Dana White: "[Jones] is asking to fight Cormier instead [of Gustafsson]"

PSX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"Just to clear up a couple things, people think we're in contract negotiations with Jon Jones - we're not. Jon Jones still has five fights left on his contract," White said Monday afternoon in an exclusive interview with UFC.com. "So what we're doing right now is trying to get him to sign the bout agreement for Gustafsson. He doesn't want to fight Gustafsson. ... Lorenzo and I have a meeting with Jones on Thursday to get him to sign the bout agreement, and he's asking to fight Cormier instead."

link: http://www.ufc.com/news/dana-downlo...ad&utm_source=15600&utm_medium=Facebook:+UFC&

Don't know why Jones is in such a rush to lose his title. I would favour him against Gus, but I definitely think Cormier beats him.

Oh man thanks for posting this! It's not like there's four other threads with the same headline in the first page

Good thing you didn't use the search function or your eyes.... otherwise you'd be embarrassed.

He should remember the last time he did something like this

Asked for Gus instead of Machida

And likely regretted it

This fight should happen.

He should remember the last time he did something like this

Asked for Gus instead of Machida

And likely regretted it

The saddest thing is you probably have actually fooled yourself into believing this shit. Yea man Jones really regretted taking that fight and winning... :rolleyes:

If Jones was asking for anyone else other than DC or Gus then I'd have a problem with it. However asking for the undefeated Olympic wrestler who had success at HW against tough veterns (something people on here say Jones can't possibly do) isn't a terrible thing. It is a very marketable fight and its not like there haven't already been words between DC and Jones leading up to this.

Good thing you didn't use the search function or your eyes.... otherwise you'd be embarrassed.

Yea well guess what. Me along with many others would miss out on certain things if multiple people didn't create threads. Relaxz.

The saddest thing is you probably have actually fooled yourself into believing this shit. Yea man Jones really regretted taking that fight and winning... :rolleyes:

If Jones was asking for anyone else other than DC or Gus then I'd have a problem with it. However asking for the undefeated Olympic wrestler who had success at HW against tough veterns (something people on here say Jones can't possibly do) isn't a terrible thing. It is a very marketable fight and its not like there haven't already been words between DC and Jones leading up to this.

Blah blah blah

Ain't reading that crap

Gus beat the hell out of Jones and arguably won, you don't stay the same after that but you learn and come back

I don't think Jones is ducking Gus he just wants to mess about and delay crap wasting DC and Gus time, just a tactic he would use

Both fights are tough for him but the fight that makes sense is the Gus fight right now, jones would rather have DC and hope someone knocks Gus out of title contentions and their a bigger chance Gus loses than DC if they were to wait and take another fight

There are like 27 threads about this shit. Thx Jonny. You're a totally legit diva.

Blah blah blah

Ain't reading that crap

Gus beat the hell out of Jones and arguably won, you don't stay the same after that but you learn and come back

I don't think Jones is ducking Gus he just wants to mess about and delay crap wasting DC and Gus time, just a tactic he would use

Yea you've been getting your ass handed to you a lot as such a butthurt Jones hater, and a Shogun/Wandy nutthugger. Why even post any more if you're just gonna be pathetic like that?

And Gus only won in the eyes of butthurt Jones haters and BJpenn dot com lol

Hey did you know Shogun Rua literally didn't land a single strike standing and not a single significant strike the entire fight against Chael Sonnen? Just some more stuff for you to contemplate.

This

Back