Dana White landed in Moscow, is discussing a future UFC event with..

I want to see a Ukrainian vs a Russian guy. That would be awesome.

Vitaly Mutko.

So it looks like UFC may eventually come to Russia in 2017.

What would be your ideal card?

I wouldn't trust any outcomes in any event in Russia. But that's just me.

inb4 vadim steps in in short notice and replaces vitaly

Fedor vs Lesnar
Conor vs Khabib
Undercard: who cares

July 2017

FUCKING DO IT

(yes I know this will never happen)

Dana has a weird drive

Guy made millons of dollars all his partners cashed out and for some reason he is still flying to Russia to try to get deals done. Either he really loves the sport or he just is to motivated of a person to change what he does. I don't always respect the choices he makes but that guy must live nonstop on the road for years now

no way in hell would mcgregor agree to defend his belt in Russia. you seriously even think thats an option?
You don't think the little shithead might have some rocky sized slaying the commies fantasy he needs to fulfill? I mean it's not likely but...

With who?

Tony vs Khabib
and then all the other Russians vs EU/USA fighters.

Edit; Mairbek Taisumov definitely needs to be on it! What's up with him? Only fought once in 2016 but he's a beast. 4 fight winstreak all finishes. If he fought a little bit more he would probably be a contender by now.
USA refused to give Taisumov American visa. And I think he asked UFC around September to give him a fight and they said that their European/non-American cards already booked until 2017.
Edit: and obviously he didn't fought for some time because of Ramadan.

Probably will end up being headlined by some chump like that heavyweight with the moustache. UFC puts no effort into European cards.

The Ufc almost always uses as much local talent as possible since most European countries have shit fighters they get shit cards.

Russia, on the other hand, has numerous great fighters.

Khabib, Arlovski, Krylov, Tumenov, Volkov, Khabib, Rashid, Khabilov all should be on the card and guys like Goltsov, Minakov and Pavlovich could be signed for the card

You don't think the little shithead might have some rocky sized slaying the commies fantasy he needs to fulfill? I mean it's not likely but...

McGregor will never headline a fight outside the US. The Ufc loses tens of millions of dollars if he does

Mousasi was also in Russia a few days back. If Khabib vs Ferguson fight doesnt happen i think mousasi will headline the main event

giphy.gif

With who?

Tony vs Khabib
and then all the other Russians vs EU/USA fighters.

Edit; Mairbek Taisumov definitely needs to be on it! What's up with him? Only fought once in 2016 but he's a beast. 4 fight winstreak all finishes. If he fought a little bit more he would probably be a contender by now.

Nurmagomedov vs Ferguson
Mousasi vs Whittaker/Weidman
Khabilov vs Kevin Lee
Magomedov vs Trinaldo/Vanatta
Volkov vs Walt harris/Hamilton
Taisumov vs Bobby Green/Duffy
Tumenov vs Emil Meek
Akhmedov vs Medeiros
Ali Bagutinov vs Pettis
Krylov vs Latifi

Nurmagomedov vs Ferguson
Mousasi vs Whittaker/Weidman
Khabilov vs Kevin Lee
Magomedov vs Trinaldo/Vanatta
Volkov vs Walt harris/Hamilton
Taisumov vs Bobby Green/Duffy
Tumenov vs Emil Meek
Akhmedov vs Medeiros
Ali Bagutinov vs Pettis
Krylov vs Latifi
The 'with who' was about this man Vitaly Mutko. I can make a card with Russian/Dagestani fighters, I would only need to look up every name before typing it out.

USA refused to give Taisumov American visa. And I think he asked UFC around September to give him a fight and they said that their European/non-American cards already booked until 2017.
Edit: and obviously he didn't fought for some time because of Ramadan.

Do you know the reason why they didn't want to give him a visa? He's a fighter that I most of the time I forgot about because he doesn't fight that much, but when you see him it's like 'oooh right that's that guy, can't wait to see him back'.

Shut up if you don't know. being ignorant is nothing to be proud of

Two 2016 Sherdoggers going at it tooth and nail. Understand 9 out of 10 new users that sign up here are either complete and total trolls, or are experienced Sherdog posters that lost their "primary" accounts. (Too stupid to add to a real MMA discussion, or too gun shy to attempt to post seriously!)

Don't get caught in their web. Let them have their moment in the sun, and send them the hug they so desperately need.

Back