Dana White: "It's not good for the sport..."

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damn. Dana White just went upfront with Rousey... telling her that basically her behavior isn't good for the sport.

"It's not good for the sport, It's not good for YOU"

I really want to hear what Dana said off-cam.

One year ago he was crazy hyped over Ronda. Now it seems like he couldn't care less about her. Like, he's used her to get the women's division rolling and now he couldn't care less who holds the title.

Is it because Ronda has said she plans on quitting in a year or 2, and that she's already getting into movies?
Is it because of the way Ronda has been behaving in public since being UFC Women's Champ?

Why does Dana only NOW realize that Ronda's behavior may not be good for the sport. And why is he not blindly supporting her like he did before.

Interesting.

Dana doesnt like people making thei name off his org if theyre not commited to it. bottom line

Damn. Dana White just went upfront with Rousey... telling her that basically her behavior isn't good for the sport.

"It's not good for the sport, It's not good for YOU"

I really want to hear what Dana said off-cam.

One year ago he was crazy hyped over Ronda. Now it seems like he couldn't care less about her. Like, he's used her to get the women's division rolling and now he couldn't care less who holds the title.

Is it because Ronda has said she plans on quitting in a year or 2, and that she's already getting into movies?
Is it because of the way Ronda has been behaving in public since being UFC Women's Champ?

Why does Dana only NOW realize that Ronda's behavior may not be good for the sport. And why is he not blindly supporting her like he did before.

Interesting.
Its all a merry dance for ratings, come the end of the season it will be life as usual with Dana hanging out with Ronda like a guy in the friend zone.

Source? Or was this from the most recent TUF episode?

Dana doesnt like people making thei name off his org if theyre not commited to it. bottom line

Yea that's what I'm seeing, just hard to believe though considering how full of Ronda he was. He basically gave her the title and her own division, no questions asked.

A lot of us were fooling around saying that it's because she was sleeping with him. I mean, seriously, he was making public appearances with a pink Ronda Rousy T on.

But it's so clear that whatever infatuations he had with Ronda, it's history.

I think he's just so big a narcissist that he loves himself the most at the end of the day.

I think Ronda made a mistake saying that she only wants to fight a couple more years and move to acting, or something along those lines.

This kinda shit really pisses Dana off, and it seems Ronda was no exception.

Remember when Rampage went batshit crazy and went on a road rampage and getting chased by the police? Dana was all supportive of Rampage and stood behind him and encouraged him to seek help.

About a year later, Rampage turns down a fight with Evans to go shoot The A Team and BAM Dana White has held a fury with Rampage and has NEVER gotten over it.
This man is straight up gangsta.

Interesting point guys. Sounds like it's possible or you guys could just be reading into it too much. I think he would say something like that regardless of who the fighter was. He was just trying to be politically correct for the camera. The last thing he wants is a brawl to take place on the show. On the other hand, it's not like it's being taped Live and they could just choose not to record the fight between Hallman and Edmund. In fact, it might not be good for the sport, but it was good for ratings and helps to promote the feud between both fighters. If the altercation was really so bad, it would have been edited out.

Interesting point guys. Sounds like it's possible or you guys could just be reading into it too much. I think he would say something like that regardless of who the fighter was. He was just trying to be politically correct for the camera. The last thing he wants is a brawl to take place on the show. On the other hand, it's not like it's being taped Live and they could just choose not to record the fight between Hallman and Edmund. In fact, it might not be good for the sport, but it was good for ratings and helps to promote the feud between both fighters. If the altercation was really so bad, it would have been edited out.

a man with healthy IQ. :icon_idea but ronda is still sort of mentally blub blub

Its obvious the UFC hate RONDA! She helped the ufc name but they could have done that with another female fighter who was good tbh. Facts are Ronda doesnt care for mma, she wants to be in movies and once she lands a decent enough consistent role with it shes leaving mma behind. so the millions that ufc invest in her brand image promotion etc will go to waste and they know its not worth it.

On top of this,almost everyone hates ronda now, shes a little spoilt kid who throws tantrums cries winges acts like a bully and imo is butt ugly with that thing growing on her face. I think the ufc are really pushing meisha for this fight, shes prettier, shes more interested in the sport and imo has a way better personality to represent the sport.

