which is all it is. khabib is the guy at 155. i dont like khabib much. but i cant deny him being the guy. kinda like how i dont like gsp. but he is still the fucking goat ww. i wont even try to argue it. but til khabib fights consistently and beating top 5 guys wearing belt and speaking english he wont be loved here...

ps khabib murders ferg. and wont get choked ever by ferg

So weird. Tony just beat RDA, Khabib just beat MJ. I would think Tony is the man.

I'd like to see that fight too.

But Aldo is not ranked at LW and got knocked out by the guy holding the belt. I think this Khabib wanting to fight someone who is close to the belt at LW or for the belt at LW.

Its not the same as refusing to fight a #2 or #3 guy to me.

He signed to fight Ferguson and Ferguson won't do it for whatever reason. I don't understand how you're spinning it as if Khabib doesn't want to fight top guys when he's the one who signed to fight the top guy.
He signed to fight Ferguson, but ducked Aldo. He was offered an interim LW championship fight with Aldo and he declined.

Ferguson wants to be paid. He's the #1 ranked contender in the division and he's making less than guys ranked in the top 15. I think he's earned a decent pay day, especially since he's making less than Khabib, and Khabib was sitting out for 2+ years while Ferguson was working his way up the rankings.

what does that make RDA and the others that Khabib outlanded standing and outstruck?

All that means is that they were afraid of the takedown which opened up Khabib's limited striking a little bit. Aldo has no fear there and would eat Khabib alive standing.

Ok I've officially just jumped on the dana hatewagon. No Ferg/Khabib? Fucking GOOF

Lol, first they wanted Aldo to take out Frankie for Conor, now they want him to take out Khabib too.

Dana is lying to the media in order to get Ferg to agree to the fight. But it is good to see him doing a scrum again - although we know that this will not be a regular occurrence unless the new based owners tell him to. :)

Not just that but every thing he says most likely has an angle.

Outing Werdum for asking for a better paycheck putting the fans on him because he didn't gave them a fight because he is 'greedy' lol.

Trying to angle Aldo to have a try at Khabib.. what is that bald goof really thinking ? that worst case he just keep Khabib busy and best case Aldo gets a win ? (by the way it won't happen he will smash Aldo very badly he is being silly for asking for this fight the only fight at 155 he should ask for is Conor)

Shiting on Cain only just a little cause don't do it to much or they will say it's because of the union but be sure like all of them from that group have a nice target on their backs.

Implying he won't call Conor and bow down to his demands he needs to come to him and they will "talk".

Letting other fighter know that they can't ask for the same shit Ronda asked for this card in terms of media obligations.

Sucking off his boss uuu his in this for months and all he did was make a phone call to Fox to get a card to air oh my such contributions.

Etc etc.. I'm to old and to jaded to fall for this bullshit angle of his.

But Aldo is not ranked at LW and got knocked out by the guy holding the belt. I think this Khabib wanting to fight someone who is close to the belt at LW or for the belt at LW.

An interim LW title fight doesn't count as being "close to the title" in your opinion? Really?

He signed to fight Ferguson, but ducked Aldo. He was offered an interim LW championship fight with Aldo and he declined.

Ferguson wants to be paid. He's the #1 ranked contender in the division and he's making less than guys ranked in the top 15. I think he's earned a decent pay day, especially since he's making less than Khabib, and Khabib was sitting out for 2+ years while Ferguson was working his way up the rankings.

So he's ducking whoever he doesn't sign to fight? You realize with that same logic he could sign to fight Aldo, then be ducking Ferguson and the rest of the contenders, right?

An interim LW title fight doesn't count as being "close to the title" in your opinion? Really?
Why should we have an interim belt when the champ isn't injured and hasn't defended his belt?

Sick of the interim belts. Its like the belt doesnt mean anything anymore.

khabib. has that -0 ferg has that -i just got beat the fuck up how did i win column and a loss column. i remember watiching lando who the fuck is that LIGHTING ferg up. and ferg has those long arms that saved him with a flukey darce on more than 1 occasion. yeah tony pulls wins out. yeah tony ferg did look great at altitude. "imo most impressed i have ever been by tony." but when has he ever looked like a world beater/elite fighter? he just looks like a guy who wins on heart n cardio. which is all it is. khabib is the guy at 155. i dont like khabib much. but i cant deny him being the guy. kinda like how i dont like gsp. but he is still the fucking goat ww. i wont even try to argue it. but til khabib fights consistently and beating top 5 guys wearing belt and speaking english he wont be loved here...

ps khabib murders ferg. and wont get choked ever by ferg
lol wow alright delusional Khabib fan. Let me break it down for you so you can stop looking like an ignorant moron.

Khabib sat out with injuries for 2.5 years. During that time, Ferguson was winning fights. He's currently the #1 ranked contender in the division. In the past 2 years, Khabib has fought twice. He beat Horcher, who isn't even ranked, and he beat Johnson, which is a good win. Ferguson has better wins over better competition during that time period.

If you honestly, truly believe that Khabib deserves a shot after beating an unranked guy, you honestly have no room to talk shit about Conor ever again.

He turned down an interim title shot which is the biggest fight outside of Conor he could have asked for, he ducked Aldo with good reason.

Back