Dana White MEDIA SCRUM: Khabib/Tony is not happening, Khabib is the guy at 155, Aldo wants Khabib

not comparable. khabib couldn't be active like Tony because he got injured
Yes. Exactly. Khabib has fought 2 times in the past 2.5 years. You cannot make any kind of claim that he's above Tony Ferguson in that division - Ferguson has been fighting the best, Khabib fought Horcher and Johnson.

Oh, but of course there was no outrage that Khabib was "offered" the LW title shot off a win over Horcher. The same people supporting Khabib then were the ones saying Conor hadn't earned his shot with a win over Poirier or Siver.

Funny, that.

Dana is such a fucking retard of a fight promoter sometimes. Seriously dude tell me all about how the guys you are trying to sell as the toughest/most skilled fighters in the world are surprisingly giant pussies.

I'm just telling you what Dana said. He said people in the division look at Khabib as the guy, and followed up with Aldo wants to fight Khabib for the interim belt.

But of course it would also be his only way to a belt, and eventually yes, a fight with Conor

My reply was based on you making it sound like Conor is an option for Aldo right now, but he's choosing Khabib instead. ...if that isn't what you meant, then never mind.

Yes. Exactly. Khabib has fought 2 times in the past 2.5 years. You cannot make any kind of claim that he's above Tony Ferguson in that division - Ferguson has been fighting the best, Khabib fought Horcher and Johnson.

Oh, but of course there was no outrage that Khabib was "offered" the LW title shot off a win over Horcher. The same people supporting Khabib then were the ones saying Conor hadn't earned his shot with a win over Poirier or Siver.

Funny, that.
I believe its because before Khabib got injured, he was supposed to fight Pettis for the belt. so he had already pretty much earned his title shot

he got injured, and the guy he beat (RDA) got the shot against Pettis instead, months after Khabib beat him

So he already earned a shot, but got dealt a shitty hand. Put yourself in his shoes.

Funny, that.
As much as we'd like to believe that that ind of stuff matters... it doesn't. For whatever reason the UFC is installing Khabib as the guy. For whatever reason they are telling us that he is more valuable to them than Ferguson is. We all know how this "sport" works, Ferguson is getting the raw end of a bad deal here but it's probably a little on him.

Let Aldo finally do something to prove his worth.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Aldo
GOAT is back, give him KHABIB, or give Khabib Aldo

strong fight

I believe its because before Khabib got injured, he was supposed to fight Pettis for the belt. so he had already pretty much earned his title shot
And then he sat out as long as Cruz did. Difference is, Cruz was already champion when he was injured. Khabib wasn't. He shouldn't get to "save his place," especially when his first fight back was a win over fucking Horcher of all people - he's literally not even ranked.

Half of more the shit he says he does it just so he positions himself better for the negotiations or what ever angle he has working.

This aren't about the "fans" this is him "leaking" info he wants out and doing stuff for his own reasons then going "oh bu hu hu I will be in trouble cause I said this but here".

Kind of. Aldo has the absolute perfect skillset to beat khabib. Amazing tdd, and great standup
Yeah, but Khabib is a monster.
I like the fact that Aldo wants to go after Conor thru winning fights against the best rather than just talking.

Lol, first they wanted Aldo to take out Frankie for Conor, now they want him to take out Khabib too.

As much as we'd like to believe that that ind of stuff matters... it doesn't. For whatever reason the UFC is installing Khabib as the guy. For whatever reason they are telling us that he is more valuable to them than Ferguson is. We all know how this "sport" works, Ferguson is getting the raw end of a bad deal here but it's probably a little on him.
You're right, ranking ultimately doesn't matter. But since we here on Sherdog like to pretend that it does, I see no argument for putting Khabib over Ferguson. Ferguson has no history of repeated, severe injuries, he's proven himself against top fighters, his style is far more exciting imo, and he's not shit-talking everyone while unable to fight and he hasn't ducked anyone - Khabib is pretty clearly ducking Aldo at this point.

Dana is lying to the media in order to get Ferg to agree to the fight. But it is good to see him doing a scrum again - although we know that this will not be a regular occurrence unless the new based owners tell him to. :)

Yeah, but Khabib is a monster.
I like the fact that Aldo wants to go after Conor thru winning fights against the best rather than just talking.
It's sad that people have been shitting on Aldo since the Conor fight. Aldo has always been the kind of guy who wants to do things the "proper" way. He's been burned pretty badly as a result, but I respect that he's still trying to earn his way to a fight with Conor rather than just talking shit the way some people (i.e. Khabib) do.

And then he sat out as long as Cruz did. Difference is, Cruz was already champion when he was injured. Khabib wasn't. He shouldn't get to "save his place," especially when his first fight back was a win over fucking Horcher of all people - he's literally not even ranked.
Its not always under his control.

If you recall, there have been several times where Khabib had tried to fight ranked guys, but no one would sign to fight him. There was a period of time where Khabib couldn't even get an opponent, and then by the time he did, he got injured.

Its happening even now with Tony Ferguson, who can claim its a money issue, but we know he wants the red panty night against Conor. Khabib signed, Tony wont.

Same with Alvarez, who Dana ended up using Khabib to get Alvarez to accept less money against Conor.

I don't think this whole thing is under his control 100%. Hes been trying to get a fight with Tony.

Aldo beats Khabib. Conor doesn't. Conor beats Aldo at 155lb. Best thing for Conor is for Aldo to get the Russian.

Back