Its obvious the UFC hate RONDA! She helped the ufc name but they could have done that with another female fighter who was good tbh. Facts are Ronda doesnt care for mma, she wants to be in movies and once she lands a decent enough consistent role with it shes leaving mma behind. so the millions that ufc invest in her brand image promotion etc will go to waste and they know its not worth it.

On top of this,almost everyone hates ronda now, shes a little spoilt kid who throws tantrums cries winges acts like a bully and imo is butt ugly with that thing growing on her face. I think the ufc are really pushing meisha for this fight, shes prettier, shes more interested in the sport and imo has a way better personality to represent the sport.

So many wrongs in this post. I will agree that it would have been better if someone like Gina, with the skills that Ronda currently has, was still the face of WMMA. But I doubt they invested millions into her brand. Dana doesn't give a shit if you hate her just like he doesn't care if you hate Jones. As long as people are talking about her and as long as she is winning then nothing else matters.

Exactly.

Another thing I noticed from a minute's work is that Miesha has been constantly promoting this season of TUF, and the fighters on her twitter while reacting to fan's tweets.

Ronda is just basically 'bigger' [in her mind] than this whole thing, so she's going on with her daily routine of tweeting pictures from instagram. Ronda is all about Ronda.

PS, This is another quote by Dana White:

Asked by reporters at Thursday's UFC on Fight Night press conference at the Wang Center whether she thinks Rousey will go ahead and retire in two years, White was blunt: "There's no way in hell," White said.

Rousey, who defends her title against Miesha Tate at UFC 168, has roles lined up in "The Expendables 3" and "Fast and Furious 7." White, however, has seen several fighters get sidetracked by Hollywood and is convinced Rousey isn't going anywhere.

"I don't care what Hollywood offers, they're ain't paying what we're paying," White said. "These guys, when they go out and make a movie, they're not paying what we are."

As for Rousey's Twitter rant, White, who has been known to engage in a Twitter kerfluffle or two of his own, had a bit of advice: Stay offline if you're having a bad day.

"If you want to be on Twitter, get ready," White said. "Put your big-girl boots on. Get ready, because s--- coming at you. Any time you're in the public, with social media, and the internet or anywhere else, people are going to say stupid shit to you. No matter what, it's going to happen. You can't snap and flip out on everybody any time they do. She'll learn that, she's still young."

They could've done that with another female, but no other female had been destroying competition in the same fashion as Ronda. It's a sight to behold seeing someone fight when you know what they are going to attack with, and people still can't stop it.
Upon watching this season of TUF (which I've been enjoying) it's becoming quite apparent that she's brash and abrasive, and on the whole, less endearing than Miesha. Who cares if you think she's "butt ugly" because she has a mole on her face (i'm not sure if it's a mole but who gives a fuck?). While i think Miesha is pretty, I don't feel that is what they're using as a promotional push. They are embracing the distaste these girls have for eachother, because everyone likes a good rivalry.

tumblr_msxpepxglm1rvcjd7o1_500.gif

tumblr_mqtmouG4iK1sn43l5o1_400.gif

Yes. Yes it is.

And between the online Zuffa shills and some useful idiots we're seeing the character assassination of Rousey real time.

The editing process for TUF can easily tell stories that are not reality. With others dictating what happens next and controlling the various aspects introduced into the picture it is easy to pull the strings like a puppet master to force people into situations where they are forced to choose a direction which may or may not be flattering depending on the options given. Which are again controlled by others. How often do you get to see what happens before certain incidents are edited, spliced and aired? And how those incidents are introduced to the scene by others?

Someone should go on camera and ask Dana White if his foul mouth is good for the sport? Or how poorly the fighters are treated and compensated.

It might be edited in favor of Tate, but shits are spoken and done by Ronda either way. There's a healthy line of intelligence she steps over too often that cant be edited.

Seriously, there is a demand to see Rhonda acting? I've seen her tough woman act and I sure am not looking forward to more acting from her.

Yeah... seeing Dana complaining about drama on TUF cracked me up.

Back