Dana White: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson Targeted For UFC Event April 18th in Brooklyn

Who Wins?

• Khabib Nurmagomedov

• Tony Ferguson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Something has to give here. My gut says khabib will overestimate himself, more likely than tony will break. The one thing that's not really fair to tony is i guarantee he will have to beat khabib twice. The dude is undefeated and i just don't one loss derailing the hype.

#d'arceknightrises
Except Khabib doesn't have to "break" Ferguson, he only needs to control or sub him. Ferguson was controlled on the ground by inferior grapplers like Castillo and Lee. A submission over an overly aggressive opponent who likes to scramble a lot is also far from impossible and at this point Khabib has already proven that he is the superior grappler, since he outgrappled both Poirier and RDA, both of whom are better grapplers than anyone Ferguson has actually grappled with.

Except Khabib doesn't have to "break" Ferguson, he only needs to control or sub him. Ferguson was controlled on the ground by inferior grapplers like Castillo and Lee. A submission over an overly aggressive opponent who likes to scramble a lot is also far from impossible and at this point Khabib has already proven that he is the superior grappler, since he outgrappled both Poirier and RDA, both of whom are better grapplers than anyone Ferguson has actually grappled with.

5 rounds controlling a man without breaking his will is a tall order

having khabib vs tony in russia makes no sense for ufc
they want the event in russia for the conor rematch.

conor vs khabib in russia will be bigger than khabib vs tony since conor is more well known there and khabib's people hate him.
conor rematch will sell much better than the tony fight.

khabib vs tony is just a great mma fight
conor vs khabib is very personal

5 rounds controlling a man without breaking his will is a tall order
He needs to control him only for 3 and then he can coast the other two losing 9-10 by fighting defensively and avoiding getting finished.

A really tall order
Yeah, sure, Khabib will have trouble controlling a guy on the ground who was controlled by Castillo. On the feet, Khabib has the best striking defense out of any opponent Ferguson has ever fought and Ferguson is not exactly a knockout artist. Since Ferguson relies on accumulation of punches to do damage, it is a much "taller order" for Ferguson to finish Khabib on the feet than for Khabib to avoid getting finished.

If this was last year, I wouldve said Tony, but fuck he's getting older, and Khabib is only getting better.

LETS FUCKING GO....again

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Jesus, I hope this fight finally happens. Best fight in LW history. Can't choose between these two, both are awesome.

Why is this almost 6 fucking months away? Are they fucking insane? What is the likelihood that somebody gets hurt between now and then? Book it for tomorrow. This fight has a small window of opportunity

Why is this almost 6 fucking months away? Are they fucking insane? What is the likelihood that somebody gets hurt between now and then? Book it for tomorrow. This fight has a small window of opportunity

Its amost december and khabib needs 100 days for camp he said. We are 1 month away from commencement of camp.

Time goes fast. Dustin fight was also announced 5 months prior

Khabib via Unanimous decision btw. I hope Tony pulls it off for the shit storm it would create on sherdog. I just don't see a clear cut way for Tony to win

After he did my boys Dustin & Conor like that, I just can't deny the man anymore.
Khabib-Nurmagomedov-18-696x399.png

Plus look at the size of that fuckin head + the structure of it. Can't be knocked out or rocked badly

it could take one punch.

i predict tony wins by knockout

plus dustin had him in the choke hold but couldnt finish it, if tony gets him in a choke its over

Last edited:
Seems like we have an unstoppable force vs. an immovable object type of scenario here.

However, remind yourself that with Tony it only takes 1 jab or elbow to do damage and Khabib is hittable. So I still stand by my point, he’ll make Khabib bleed.

Thats a proposal not a done fight agreement.

Back