Dana White is ‘a fair man’ - Glover Teixeira

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/11...-title-shot-dana-white-is-a-fair-man-mma-news

“Dana’s a business guy. He’s gonna do (what’s good for the business),” Teixeira told ESPN’s Ariel Helwani in a recent interview. “But also, I’m telling you this: he’s a fair man. I see some people complain about Dana; I’ve got no complaints about Dana.”
This is the correct thing to say even if you think Dana is an asshole. It puts pressure on Dana treating him right otherwise it will look bad. Well played Glover!

Here's hoping he continues to kiss Dana's ass, wins the belt, do a complete 180 and tell Dana he's a d**che POS

Dana most likely does not decide the match-ups for big title fights. He's probably just a figure head / spoke person at this point ever since the UFC sold to the new owners.
Who do you think does it now?

We ll see how fair he is with the next lhw title shot

Glover has always bee an ultra classy guy

I remember there was a superthread about him when he showed up in the UFC newly, about how humble he was, the life he grew up with - with no electricity and what not...

Damn, I miss good threads.

Jeez... Now everyone talking shit about Glover because he said something kinda nice about Dana?

Maybe Glover means what he says. He probably knows a side of Dana that we the fans never see. You guys are far too cynical
Maybe but also Glover is just a genuinely good dude. I don't see him airing dirty laundry publicly, if he had an issue with Dana he'd work it out with him man to man.

So if Dana White gives Izzy the next title shot will Glover call it fair lol?

I'd call Dana White a terrible businessman if he gave Glover the next TS if Izzy is ready to face Jan.

Dana White is so fair, he cut Gerald Harris after 3 stoppage wins, because he lost a decision to Falcao where he was severely concussed in the first round and fought to survive the rest of the way.

Dana White, the supreme Gentleman.

Let's see Glover's response if Dana books Jan/Israel

Dana is a just bleed fan. If you are that, he is fair if not he might just be the opposite of fair.

dana calls glover

so im thinking 100k/100k

glover - thats a little low, i am 40 and fighting for title ya know?

dana - look man YOU WANNA BE A FUCKING FIGHTER OR WHAT?
dana - *tells media*

glover wants no part of jan, he declined the fight to me over the phone.

dana bless

Dana can be fair, but the biggest truth is what Glover said first... "Dana’s a business guy. He’s gonna do (what’s good for the business)," - Yes, he sometimes acts in ways that are fair BUT he is first and foremost a business guy and will do whatever he thinks is best to make himself and his bosses money. Being fair comes far down the list compared to making money for Dana.

He's only a fair guy for people who believe in the feudal system or think that robber barons are fair.

Glover will get his shot, now that Jones is gone everyone in the Top 5-6 IMO can become champion, no one really stands out as the fighter that will dominate them all currently.

He oversees everything, the matchmakers are his employees. Thus, everything they do is okayed by him.

Yea but almost all the work here is delegated. That’s how large corporations work. All lot of the work is done by managers dealing with specific areas. The CEO of the company isn’t responsible for every decision made my the head of HR or the guy running payroll.

It is irrational to think Seam Shelby and Mick Maynard, the matchmakers don’t share at least sone if not ALL of the blame for controversial matchmaking decisions. It is their primary job

dana calls glover

so im thinking 100k/100k

glover - thats a little low, i am 40 and fighting for title ya know?

dana - look man YOU WANNA BE A FUCKING FIGHTER OR WHAT?
dana - *tells media*

glover wants no part of jan, he declined the fight to me over the phone.

dana bless
he got like 300k for torturing smith, he's probably been paid around that much per fight his whole career especially since he came into the ufc on a huge win streak. glover is definitely one of the most paid fighters to never touch a belt, dont know why anyone in this thread is suprised he doesnt hate dana.

Back