Dana White: "Mayweather is the greatest boxer EVER"

You get under it by bobbing-and-weaving the way a PRIME Mike Tyson circa 1986 to 1988 would have been able to. (Don't bring up the shell-of-Tyson against Lennox in 2002.)

6'1" Ray Mercer did pretty darn good against 6'5" Lennox's jab, and Mercer almost had that fight against Lennox. Ray foolishly took that last rd off believing he was ahead on pts. That last rd decided who won the fight and who lost.

Marciano stood 5'10

Do you agree with this assessment? Dont ask for proof, I am not lying, and the interview is somewhere on youtube, I cant find it. But he is asked to describe random ppl with one sentence. And when the interviewer asks Mayweather, Dana says "greatest boxer ever"

So do you agree with Dana? If not, where do you rank pretty boy?

He's setting himself up for a 'look how boring the best boxer eva is' press release.

I don't know why anyone would take Dana White seriously when it comes to anything. All of his statements are based solely on the interests of the UFC.

He's about as credible as Vince McMahon.

No question about it.

This is particularly true in his statements regarding the style of prizefighting he dreams of replacing with his product.

Former Boxercise instructors have teh knowledges of boxing.

Teddy Atlas would disagree and I agree with Teddy...

It's difficult to compare fighters from different generations. Fighter like Ray Robinson and Ali will always have fans forever. However at this moment in time Mayweather is untouchable and has very little else to prove.

that's something else. Today's athletes overall are bigger, stronger, faster.

How would you guys compare arguments between today's boxers and yesteryear's boxers and arguments between today's football teams and yesteryear's football teams?

See, those are team sports though. Overall, the old teams would get smashed, but Jim Brown would be great in any generation. Just like alot of the older great fighters...

Back