Dana white: Jon Jones dosent want to fight Gustafsson

Cormier is a tougher fight than Gus. I'd rather see it. Props to Jones for wanting the DC fight instead.

Based on what?

Gus gave Jones has toughest fight in his career and in many peoples eyes won.

not sure who to believe and i highly doubt jones is scared of gus. i think dc is a bigger challenge than gus

419ba00a66926efc7a8ff7ca55650dc9.gif

We need a way to trick Jones into the cage first.

C'mon now, Hymn, I like you and your gifs, but if you truly think Jones is scared of Gus, idk what to say.

DC is the tougher fight if anything.

It's more likely that Jones doesn't like Gus and his annoying fans, I wouldn't want to reward people I don't like either.

If Jones were to beat DC, we all know he would have no problem signing the contract to fight Gus again.

He's not scared, he's a dick. And a rightful dick at that.

Uncle Dana shouldn't go around promoting fights that weren't agreed upon yet.

Based on what?

Gus gave Jones has toughest fight in his career and in many people eyes won.

I think people are basing that theory because they assume DC can take Jones down. Jones on his back is a Jones that loses, not only because he is on bottom, but because when he is standing he now HAS to fear being taken down..... only Gus has got him there. If judges weren't so impressed by leg kicks, Gus would have won with just the basic fear of TDs and a solid counter hooking-jab.

I prefer the DC fight :/

I don't feel like there is a reason for the UFC to put this out in the open so much that it's on their site. Is it really so drastic now?

I think this all has to do with him not wanting to fight in Sweden.

The contract is for a fight in Las Vegas.

Real MMA fans and real fans of either fighter wants to see this fight BECAUSE the last one was so close and so good.

Agreed. Saying either fighter will dominate and get a quick finish is silly and also not wanting to see the 2013 FOTY again is equally silly.

Based on what?

Gus gave Jones has toughest fight in his career and in many people eyes won.

Better wrestling and is stronger. Gus was never rag-dolling and KO'ing legit good heavyweights. DC offers a lot of challenges Jones hasn't faced.

You people will believe anything Dana White says...

I gotta second this.

Anyway, I seem to remember Dana White saying something about being in contract negotiations with Jones on their little documentary dealio... what was that all about, then?

The contract is for a fight in Las Vegas.

Agreed. Saying either fighter will dominate and get a quick finish is silly and also not wanting to see the 2013 FOTY again is equally silly.

Ah, my bad. I thought they were still trying to get into Sweden. It's been all the talk out in Vegas that it's a big reason the IMMAF is out here (silliest thing eva).

Give Jones his money.

As already stated, he's already under contract. So he can sit out if he wants, but he won't be the champ... and he'll sure look silly.

You people will believe anything Dana White says...

So you think he doesn't have fights left on his contract?

Better wrestling and is stronger. Gus was never rag-dolling and KO'ing legit good heavyweights. DC offers a lot of challenges Jones hasn't faced.

DC is also alot shorter and will have a big problem of handling Jones' reach

Ducking Gus to fight the guy koing heavyweights?

That's not ducking. He's probably tired of DC and his call outs and wants to shut him up.

That and he doesn't want to get his ass kicked again by someone who matches up well against him.

Which is why it's weird Jones doesn't want to fight Gus.

I think this all has to do with him not wanting to fight in Sweden.

I know there's a lot of trolls that want to pretend Gus is sure to win. Real MMA fans and real fans of either fighter wants to see this fight BECAUSE the last one was so close and so good. Who cares who wins? It's about another epic war opportunity.

btw, hilarious how so many were roped into thinking this was about contract negotiations. Even I got roped into it, even though I questioned if he had fights left on his previous contract or not.

I wouldn't blame him for not fighting in Sweden, I read about time zone changes for athletes, an athlete needs a mininum 1 day per hour difference to adjust and that's for the very best, could be longer. During those days you can't push yourself in training, for an athlete who trains twice a day hard, will have moderate training once a day for that time, also what time will they fight??? i know in brazil they have u fight in the early morning so they can put at normal ppv Hours in America, that is a huge factor that Gus will have another big advantage yet again, what's his diet gonna be like over there?? that's another huge issue American fighters have going to Brazil, these are serious issues for athletes who need peak at the right time, were talking about performance level dropping 25% from peak performance to post Peak performance, i would never as Jones agree to go to Europe in Gus's back yard for this fight, might as well hand him the belt

Dc too explosive. Either fight jones is going to lose his strap.

Cormier is a great wrestler no doubt, but is he willing to lose an eye to get that takedown?

Didnt the UFC video recently that show Dana and Lorenzo meeting with one of Jon manager hoping to get a deal done?

DC is also alot shorter and will have a big problem of handling Jones' reach

I know, but he's fast and very good at covering distance. While I still think Gus has a decent chance against Jones, I'm much more confident that DC would beat him.

Back