Dana White: Jones had 'the right to fight,' canceling Cormier fight was not an option

I don't think it's any of our business, let alone Cormier's.

The fact that this test result has no repercussions, to me that means nobody should have known.

When I see a document called "Confidential Test Results," that makes me nervous and angry.

People have less and less respect for privacy these days. If nothing came out on those tests for which Jones could be punished, it never should've been made public in the first place.

Yeah like Dana cares about fighters' rights. All he cares about is how much money they can make him. Not letting Jones/Cormier happen would have cost the UFC a lot of money.

Basically this.

lol At a fighter once having lost the "right to fight" for skipping a press conference, but not for testing positive for cocaine.

I have no problem with the fight going on. Which fan wanted that fight to be canceled?

I just hope the UFC gets to the bottom of Jones' funky tests. I wish I could say I trusted them to do that.
This. The cocaine thing is only funny given Jones' tryhard goodie two shoes nature. In terms of actually bearing any weight on the fight it doesn't matter. The only issue I have with it is that the UFC hast taken a hard stance on recreational drugs in the past several times.

The real issue is the ridiculous t/e ratio. The fact that the UFC covered that up when it looks really suspicious and generally means using synth e as a masking agent, and didn't pursue a blood test is sketchy as fuck. For any fighter not just Jones.

Dana can stop the fight and be Mr. Morals.

Or he can make a bunch of money, give people the fight everyone wants to see, avoid getting sued by Jones who was seemingly illegally tested for coke and busted for something that's not even against the rules per the commission, give one of his show ponies a reason to jet off to rehab just as his PED scandal hits the internet, and then maybe punish Jones later.

Not hard to figure out, comrades.

I don't think it's any of our business, let alone Cormier's.

The fact that this test result has no repercussions, to me that means nobody should have known.

When I see a document called "Confidential Test Results," that makes me nervous and angry.

People have less and less respect for privacy these days. If nothing came out on those tests for which Jones could be punished, it never should've been made public in the first place.

It was made public in light of Jones checking himself into rehab though. The media was going to find out about Jones going to rehab one way or another. They wanted to be. step ahead of the game and say it was for this and that it's under control.

The unexpected backlash of course is that the commission wasn't supposed to screen recreational drugs and when they did more information was required. That led to the drug tests coming out completely.

I think it is unreasonable to expect the UFC to release Jones' cocaine test to the public before the fight, or call their biggest fight in a long time off because of a positive test for something that isn't explicitly banned by WADA outside of competition. Now, if this masking agent controversy has anything to it, that's a completely different matter, but I actually find the UFC's actions to be completely defensible if the only issue was a positive cocaine test out of competition.

I'm sure not sure if he had a "right" to know but I'm sure DC would have appreciated knowing he was going to fight a cocaine user. Doubtful if it would have made any difference at all but, yeah, I'm sure he would have appreciated knowing.

Obviously they didn't tell DC because they didn't want him telling anyone else

Can you imagine the disappointment around here if they HAD cancelled the Fight? People were counting the minutes for that one. This place would have gone NUTS!

Why cancel the fight?

Everyone wanted to see the fight. DC wanted to fight. Bones wanted to fight. The venue was sold out etc.

THERE WAS NO REASON TO STOP THE FIGHT JUST BECAUSE HE PARTEY BETWEEN FIGHTS.

That's funny if I get caught doing drugs at (or not) work, I get fired not put in rehab...

Why cancel the fight?

Everyone wanted to see the fight. DC wanted to fight. Bones wanted to fight. The venue was sold out etc.

THERE WAS NO REASON TO STOP THE FIGHT JUST BECAUSE HE PARTEY BETWEEN FIGHTS.

Coke makes you crazy strong and lose a lot of weight, there is 2 reasons right there.

Dana White made the following statement today about Jon Jones:

"[What] people have to understand in this situation [is that] Jon Jones was contracted to fight, and everyone thinks we can just say,

thoughts

ufc have always been shady as fuck too

I'm sure not sure if he had a "right" to know but I'm sure DC would have appreciated knowing he was going to fight a cocaine user. Doubtful if it would have made any difference at all but, yeah, I'm sure he would have appreciated knowing.

Obviously they didn't tell DC because they didn't want him telling anyone else

Why would that have mattered?

"Hey DC, your opponent was caught having partied with cocaine a month before the fight, just so you know"

How stupid.

Back