Dana White: Jones doesn't want to fight Gus, asking for Cormier, 5 fights left

How is Jon ducking Glover? He beat him already and Gus fought some dude named Manuwa, who is arguably not even top 10. While DC has been walking through heavyweights and light heavyweights alike. Good on Jon for striving for the toughest challenges possible. This is the closest thing to a superfight, in regards to Jones vs. DC, of course.

And just to be clear, I'm on OG Jon Jones hater but lol at anyone that thinks a rematch with Gus makes more sense than Jones vs. DC right now.

10268579_786630211387532_5188725154526294753_n.jpg

You should stick to your lol worthy posts of saying Barao will be a draw and leave the meme's to someone else.

How is Jon ducking Glover? He beat him already and Gus fought some dude named Manuwa, who is arguably not even top 10. While DC has been walking through heavyweights and light heavyweights alike. Good on Jon for striving for the toughest challenges possible. This is the closest thing to a superfight, in regards to Jones vs. DC, of course.

And just to be clear, I'm on OG Jon Jones hater but lol at anyone that thinks a rematch with Gus makes more sense than Jones vs. DC right now.

Why do you want Jones to fight an injured DC?

Or are you OK with Jones sitting out for the next 10-12 months waiting?

You should stick to your lol worthy posts of saying Barao will be a draw and leave the meme's to someone else.

butthurt much?
now now, don't cry! I am sure Jon will make up a new excuse not to fight DC either, and you will need to be strong !

Why do you want Jones to fight an injured DC?

Or are you OK with Jones sitting out for the next 10-12 months waiting?

DC is injured? I had no idea about this.

If DC will be out for a long period of time then the Gus rematch sounds about right. It's just getting tiresome watching quick rematches on the reg in the UFC. And if DC is capable of fighting relatively soon, I don't see how a rematch with Gus would supersede that. It really doesn't make any sense... at least to me.

DC is injured? I had no idea about this.

If DC will be out for a long period of time then the Gus rematch sounds about right. It's just getting tiresome watching quick rematches on the reg in the UFC. And if DC is capable of fighting relatively soon, I don't see how a rematch with Gus would supersede that. It really doesn't make any sense... at least to me.

DC hurt his knee. Possible ACL surgery.

Oh, and he lost a tooth when he slammed Hedo to the mat.:icon_chee

Dana is just trying to bully Jones into taking the fight and contract. Giving him negative press so Jones can get mad and just take the fight out of frustration.

Props to Jones for being smarter than that.

Put bias aside and look at two important aspects here.....

1. Jones already has a 5 fight contract
2. There's not one logical reason for the LHW champ to avoid the #1 contender unless there is a issue with PEDs.

It really is that simple. This isnt a situation where its a pay dispute. Or the organization is trying to set up a mismatch. Its a matter of the champ agreeing to fight the blatantly obvious #1 contender.

I prefer DC first.

However, this has nothing to do with what's going on: JJ should fight whoever they put in front of him. It's not up to him to decide who gets the titel shot.

It doesn't happen in any other major sport but boxing. Let's not get that mentality into UFC, and no A-side/B-side shit either. You negotiate, sign on the line which is dotted, and then you fight whoever the organisation deems worthy.

My problem with this whole fiasco is....Does it really matter whos more worthy of a title shot, Gus or DC? Its long been established that Gus is the #1 contender and more importantly, who the fans want to see. Why re-invent the wheel at the 11th hour? No point in over complicating this, just fight him.

Jones is playing mind games with Gus, Cormier and the UFC.

I actually think it's a smart move as far as the situation with Gus. He's getting into Alex's head with all the delays. DC didn't expect to fight Jon, and thinks Jon is ducking him, so now he's got DC thinking WTF... I don't think Jon is afraid of Gus and DC might even be a harder fight.

The only problem he may have with this strategy is with the UFC. Dana doesn't like being strong-armed in public and this would be the 2nd time Jon has publicly refused to take a fight as the champ.

He's trolling them all. Has DC commented yet?

Dana being Dana. Last week he said they were working on a new deal with Jones. Now he suddenly has five fights left and there is now new deal in the works. Besides, the majority of fans want to see him fight Cormier anyway, so why not give one of the best of all time what he wants..FOR ONCE. Instead Dana choses to discredit him, as if that ever worked in the past with Jones.

The par you messed up was this: They were offering an extension. They were not "working on a new deal, and then suddenly he had five fights left."

To Duck: To avoid or evade. Used in combative sports. Often used to describe avoidance of a particular individual or group of persons.

To Duck: To avoid or evade. Used in combative sports. Often used to describe avoidance of a particular individual or group of persons.

Its hard to evade someone in a competitive sport, you already beat.

Back