Dana White: Jones doesn't want to fight Gus, asking for Cormier, 5 fights left

Chules

@UVEE's BESTIE 😺
@plutonium
Reaction score
"Just to clear up a couple things, people think we're in contract negotiations with Jon Jones - we're not. Jon Jones still has five fights left on his contract," White said Monday afternoon in an exclusive interview with UFC.com. "So what we're doing right now is trying to get him to sign the bout agreement for Gustafsson. He doesn't want to fight Gustafsson. ... Lorenzo and I have a meeting with Jones on Thursday to get him to sign the bout agreement, and he's asking to fight Cormier instead."

http://www.ufc.com/news/dana-download-june-2?utm_campaign=The+Download&utm_source=15600

inb4ducking Gus.

Even though the majority of Sherdog posters would say Cormier is the better fight.

Nike-Jon-Jones-Just-Duck-It-Shirt-by-Diogo-Pace-Post.jpg

Nike-Jon-Jones-The-Duck-Knows-Shirt-Post.jpg

black+rubber+duck.jpg

While... umm... yea, he's ducking Gus.

I actually think I might slightly prefer the DC fight. But I really want to see both and the fact is that Gus is next.

Jones vs. Cormier is a better match up. The Gus fight was close I want to see a change.

Ducking a guy he already beat? Sounds legit.

DC is a harder fight for him imo.

He's already beat Gus and it wasn that long ago

Fight Cormier. He's a viable contender. Then rematch Gus. We all win. IMHO

GD it how many more posts do I need before I'm no longer a white belt! This sucks.

I think DC is a better fight/fighter then Gus. This is just another big thing where people will call Jones a duck for awhile then when Jones beats Gus again it will be forgotten.

Ducking a guy he already beat? Sounds legit.

DC is a harder fight for him imo.

I think it's a harder fight too. If Gus can take down Jones what's DC going to do? Either way surely he'll end up fighting Gus again in those 5 fights left.

I'd watch Cormier/Jones over Gus/Jones

He's beat Gus, he hasn't beat DC. Though if I were him I'd quit fighting unless paid much more. He's the only star UFC have, might as well get more money.

Back