Dana White: Jones had 'the right to fight,' canceling Cormier fight was not an option

This was purely about money, The ethical thing to do would have been to inform DC and give him 25% of JJ's purse.

Dana always starts off with a sentence. "Listen...." or "Look...." "What people....." Throws in a couple "you fucken dummy"

and don't forget his cued lined for bullshit...

"Here's the thing..."

:redface:

Why would that have mattered?

"Hey DC, your opponent was caught having partied with cocaine a month before the fight, just so you know"

How stupid.

It's almost like I didn't say it wouldn't have affected the fight.

Reading is hard.

It's almost like I didn't say it wouldn't have affected the fight.

Reading is hard.

Why is it any of DC's business?

^ That was my broader point.

Hell, why was it anyone's business? They already stated they aren't supposed to test for recreational drugs out of competition.

This was purely about money, The ethical thing to do would have been to inform DC and give him 25% of JJ's purse.

you fuckin serious?

they had no basis to give him any of jj's purse. or inform him of the results of a test that should not have been administered or broke any ac rules.

Why is it any of DC's business?

^ That was my broader point.

Hell, why was it anyone's business? They already stated they aren't supposed to test for recreational drugs out of competition.

Well, I also said I'm not sure if DC had any right to know. Just that I'm sure he would appreciate having known.

Just, if I'm getting locked in a cage with someone who wants to hurt me ... I'd rather be told before than after that "Oh hey he's a different person than you thought he is"

Well, I also said I'm not sure if DC had any right to know. Just that I'm sure he would appreciate having known.

Just, if I'm getting locked in a cage with someone who wants to hurt me ... I'd rather be told before than after that "Oh hey he's a different person than you thought he is"

it's really none of his business. what does "different person than you thought he is" mean?

Someone should probably inform people that get in the cage with Cerrone that he enjoys a Budweiser from time-to-time as well.

Awwww Dana, poor baby.

You can kick out a judge in the middle of an event but can't do anything about a doping test a month in advance? hahaha.

Just drop your act and admit you're selling out. You fucking suck.

I Have no problem with the fight going on. What I do have a problem with is Jones not being notified by the commission or the UFC about his failed test, i also have a problem with the NSAC giving his test results to the Promotion in the first place. I didn't understand why the UFC was privy to Vitor's test results that the NSAC was unable to disclose for legal reasons last year either.

Also, I don't like Dana acting like he's all for Jones' best interest and getting help after the fight has taken place, since if he truly cared he would have tried to get Jones help soon as he discovered Jones was failing drug tests.

So Dana just confirmed DC was not told.

That isn't right. DC should have been told that he was fighting a confirmed cocaine user who also showed t/e level abnormalities in three of his tests. Then DC probably would have at the very least insisted on more in-depth testing. There is also a very slight chance he would decide not to continue with the fight but that would be his right.

That DC was not told is total BS I think. Who wouldn't want to know? The cocaine stuff is bad enough but what about the t/e levels.

Yeah, actually the proof is in the pudding! The first urine tests came out very suspicious because the testosterone levels were very low in ratio to the E levels, which means he took a masking agent. If not, then Jones should be on wheels with that level of low T! So the second test came better because the agent went to work to close the gap between both the T and the E levels. You should read about it.

Sorry we weren't talking about Jones but about an anecdote that MilesAbove posted about another fighter.

Dana is so full of shit. Jones was clearly in violation of the UFC's conduct policy, which was released after the Matt Mitrione debacle. To say he had a right to fight is utterly indefensible. No athlete in any sport in America has the right to compete when they've violated the conduct policy.

The fact of the matter is that the UFC has no standards of any kind, in any way shape or form.

So Dana just confirmed DC was not told.

That isn't right. DC should have been told that he was fighting a confirmed cocaine user who also showed t/e level abnormalities in three of his tests. Then DC probably would have at the very least insisted on more in-depth testing. There is also a very slight chance he would decide not to continue with the fight but that would be his right.

That DC was not told is total BS I think. Who wouldn't want to know? The cocaine stuff is bad enough but what about the t/e levels.

none of that is dc's call.

it's fair to question whether the ac handled the issue of the t/e correctly. but dc has nothing to do with it.

lol At a fighter once having lost the "right to fight" for skipping a press conference, but not for testing positive for cocaine.

I'd like to clown on Dana some more for the ridiculous sh*t he tries to justify, but then I recall Goodell said some really dumb sh*t trying to justify the NFL's handling of the Ray Rice case. In the end it's all about the damn money to these guys and they'll say anything to make more of it.

Back