Dana White: "Mayweather is the greatest boxer EVER"

Marciano was a bad man.. but in todays heavyweight division, all his heart would go for nothing.

that's something else. Today's athletes overall are bigger, stronger, faster.

How would you guys compare arguments between today's boxers and yesteryear's boxers and arguments between today's football teams and yesteryear's football teams?

that's something else. Today's athletes overall are bigger, stronger, faster.

How would you guys compare arguments between today's boxers and yesteryear's boxers and arguments between today's football teams and yesteryear's football teams?

No comparison with the bigger guys...outside of pure mental toughness that is. James Brown bit off somebodies finger once!!!!!!!!! and didnt get suspended.

No comparison with the bigger guys...outside of pure mental toughness that is. James Brown bit off somebodies finger once!!!!!!!!! and didnt get suspended.

Well then Tyson got hosed!!!!!

QFT, its so annoying to see guys like Bert Sugar think Marciano would annhilate Lennox Lewis...aint no 5'8 guy beating a 6'5 guy in boxing

I don't know if Bert Sugar actually said that, but the 5'10

lol.. I aint saying it was right.. it was a different time though.. and the times made for men that viewed the loss of a finger as a minor inconvenience

Be as it may, Lewis still wins in a boxing match. Lemme know how a 5'9-10 guy gets through that jab

You get under it by bobbing-and-weaving the way a PRIME Mike Tyson circa 1986 to 1988 would have been able to. (Don't bring up the shell-of-Tyson against Lennox in 2002.)

6'1" Ray Mercer did pretty darn good against 6'5" Lennox's jab, and Mercer almost had that fight against Lennox. Ray foolishly took that last rd off believing he was ahead on pts. That last rd decided who won the fight and who lost.

Marciano stood 5'10

I dont know is hes the greatest ever, but i would put him as the best in my generation. RJJ lost a few fights to tarver and the other guy, i dont even know his name. therefore he cant be considered the best until mayweather gets a loss u cant argue about him being the best

I dont know is hes the greatest ever, but i would put him as the best in my generation. RJJ lost a few fights to tarver and the other guy, i dont even know his name. therefore he cant be considered the best until mayweather gets a loss u cant argue about him being the best

See what Mayweather looks like when he gets to Roy's age. You can't judge a fighter by the end of his career. It's just not an accurate way to do it.

Based on skill alone, Mayweather is as good as I have seen.

But greatness is all about who you spark off with. Mayweather doesn't have a Frazier, Leonard, Haggler, Duran, etc to get that spark of greatness.

Once Mayweather gets in there against some other really great fighter, he will always be a bit behind some other boxers...

Honestly, I think fighting Cotto could give him that spark. Maybe that, in addition to Hatton again, ODLH again, and Mosley. He still has time to fight each of these guys before his age will catch him.

I think that was from OTR, interview by Michael Lansberg in Canada.

You cant judge a fighter out of prime. WTF is wrong with you? So Holmes destroyed the best ALI? Mayweather is in his prime, we will see how he doesn in 5 years

I dont even think he's the best for our time. Roy Jones was clearly more dominant than Floyd.

Dana is on crack.

Your on crack.

you must be toot hink RJJ's level of compeition has been up there wit floyds. dont tell me you think that.

Name one fighter that Floyd faced that is better than James Toney.. go ahead.. Ill hit the crackpipe while I wait... than after that you can tell me one fighter that Floyd has faced that's better than Hopkins... Then after that you can tell me how you think Floyd would fair at Lheavy against Glen Johnson or anybody in the top 5 there. That would be a comparible feet to Jones facing Ruiz

Prime Jones Jr was the best I've seen in my lifetime (a mere 20 some odd years) and I wouldn't put him top 10 of all-time.

interesting, now having thought about it, I'd have to admit that jones in his prime was better than mayweather, it was almost boring watching roy in his prime years fight, he wasn't tested. but since we've seen what heppened when he slowed down that colors some people's view of him. it will be interesting to see what happens to floyd when that otherworldly sense of rolling the shoulders is retarded by slower reaction times, if he fights that long. I suspect if he does, and he's slowed down he'll be victim of some highlight reel ko's.

Back